• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 Logo is still an Abomination

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
As is tradition...

Qp1Vhd8.png
Giraffe blowjob

dcx4610

I liked the original logo honestly. I was a huge Street Fighter fan growing up but they lost me with the art style of SF4/5. Unfortunately I'm still lost on SF6. I just don't like the big, bulk characters and flashy designs. That said, I like seeing them trying something different instead of constantly rehashing even if it's not for me.

radewagon

Its a conscious effort to make it more Western. The old logos are distinctly Japanese. Its sad.
What exactly makes the old logos distinctly Japanese? Like, they are written in English. As though Capcom was always courting western audiences and a global market with Street Fighter.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Everything about Street Fighter has been increasingly trash after SFIV. Basically a dead and better forgotten franchise now with what they've shown of VI.

danklord

Gold Member
The logo clearly emphasizes the street aesthetic and the design decisions reflect a deliberate choice of emphasis. Probably because of elements like the urbanized hub world they're introducing in this game.

It still sucks, but some reasonable rationale.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What exactly makes the old logos distinctly Japanese?
Use of ink like aesthetics in the fonts, similar to this.

osake.png

The new fonts feel like its trying too hard to be "professional" which comes off looking dull and boring.

[Sigma]

I guess we kinda got satisfied by default because the first iteration was far worse but yeah it's still bad in grand scheme of things in comparison to other Street Fighter games.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
On another day of gamers complain about everything:

Yea, its just a an opinion but the logo... it's still horrendous. I don't think Capcom has gotten enough shit for it yet after the whole Adobe Stock Image and then they evolved it into something equally ugly.

Here's the old ones carrying a legacy.

wY5jKJ6.png

What the fuck is this? Oh look, so witty; a 6 and VI in Roman Numerals and edgy with the graffiti! Are we cool yet?

3QmvdCB.png
Things change with the times, get over it

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
the font doesn't look good, all of the others had an amazing cool looking font and then SF6 walks in like "how do you like PowerPoint?"

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lmao. How does it look like a pos game? Tf

A westernized, esports sf with a garbage art direction and logo? fucking luke? what about this looks good to you?

If the core gameplay ends up being out of this world good and the online is on point its still just a 5 out of 10 because everything else we've seen looks like absolute dogshit

Looks like some whitewashed generic free to play fighting game not SF

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
A westernized, esports sf with a garbage art direction and logo? fucking luke? what about this looks good to you?
1. it's not esports
2. the art direction's actually more of a return to form if anything. It's called STREET Fighter because you're supposed to fight on a street. The urban artstyle is fitting and is colorful and unique as well- it's really well animated and smooth flowing
3. just move to japan already if you hate the west so much
it's literally just the logo that sucks, which is a shame because the game from what i've seen deserves better looking than this

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
1. it's not esports

Someone's in denial.....if it walks like a duck....talks like a duck.....Capcom has spoken about where they want to take things the writing is on the wall if not six then seven

2. the art direction's actually more of a return to form if anything. It's called STREET Fighter because you're supposed to fight on a street. The urban artstyle is fitting and is colorful and unique as well- it's really well animated and smooth flowing

Return to form? are you blind?

evalution-of-ryu-in-street-fighter.png

3. just move to japan already if you hate the west so much
*wants Japanese game to look and feel Japanese*

"why do you hate the west?" lmao really dude

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Someone's in denial.....if it walks like a duck....talks like a duck.....Capcom has spoken about where they want to take things the writing is on the wall if not six then seven

Return to form? are you blind?

evalution-of-ryu-in-street-fighter.png

*wants Japanese game to look and feel Japanese*

"why do you hate the west?" lmao really dude
You still haven't given me any proof on how SF6 will be "esports" exactly... the logo looks like an esports logo sure but besides that it looks like it's gonna be its own experience

As for the artstyle, i'd say this looks pretty japanese
dr5ZmE3.png

and the urban feel is very much inspired by tokyo's slums (essentially japanese ghetto), it's not a western exclusive thing
rV6Odot.jpg

Also, Japanese studios don't HAVE to make japanese feeling games. They're not under law to make a game that's DISTINCTLY Japanese. Panty and Stocking is one of the most beloved anime and it's basically just japan trying to imitate america as hard as possible, and the less i say about Metal gear solid, the better... How the fuck is this a negative to anyone but YOUR weeaboo ass?

yurinka

The logo clearly emphasizes the street aesthetic and the design decisions reflect a deliberate choice of emphasis. Probably because of elements like the urbanized hub world they're introducing in this game.

It still sucks, but some reasonable rationale.
In addition to this the shape behind Street Fighter has 6 sides and features a 6 both in Roman numerals and in Arabic numerals. The graffitti aesthetic also matches with all Street Fighter, and the "Street Fighter" type font highlights the brand only, as if it was a reboot instead of a sixth part (making it more appealing to new players who could be "scared" of losing too much not knowing the previous games), plus the "stret fighter" type font is also more modern, legible, bold and contemporary, and more fitting with eSports.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Nice use of superman's S, brings a lot of mermories back...
You inspired me to do my take :
oZryVu2.jpg

Now can real talented illustrators like Ailynn Ailynn please come and show us their take on the logo ?

My logo isn't as good as the one you guys came up with...but it took me fourteen weeks of blood, sweat, and tears to complete...and even though I'm usually very humble, I can honestly say I've never been more proud of myself. :messenger_relieved:

bAXVCrx.png

(I hope everyone knows I'm kidding) :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I don’t get the outrage over the art style. To me it looks more like the sf2 than any other 3D SF. 🤷‍♂️

The presentation so far of this game ha me having doubts about the quality of Street Fighter 6s Konquest Adventure mode. Which is supposedly the biggest part of the game.

yurinka

The presentation so far of this game ha me having doubts about the quality of Street Fighter 6s Konquest Adventure mode. Which is supposedly the biggest part of the game.
There is no Konquest Adventure mode and didn't provide length for any part. But mentione that the 3 main SF6 parts each one is like a game on itself:
  • Fighting ground: classic SF experience will all the normal modes that were on SFV (arcade, training, ranked, casual, etc)
  • World Tour: single player story mode where we control a custom avatar character. We explore the game's world and learn more about the lore and character's backgrounds
  • Battle Hub: Place to engage with other players online with apparently following tournaments and possibly playing retro games and more

Last edited:
There is no Konquest Adventure mode and didn't provide length for any part. But mentione that the 3 main SF6 parts each one is like a game on itself:
  • World Tour: single player story mode wher we control a custom avatar character where we explore the game's world and learn more about the lore and character's backgrounds

So there IS a Konquest adventure mode.

But like I said I'm not starting to wonder about the quality of that.

Top Bottom