• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Rated 18+ For Nudity and 'Excessive Violence' in South Korea

Rambone

toy story cup GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't get it. I am in the presence of nudity and sex daily.
So why is nudity more taboo than killing fools in games

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

Aenima

How is it the more I hear about this game, the more interested I become!???

I was going to pre order, but the FF rebirth demo reminded me why I shouldn't.
Im pre-ordering the physical version, but maybe is not a bad idea to wait to see how it performs. Nikke was one of the most bugged games at launch i experienced on mobile. Knowing Sony is helping them make me more hopefull the same will not happen, and Stellar Blade already got delayed from its 2023 release date. Being they debut with a tripple A console game, also make me hopefull they want to deliver a polished product at launch.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
He’s not lying. Last like 3 threads on here all just circle jerk the chicks looks.

I’m of the mind this will be a shallow shitter game.

Big time wait and see on this one.

Well....maybe that's what some people on GAF are interested in. But that doesn't mean others aren't talking about other "deeper" stuff.

Even if this game is the equivalent to the movie sucker punch I’m in.
Yep. Snyder is like most of current Hollywood a bit much in the style over substance category, but Sucker Punch was possibly one of his better original works. While weirdly executed with the male appealing visuals and action themes, with music video pacing, it is still an action movie about mental stuff and I truly believe it does hold a candle against One flew over the cuckoos nest, Joker or Pan's Labyrinth, just a different approach. He just made it enjoyable for men, which, considering the beginning of the movie, is somewhat weird and or commited ballsy, but filth for men is hated by some so it can't be considered good.

This game might be more than just ass, and we'll see what it really is, but some critics with an agenda might never allow it to be viewed as good, since it uses virtual ass and jiggle to sell itself.

Which makes me sad, and will probably happen;

-Regardless of the game having a hot character, but also being an excellent game, it will get low ratings because of the stupid SJWs.

-Many people buy games based on reviews, which means that game sales could be affected.

In short, even though it's a great product, it could fail because of these idiots and prevent the company from growing, or even the game having a sequel. All this because of a hot protagonist.
If the game is genuinely bad, that's another story.

I hope that if the game is good, people won't rely on reviews. We've seen this happen several times with some games, but unfortunately with Stellar Blade the chances are high, and it will be revolting.

Crayon

Which makes me sad, and will probably happen;

-Regardless of the game having a hot character, but also being an excellent game, it will get low ratings because of the stupid SJWs.

-Many people buy games based on reviews, which means that game sales could be affected.

In short, even though it's a great product, it could fail because of these idiots and prevent the company from growing, or even the game having a sequel. All this because of a hot protagonist.
If the game is genuinely bad, that's another story.

I hope that if the game is good, people won't rely on reviews. We've seen this happen several times with some games, but unfortunately with Stellar Blade the chances are high, and it will be revolting.

I think there are enough people side-eyeing reviews these days for just that reason. Controversy over a female character being too sexy would help the game more than hurt it.

Zuzu

I'm glad I'm not the only who sees past all the sweeping attack animations and backflips. All flash no substance.

I don’t think its combat is very good either. Granted I’ve only played through the story once and haven’t played through the 2nd and 3rd story play throughs that you’re meant to do but I doubt it gets much better.

I think there was a time, maybe 20 year ago, I would have reacted to this game's marketing completely differently. I would have written this game off as being over the top, and that the game probably sucks and the developers are going to for a cheap "sex sells" quick cash grab.

But the pendulum has swung so far in the other direction now in western gaming, that games like this which is admittedly over the top, is actually needed to bring back some balance. That the Overton window on having attractive females in a game has been push so far to the "no male gaze allowed" side that this game will hopefully pull it back toward the middle. That this game will give cover to the other developers doing some fanservice in their games and can still defend themselves from criticism from the Sarkisian crowd by saying "well, at least we aren't doing Stellar Blade type stuff".

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The combat in the Nier Remaster is even worse. Platinum Games are one of the most overrated developers.

Platinum didn't do the Nier Remaster, it was Toylogic who made it. Taura (from Platinum) merely had a supervisory role.

What you also seem to be missing is the fact that both Nier games use a hybrid design to accommodate players who aren't used to high skill-ceiling combat systems and are more familar with JRPG-style stat and ability building. The systems also have to work in a far more varied set of perspectives and situations than virtually any other title.

It seems a bit unfair to compare against games where stylish action is the sole core combat mechanic when its just part of what Nier offers.

Not saying this to defend Platinum, just to point out Nier is doing a lot of stuff that most games don't even try to.

Mister Wolf

Platinum didn't do the Nier Remaster, it was Toylogic who made it. Taura (from Platinum) merely had a supervisory role.

What you also seem to be missing is the fact that both Nier games use a hybrid design to accommodate players who aren't used to high skill-ceiling combat systems and are more familar with JRPG-style stat and ability building. The systems also have to work in a far more varied set of perspectives and situations than virtually any other title.

It seems a bit unfair to compare against games where stylish action is the sole core combat mechanic when its just part of what Nier offers.

Not saying this to defend Platinum, just to point out Nier is doing a lot of stuff that most games don't even try to.

I wasn't the one that mentioned the Nier games in the first place. Somebody tried to shoehorn them in with DMC5 and GOW and they simply are not on that level.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I wasn't the one that mentioned the Nier games in the first place. Somebody tried to shoehorn them in with DMC5 and GOW and they simply are not on that level.
At end of the day both Nier Replicant and Nier Automata are ARPG not character action games like DMC or Bayonetta.

For me I had fun with the combat, is no where near as deep as Bayonetta or DMC but it pretty damn fun.

Looking back at this old footage it does seem like they nerfed the jiggle physics a bit, at least the butt ones. Here's the video timestamped (slow the speed down to 0.5 or even 0.25) since I don't think it can be noticed that well from the gif I've captured here.

XQG6hNq.gif

Last edited:

Crayon

At end of the day both Nier Replicant and Nier Automata are ARPG not character action games like DMC or Bayonetta.

For me I had fun with the combat, is no where near as deep as Bayonetta or DMC but it pretty damn fun.

I always said with Nier:A you get an action game character with action game controls but not in an actual action game. The characters are fun to control and freestyle with, and they feel very strong, but there is not the balance and challenge in the game itself to really bring that out. I like the approach. The game could have still worked with a slow character and simplistic combat but they had platinum whip up a full featured action character instead. It's just incongruous with the game, which I think they all knew making it. It's hard to miss, actually.

Top Bottom