• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some new insights to Blu-ray (comments from HP and Panasonic)

pcostabel

Gold Member
chinch said:
BTW - it seems here people are excited to see Sony buy MGM (and seemingly strengthen it's position) whereas on home theater forums they generally loathe Sony's current handling and care for DVD products. Time will tell what is best for consumers.

I'm sorry, but Columbia/Tristar is the only studio that released all its DVD in anamorphic widescreen from HD transfers from day one. They have always been the best as far as DVD releases go.

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
kaching said:
Lieberfarb is an angry man.
This is your first post in the thread. After that you referenced a post on HVD then squabbled with my posts.

kaching said:
Which you then went on to describe as tantamount to failure. Yes or No?
No. I stated they'd have a rough time getting mass-market to buy into hi-def DVD for several reasons (none of which are personal preference) and they need to be quick out of the starting gate or the format(s) could be doomed. To debunk misinformation, i pointed out how DVD sales broke CE adoption rates.

kaching said:
The biggest problem I have with your arguments is that they misrepresent everyone else's position. You've been attacking a straw man. I've pointed it out multiple times in recent responses and you've summarily ignored these parts of my responses, only answering the parts that allow you to dance around this issue. You keep saying its all unintentional but you keep doing the same thing.
The biggest problem actually seems to be that I disagree with whatever opinion you are keeping to yourself. If you want to make a point on your own, the forum seems to be a useful place for that, not nit-picking what others post.

pcostabel said:
I'm sorry, but Columbia/Tristar is the only studio that released all its DVD in anamorphic widescreen from HD transfers from day one. They have always been the best as far as DVD releases go.
Columbia, along w/ Warner started out real strong. Some of their early discs were good for the time but always a bit high priced. Many say C/TS has tailed off, pricing too high and the superbit stuff being pointless. YMMV.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Did you think my first post in the thread was anything other than a joke? Is this why you choose to reference people with "Sony bias" in your first post? I think you ought to take a closer look at who started squabbling first. My first response directed at you simply asked a few questions to better understand your position and I left it at that once you answered. It was you who decided to begin squabbling with a post I directed at another poster's comments.

During the course of our exchanges you've had more than ample exposure to the opinion I hold on this topic. In point of fact, I think there's probably a couple of things we do agree on but you've approached this in a much more adversarial manner than is necessary by misrepresenting the position of others in this thread.

Top Bottom