• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New look for PS5 console coming this holiday season

Go_Ly_Dow

Hey Sony, we're into November now and because of your shoddy communications we still don't know if this is releasing in the UK. This month or this year at all.

Could you be kind enough to tell us low life British scum please. :messenger_winking_tongue: Thanks.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What has higher longevity before it needs to be replaced? Liquid metal or usual thermal grease ?

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Hey Sony, we're into November now and because of your shoddy communications we still don't know if this is releasing in the UK. This month or this year at all.

Could you be kind enough to tell us low life British scum please. :messenger_winking_tongue: Thanks.

Move to a real country.

boston-tea-party.gif

george-washington-dodge.gif

Brucey

For ppl concerned if they got rid of the NVMe slot.....even tho that was an odd thing to worry about, lol, its still there.
There's always still the one time activation to link the disk drive to console to be "concerned" about....

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
There's always still the one time activation to link the disk drive to console to be "concerned" about....
I have a feeling some PC folks that installed recent blu ray drives will start chiming in about that soon.

SenkiDala

why I have a feeling this is a mistake ?

too good to be true. if its not a mistake, I Might actually buy another PS5 and give the old one to my son ( again depending on how hot and noisy this thing is . someone do tests ffs )
It is not a mistake, they're making the same deal for the PS5 standard "fat" in France too, with a free COD MWIII. We don't have a release date for the slim in Europe yet, but some sources say it'll be in early December, you know how it is they can't announce those things too early or nobody will buy the "standard" ones.

For me this price is a big last "fuck you" to MS, since now they own ABK, it's the last year of the "deal" between Activision / Sony for COD so they wanna use that popular licence to sell as much PS5s as possible. Imagine ? Selling millions of PS5 because it is bundled with a free Microsoft Studios game.

//DEVIL//

It is not a mistake, they're making the same deal for the PS5 standard "fat" in France too, with a free COD MWIII. We don't have a release date for the slim in Europe yet, but some sources say it'll be in early December, you know how it is they can't announce those things too early or nobody will buy the "standard" ones.

For me this price is a big last "fuck you" to MS, since now they own ABK, it's the last year of the "deal" between Activision / Sony for COD so they wanna use that popular licence to sell as much PS5s as possible. Imagine ? Selling millions of PS5 because it is bundled with a free Microsoft Studios game.
I am not going to trade or change my cfi 12xx spider man 2 limited edition for the ps5 slim. I don't even care about it . Just wanted how is it in terms of heat and noise.

I was blessed with delta fan that is dead silent and my ps5 is 50 cm away from me only under my gaming monitor. And it's not hot at all. I highly doubt the ps5 slim will be as silent . ( Aside from chill influencers trying to promote this thing on YouTube ).

If anything it has few nwgstive points in my book that I don't like and I haven't seen the console yet.

- the shiny plastic in the middle will be harder to cover than standard not curved in the middle ps5 slim . I already have one from dbrand on my ps5
- the ps5 slim out of the box doesn't have any rubber feet under the blue ray drive plate. It will just sit flat on the plate on your table. Not only it will scratch to hell and back . It will also not be firm on the tv table or desk. If you try to buy some pads , it will need some on the other side too and that side is exposed so it will look funny.
- the stand that comes with the console. ..bruh. it's the same thing you get from a pizza box. How cheap it looks ? The ps5 stand makes look like it's floating in the air. Not garbage like this.

However, I did find it weird to bundle it with ps5 in general for free because at the end of the day. Fuck you or not to MS like you said,MS is still making money off every copy sold at Sony . If anything, Sony not only losing the loyalty fee to MS, they are not making money of copies sold for one of the biggesr hits this fall. Money is money. And that seems to be a weird move.they are charging you for a stand that came with the original ps5, you want them to give you MW3 for free ? Just weird move if true.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Lol @ that pack in game. COD is garbage and has been for years amongst us serious gamers.

They should throw in something like HFW.

Brucey

If its the disk PS5 its a great deal, some have said they think its the digital PS5
Didn't we already see the slim disk drive cod bundle for $499? It doesn't seem likely that Costco are going to sell a digital version with extra controller for $569, would be massively unattractive versus the drive bundles from other sellers.

gundalf

It looks like a chinese Famicom knock-off and in the Dave2D Video you could hear the cheap plastics.
My idea how to redeem the design:
  • Change outer white plastic shells to matte white
  • Change inner black trim to matte PSX gray
  • Make the gap between the top and bottom white shells smaller
  • Make the disc drive part extend the entire bottom so that no horizontal stand (those 2 clear plastic bits) is required anymore

I posted it in the teardown thread but.

GameStop is giving $407.50 for the OG disc version so I grabbed the slim for $120 total (sold the MW3 code for $50) so for $70 I got a new warranty, controller, and smaller console.

Anybody that says that there isn't difference is either blind, stupid, or pushing an agenda. It was immediately noticeable in both volume and weight.

Top Bottom