• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck giveaway for The Game Awards

Holammer

Valve is going to give away one Steam Deck every minute during The Game Awards Stream. To have a chance, you need to register on Steam beforehand and watch the stream there.
Only available for Steam users in US, Canada, UK, or EU.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn, gonna have multiple tabs open for MS, Sony, Steam, they all offer goodies during the stream lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The fuck, it says my region is not eligible.

I'm 10 mins from Washington fucking DC. It's as US as it gets lol

I'm in the US and it won't let me.

Unfortunately your region is not eligible for registration in the giveaway

I don't think the page is fully live yet ..

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Cute waifu
aefc5c9d2624d4aee949caef5a30739acb9ef481.png

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Good to see Valve actually giving a damn and promoting the Deck at a big event.
Registered of course. Last year was over 3 hours and a half so they'll probably end up giving away over 200 Steam Deck.

Good luck!

And I'm registered. Now I have a chance to get a second Deck!
Neogaf needs animated avatars then everyone will have smiley deck stickers.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Did you guys read the fine print? You have to have bought something on Steam for the past year.

You enter the promotion by registering for the Giveaway on the registration page (https://store.steampowered.com/sale/thegameawardssteamdeckdrop2022) and then watching the Giveaway Broadcast during the Giveaway Period while logged into your registered Steam Account. In order to be eligible to win a prize using this method of entry:

1. your Steam account must be in good standing (e.g., no active bans, locks);
  2. you must have made a purchase on Steam between 12:00am GMT on Nov 14, 2021 and 11:59 pm GMT on Nov 14, 2022, from one of the Giveaway Countries; and
  3. your entry in the Giveaway must have been made in good faith, as determined by Valve in its sole discretion.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
One HUGE caveat everyone needs to be aware of - in order to WIN, you *must* be watching The Game Awards LIVE *ON STEAM* as it streams.

Not kidding. So - is throwing away 3 hours of your life worth a 1/1,000,000 chance to win a $500 item? 🤔

jaysius

Banned
One HUGE caveat everyone needs to be aware of - in order to WIN, you *must* be watching The Game Awards LIVE *ON STEAM* as it streams.

Not kidding. So - is throwing away 3 hours of your life worth a 1/1,000,000 chance to win a $500 item? 🤔
Wow... can I just boof Scorpion Peppers? That would be less painful.

PhoenixTank

Open tab. Walk away/do something else 🤷‍♂️

• Thoughtful
Reactions: RNG

They are giving away about 150 steam decks at most. No one is expecting to win but this at least makes watching the show more interesting if you planned to watch it anyway.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Plug your phone into a charger, start the stream from the Steam app, and walk away.

Can we not bring attention to this so I can win one?
Your not going to win one, because I am going to win one.
Well I would If I can figure out how to watch on Steam. I don't see any video option.

Steam mobile app on IOS is asking for my Steam guard code that they email me. but the keyboard doesn't come up to enter the code.

edit- Found out I could just cut and paste it in without a keyboard.

Last edited:

splattered

I've never touched steam in my life but i wouldn't mind winning one of these for my kid... do i just sign up/install the app and then look for a link to watch later today? How does it work to watch the event through the app etc?

Fbh

Not available for south America.

Id tell you to fuck off steam but I'll forgive you because your regional pricing has "saved" me hundreds over the years

Last edited:

Holammer

I've never touched steam in my life but i wouldn't mind winning one of these for my kid... do i just sign up/install the app and then look for a link to watch later today? How does it work to watch the event through the app etc?
You need to have bought something for the past six months on Steam to qualify. Something like that.

This is the link they provided: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/thegameawards2022

Should be a huge banner at the top of the store page when it starts.
Thanks. I'm finally signed in, at a page thats mentions the Game Awards, I'm registered, I have an animated smiley Steam deck sticker, Now I assume the page will refresh with a time or button or something to tell that a video is going to start.
Free Deck future winner are me.

graywolf323

Thanks. I'm finally signed in, at a page thats mentions the Game Awards, I'm registered, I have an animated smiley Steam deck sticker, Now I assume the page will refresh with a time or button or something to tell that a video is going to start.
Free Deck future winner are me.
they'll be streaming it on https://steam.tv

edit: nvm that just redirects to the page from before

Last edited:

Kacho

I have to buy something? Oh fk that
You had to have bought something during a specific timeframe, like January to end of November or something. If you didn’t buy anything on Steam during that period then you probably don’t really need a deck tbh.

Top Bottom