• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck giveaway for The Game Awards

I'm afraid to refresh to see if it starts showing winners again. I'll just assume their system is shit, like all online systems. Fucking hell.

Last edited:
Seems to show a name about every 5 or so min.
Now a bunch of numbers are showing up as winners.
BOTS?

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
This is the worse giveaway ever, having to attentively watch a chat at the bottom, do you lose it if you don't accept it or something?

Or do you just need to be on that page?

Last edited:
Dance Robot GIF by doodles

jaysius

Banned
I feel like Ebay is about to be flooded with Steam Decks, and these people will probably try and get MSRP or better.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I gave up an hour in. I saw like 2 names pop up on the top left of the screen.

Edit: Wow. I had the stream popped out with the chat and there were no names popping up. I just went back to see how its running and I see all the announced names now 😢

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Bot account ID's
Maybe, but they included a filter condition in the rules requiring that you have made a real, qualifying purchase on steam within the past year and have been a member before the contest was announced -- so it's not possible to just spin up an army of bot accounts to take a win, without having invested real funds in them over time.

Buggy Loop

I feel like Ebay is about to be flooded with Steam Decks, and these people will probably try and get MSRP or better.

I can't imagine that Valve is not aware of this shit right? User ID 76561198990870959 and all variations with what, no games? Certainly there should be a check that there's a normal library?

Probably explains why the stream went to shit a few times, probably loaded so many bots..

They removed the user name and quickly replaced with Steam ID number to avoid more funny names on stream.
Mine is 76561198024652126 for example.I
I think your right. I see a long number in my user account page.
Come on some long number ending in 41051

Last edited:

Irobot82

I am seeing names now. Like St. Kris and Fehncore. Maybe it's a steam privacy setting. The numbers are for users with private profiles.

I need to cross reference those numbers maybe I won.
But the games trailers shown were a real disappointmen. At least I heard the games trailers. My eyes were focused on numbers being drawn.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Im assuming no one here won? The show lasted forever… if they were giving away one per minute, what were the actual chances of winning?

DaGwaphics

I was hoping at least one gafer would be a lucky bastard and win one. LOL

Not seeing anyone yet though.

Although I guess 200 or so systems vs. 700k streamers weren't the best odds to begin with.

spons

Gold Member
According to my viewer stats, I haven't watched a single second of this even though I watched the entire thing.

Last edited:

Larxia

According to my viewer stats, I haven't watched a single second of this even though I watched the entire thing.

I just checked, it shows 3 different things for me, maybe because of when she show crashed and I refreshed etc, not sure. In total it says I watched for 132 minutes, while I did watch the whole 3h30 thing.

Top Bottom