• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

I guess discount more that 50% for FF7&8 is pipe dream. You win Squenix, you win. I get both. It would be an easier choice if they have cards though.

Jawmuncher

dpoLK.gif

People are going to be killing each other over those brigmore bitches. Also glad you finally have the best avatar.

ExoSoul

Banned
About spec ops, whats it like?
The closer you'll ever get to feeling/seeing the psychological changes and suffering of being at war on a hostile foreign land through a video game.
As a game it's a very solid FPS and has an amazing work of integrating the sound track with the game play (quite the good soundtrack as well).
But the story, everyone who has played it will remember it.
Given that your not a psychopath who's unable to feel empathy towards others... *ahem*
If you have a hard time putting yourself in the character's shoes it might leave a softer impression but still a trip worth having either way.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Voted Gettysburg in a heartbeat.

I played one episode of KRZ, haven't disliked a game more since the last time I touched a Metal Gear game, ugh.

You must live an absolutely miserable life.

How about it gets finished first? How long has it been again?

You can't rush art, which KR0 absolutely is. It's much more about the journey, and the people that love it understand that. This isn't some hokey telltale feelgoodery story. The two guys working on it have a story they want to tell which has changed for the better as development has progressed. Absolutely everyone who has had the game was feeling bummed out by the year wait between Act 2 and 3 until they played it - then, suddenly, everyone was utterly in love and totally forgiving of how long it had been. But no one would understand this simply by sitting from the sidelines and judging it by the fact that the dev team is incredibly small, live their own lives outside of the game, and happen to take a while to get something that they find perfect by their standards.

Then again, I find myself waiting for The Dream Machine to be completed before I start playing it. I did, however, pay for it all up front. I realize not everyone is willing to do that.

Zeknurn

• A well received strategy game made by a well-known total war modder
  • A good adventure game that won't be finished for another year
  • A joke game made for youtubers

Make sure to vote for the right game everyone.

Tizoc

• A well received strategy game made by a well-known total war modder
  • A good adventure game that won't be finished for another year
    [*]A joke game made for youtubers

Make sure to vote for the right game everyone.

Hey now, Getsyburg surely isn't that dreadful!

Noaloha

I moved from UK to Sweden a while back and my Wallet is still in £s, when I need it to be Euros. After trying and failing to VPN/Proxy my way around it, I did the adult thing and contacted Steam Support, requesting they switch the default currency and, maybe, exchange my existing UK Wallet funds to a currency I can actually spend.

Question is: has anyone been through a similar process and know what Steam's response is? Any idea what their resolution time is for Support queries of this nature? It's been three days and, while I'm sitting here passive-impulsively refreshing my email, I suspect I need to just back off and give them a week or two to actually respond.

Is Blackguards any good? I'm looking for something like Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland 2. Yes I have Pillars of Eternity preordered.

Blackguards is excellent if you go into it for turn-based combat and character/party-building only. The story, setting and world is just a vehicle to shift your group from one punishing, varied hex-based battleground to the next. I really enjoyed it, knowing nothing about the pen&paper ruleset prior; there's a 'Help' section which, if you scroll down past the keybindings, goes into lots of useful detail about character builds and effective allocation of precious skill/attribute points.

Turfster

WarZ - sorry, "Infestation" - currently has 3345 players.
What the hell is wrong with people?

New Games Republic deals:
  • Sang Froid Tales of Werewolves 75% off
  • MotoGP 14 66% off
  • Cities in Motion 1 & 2 75% off
  • Kill the Bad Guy 50% off

I'm so upset right now. I'm currently playing through Dragon age awakening and I entered the mines at wending woods. be warned anyone whos not up to this part, UNEQUIP EVERYTHING BEFORE ENTERING THE MINE!! you can lose you're equipment forever if you don't cause bioware doesn't know how to fix bugs. I don't even have a save before entering the god damn mine -_- I'm just going to find some godly weapon mods and use that till the end.

Nabs

WarZ - sorry, "Infestation" - currently has 3345 players.
What the hell is wrong with people?

New Games Republic deals:
  • Sang Froid Tales of Werewolves 75% off
  • MotoGP 14 66% off
  • Cities in Motion 1 & 2 75% off
  • Kill the Bad Guy 50% off

People seem to like it after the patches.

autoduelist

I broke down and bought the Men of War complete set (mow, vietnam, assault) at the last second because I'm weak. All the reviews described it as hard and tactical and... yeah, I couldn't resist.

Which absolutely sucks because that was the money I was saving for Door Kickers. Grrr.

I like how Steam stripped me of my Pixel Piracy coupons that weren't supposed to expire till april the day before it goes on sale. Not that I wanted it anyway, but that is just weird. Even odder, I know they don't always do that since I stacked a Endless Space coupon during the fall sale.

I'm glad I kickstarted Wasteland 2 so I don't have to break down today.

Very happy this is the first day absolutely nothing is calling my name.

PS -- voted Gettysburg because it's the only game out of those I'd ever play.

dani_dc

I like how Steam stripped me of my Pixel Piracy coupons that weren't supposed to expire till april the day before it goes on sale. Not that I wanted it anyway, but that is just weird. Even odder, I know they don't always do that since I stacked a Endless Space coupon during the fall sale.

I still have my coupons, but they don't stack.

Man, all three upcoming Community Choice games are already in my library, and all three of them are awesome in their own way.

Most people are pretty familiar with Hatoful Boyfriend and KR0 already, but I'd also highly recommend Ultimate General: Gettysburg. I'm not a wargamer at all and I found it fantastic. The user interface is amazingly intuitive, making controlling the battle in real-time a snap. The graphic design is very cool, with a sort of tilt-shift-y "map on a table" sort of look. There are really cool AI options (controlling their level of risk-seeking, whether they are more offensive or defensive, etc), and the campaign is very cool in how it reacts to what's going on ("okay, you held A and B last battle, but lost C. In response, here are three objectives we could choose to focus on for the next battle. General X suggests option 1, but General Y suggests option 2. What do you want to do?"

So yeah, if you want to dip your toes into a real-time wargame, Ultimate General: Gettysburg is totally the game to do so.

Hrmm, I'm interested in Lethal League, Child of Light, and Lichdom.

I may have a 50% off Lichdom coupon from Lootcrate that could potentially make it $5. Other than that, Lethal League and Child of Light are a little more than I expected to pick them up at, considering how many other things I have to play.

If I thought my girlfriend would play Child of Light with me, I'd get that for sure, but the co-op is one of those weird ones where player 2 doesn't really get a legit character, right? She seems to be offended by those :p

Lethal League would be for local multiplayer I think. Unless GAF has a Lethal League night or something :p. It looks like it'd be $5 a piece if splitting a 4 pack...

Tizoc

Is anyone planning on making a 'Post Steam Sale Giveaway thread' or the like?
I have a bunch of games I bought just for making a giveaway and sadly I can't make a thread for my giveaway.

I do recall someone making such a thread months ago for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom