• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Damn, should have gone with Tales from the Borderlands, but figured it wouldn't come back after the daily =p

Speaking of which, it's currently price glitched on GMG... but it's a Telltale code, so eh.

I assume you can apply mods to steam games without steam 'correcting' them? I tried googling around but the first million links seem to be specific to skyrim, lol. Wait, I remember people talking about nude mods so mods must be easy... I assume just follow the normal mod install directions?
Yeah, basically.

If you're interested in Hashtag Dungeon, grab it here for 80% off and get a Steam key later on, since it's already greenlit

Bundlestars has Shadowrun Online 80% off

so i beat yaiba the other day and here is my opinion about it :

GOOD:

- nice presentation
- good combat
- doesnt take itselft too seriously

BAD:

- no jump button
- automatic platforming
- not enough different types of enemies
- gets a little repetitive after a while

i think the game is fun but is best to play it for 40 minutes max and then wait maybe a day to play it again

I started this game the other day and I'm not sure I'll have the motivation to finish it when there are better games around. I also love the silliness and the art style. The repetitive nature is what really kills it for me. The combat is surprisingly decent (though no Ninja Gaiden, of course), but I started getting tired of going through the routine with such boring enemies in such boring locations.

So...like Ocarina of Time, one of the most popular and critically acclaimed games of all time, then?

Lol. I didn't have a problem with the platforming. It was kind of pointless though.

autoduelist

Those features seem like gimmicks at best. I don't put too much value into them.

The DS4 speaker sounds like it should be a terrible gimmick... but in practice it's really quite awesome. I'm always sad when I need to play w/ headphones on and don't get it's effect (any controller audio gets put through to the headphones too, obviously). I fell in love right away with Resogun's use of it, but other games have found compelling uses for it as well. I never would have expected to love it.

Milamber

Lewd'd my NekoPara.

UQfDKsK.jpg

Dammit, if I insert my ecchi, the achievements don't work. But if I leave it vanilla they will work. I'm half tempted to just close my eyes and CTRL through the whole thing once, just to get the cheevies.

Lomax

Is there something wrong with me that I won't buy it, even price glitched, because it doesn't give a Steam key?

For me it's more a matter that the price glitch isn't any better than it will be eventually on Steam anyway. But if it was on Steam I certainly would have jumped on it. I almost wonder if the price is intentional and if it is some sort of experiment by Telltale.

So...like Ocarina of Time, one of the most popular and critically acclaimed games of all time, then?

Some games feel like they need a jump button, even if it is otherwise pointless. If a genre typically has a jump button, games without it seem off.

Tizoc

Dammit, if I insert my ecchi, the achievements don't work. But if I leave it vanilla they will work. I'm half tempted to just close my eyes and CTRL through the whole thing once, just to get the cheevies.

Yo Milamber.
Check this thread after the dailies change.
In the mean time i found something right up your alley if you haven't read it yet;
look up Wrestling the Underground, you're welcome <3

Phawx

My Let's Play of One Late Night: Deadline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccB1PFj989I

This game needs a ton of work but there is a definite kernel of a horror game in here. If the game wasn't tripping over itself, like triggering music at the same spot everytime or the janky "run" animation or not actually going fast when running or the weird exhaustion system or horrible framerate issues, it would actually be quite scary. I have to admit that I was pretty tense during the game and bracing myself for a jump scare, but eventually the game just became comedic.​

My Let's Play of Geometry Dash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGt75eAVSM

I was a big fan of The Impossible Game and when I initially saw Geometry Dash I thought it was just a cheap clone, but I have to say this game definitely proved me wrong. For all intents and purposes it is the the superior version and also includes a level editor and built in system to download player created levels with the ability to download music tracks with it. Recommended

Tizoc

Doujin fighter Dynamite Bomb is getting an English version from Playism. It's going to be around 9 bucks and there are more characters on the horizon to add to the original 8.

DynaBomb.jpg

Article:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/1...g-game-dynamite-bomb-getting-english-version/

What blows my mind is that a small team can bring this over, but we can't get current versions of heavy hitter anime-esque based fighters.

Any chance of a Steam release? I want to support Playism games, but a steam release would be cool too.

Hrmm. The system couldn't find my email address when trying to log in or reset password, and using my ID says they emailed me but I haven't received it.

I wonder if someone could have logged in and changed my email.

I've actually never even played a game on Origin and only signed up to get a free copy of Dragon Age some years ago.

Turfster

Oh shit, I just looked at the email associated with my Origin account, and I have like 2 full pages of it sending Security Codes. My account never got jacked, but it's clear someone was trying repeatedly.

Out of interest, did you ever do the Mexico/India thing?

swx

bundlestars key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (swx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-7149D275CD14FB86 - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.

t1419961836z1.png

xBladeM6x

Does it run any better than XIII does on your machine, out of curiosity?

Definitely. It's not great out of the box but if you just force 30 FPS, and play at a higher resolution in order to activate the boost clock on the card, it runs just fine, and looks really good. In XIII I had a stuttering every 10 secs, but that's not happening in this one, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom