• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - Thursday 8/6 at 1:00pm PT - NO BIG PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
And I’m starting to wonder why this is going on so long. We’d all like to think it’s some great Machiavellian game of chess being played between the two companies, but with the coronavirus not going anywhere, I’m more minded to think that the later we hear nothing, the more likely launch delays are going to be. I know they’ve both said Covid hasn’t delayed launch, but that was weeks ago, and the situation keeps changing all the time.

We might have to start thinking about a delay for Ps5 being a real possibility, if more weeks go by with no concrete information.
The fact that we haven't seen a game running on the Series X yet leads me to believe it's getting delayed.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

The fact that we haven't seen a game running on the Series X yet leads me to believe it's getting delayed.
This might work cause XSX looks to be in no shape to go toe to toe with PS5.
The spring would be wise as it gives them time to touch up stuff like Halo Inf and people will have that income tax money.
I want in this Fall/Dec but won't mind them delaying to make it a even better launch.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I do, but it’s an extremely silly idea, so not really giving it any thought.

Wheres your sense of adventure? Its not silly the way some of you talk around here like you're in the business and know whats actually happening. :messenger_beaming:

the only announcements I care about are GT7, Astro Playroom and RE8 and others for psvr on PS5

but getting my hype in check and expecting just the last batch of indies for PS4 VR

Good on them for setting expectations, but still..... BOOOOO! :messenger_pouting: We'll probably get some release dates on some PS5 games.

Edit: No BIG announcements... but what about MEDIUM size announcements?!?! :messenger_face_screaming: Hype is building :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Wheres your sense of adventure? Its not silly the way some of you talk around here like you're in the business and know whats actually happening. :messenger_beaming:

🙄 Speculating about a potential delay caused by coronavirus is hardly silly. You might have noticed it’s had quite an impact on the world.

What’s silly is dismissing the notion of a delay, despite all evidence that suggests it could be a possibility. And I’m far too old to play silly ban bets, especially on subjects neither you nor I can be sure about.

sircaw

Banned
Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
🙄 Speculating about a potential delay caused by coronavirus is hardly silly. You might have noticed it’s had quite an impact on the world.

What’s silly is dismissing the notion of a delay, despite all evidence that suggests it could be a possibility. And I’m far too old to play silly ban bets, especially on subjects neither you nor I can be sure about.

I didn't say that the Cronoa Virus causing a delay is silly. I said that the way some of you talk like you are in the business is silly. Very different things. And I was being playful hence the :messenger_beaming: . Nobody is dismissing it. i am simply saying I believe that the possibility is so low that id be willing to risk being able to post here for a month. (or however long)

All you had to say was you weren't interested and you don't believe your opinion strong enough to make a ban bet.

Abear21

Banned
If one company delayed I bet the other would follow.

Hopefully we get a, “We’re still on track for holiday release” amid all the self back patting about PS4.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is there any chance we see gameplay trailer for this!?
nier1.jpg

Even I just get this, I will be satisfied.

Think more remasters will be revealed Thursday?

I hope not. Now that BC will be more easily possible with enhancements on PS5 (even if that simply means better frame rate and resolution) I personally will NOT buy a single PS4 remaster on PS5. Especially not anywhere near full price. But not even for $20.

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of the time 'leakers' are just making vague statements that are very likely to be true. Like: 'Sony livestream first half of August!' as long as it's in August they have a 50% chance of being correct. Not to say people don't actually leak real stuff.
Unfortunately they still get the attention, people are so thirsty.
You gonna still see those fake insiders lurking in here making riddles & vague statements, they got community approval and yet didn't get 1 thing right.

Seems Sony and MS are hellbent on channeling Sega Saturn hype campaign for this next generstion.

That or their marketing departments are talking to the same dumb fucks handling the next Batman game. Speaking of which, I'm assuming said dumb fucks plan to finally properly reveal it on Thursday.

CeeJay

S0ULZB0URNE

so you are 2 scared to bet but keep talking?

sircaw

Banned
2018 called, they want their article back...

Stop living in the past...

Here is your direct quote sunshine

I think you are about 7 or 8 years late with this comment???

Well, it turns out, I am not. That article is only a couple of years old, I even gave you a couple of extra years as charity.

Would you like two scoops with that serving?

Have a good night. this is the last reply to your drivel.

Kimahri

Banned
I'm starting to get a bit pissed off. It's august and we don't know when the new consoles are out, or what they'll cost. What the hell is up with that? How about someone getting their finger out and settling on something? Yea yea yes, I know it's about money, but come on.

I'd like to know how much I have to pay. As soon as possible.

Previous gens we've know this stuff by may or june.

Isa

I understand its disappointing to some, but I'm interested to find out more on third party games. Not VR stuff, but mainly plenty of Jrpg stuff that either was announced years ago and disappeared or games we knew about or were rumored to come west and haven't had much if any footage yet. And some minor things could be really neat, its Dynasty Warriors 20th anniversary, maybe a new title going back to its roots is in the cards.

I could also see the usual GaaS stuff show up like R*'s online updates, Fortnite, Apex and presumably that Ubisoft title. I kind of expect to see CoD Cold War there, cross-gen. I know plenty of people who aren't on board next-gen until there are more reasons to make the investment(they have families and mortgages for example). Giving those consumers an update could satisfy that audience, again some of them won't shut up about the lack of Zombies and dislike of BR. I personally am hoping for updates on Japanese stuff releasing this year going into next. Like finally I'll get to play 13 Sentinels in September, Ys IX is next year, what about Persona 5 Scramble? There is quite a lot to talk about for that market. In fact as much as I'm hyped for PS5 I'm still going to be playing my PS4 for some time depending on what the BC entails.

Isa

I am happy about that, I was just wanting an official announcement with hopefully dates and details on pre-orders and a potential collector's edition. I was hoping for this year too, but I suspect it will hit next year like most sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom