• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - Thursday 8/6 at 1:00pm PT - NO BIG PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkam

From the PS Blog: " We’ll have a few PS5 game updates on third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase. "

Has there been speculation on which games we might to expect to be shown from the June event?

CamHostage

From the PS Blog: " We’ll have a few PS5 game updates on third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase. "

Has there been speculation on which games we might to expect to be shown from the June event?

Hmm, not sure. I would imagine big games that haven't been on a Sony show yet would be likely in the lineup. (It's a weird matter of how publishers are their own press now, but if somebody were just going by PS Blog, you would have seen almost nothing of Dirt 5 or the next Assassin's Creed, while Xbox gamers may be completely unaware of RE VIII or Pragmata) That list of possible cross-overs include...
  • DIRT 5,
  • AC Valhalla,
  • Destiny Beyond Light,
  • Bright Memory Infinite,
  • Chorvs,
  • Balan Wonder'wall,
  • Madden,
  • Scarlet Nexus,
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon,
  • Vampire TM Bloodline 2,
  • Outer Worlds DLC,
  • Dragon Quest X S
  • Psychonauts 2 ... that would be crazy if it was on there
Other Indies and 3rds from the June 11 show that they might check back in on include Bugsnax, Goodbye Volcano High, Jett: The Far Shore, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Little Devil Inside, Oddworld: Soulstorm, The Pathless , Stray, Solar ASh, Grand Theft Auto V / GTA O (ha!), Ghostwire: Tokyo Godfall (of course,) Project Athia (nope), NBA 2K21 (yep,) Hitman 3 , Deathloop, Resident Evil Village, and Pragmata. (It's kind of shocking BTW how many titles we forgot about being part of the showings at these Xbox and PlayStation events, we keep talking about like 3 or 4 key games but there was I believe over 20 titles each time.)

If they're doing PSVR, there may be some PS4/PS5 cross-platform VR as well, or maybe they'll show some of the PC titles like Lo-Fi that have also confirmed PS5 plans (but probably not?)

I am personally expecting a lot of known knowns, and am glad Sony tried to set expectations this time out, but there are a few titles in there I'd be glad to see more of if not a full developer playthrough, even though I am not making this a must-see scheduled appointment to catch it live.

Last edited:

Arkam

Hmm, not sure. I would imagine big games that haven't been on a Sony show yet would be likely in the lineup. (It's a weird matter of how publishers are their own press now, but if somebody were just going by PS Blog, you would have seen almost nothing of Dirt 5 or the next Assassin's Creed, while Xbox gamers may be completely unaware of RE VIII or Pragmata) That list of possible cross-overs include...
  • DIRT 5,
  • AC Valhalla,
  • Destiny Beyond Light,
  • Chorvs,
  • Balan Wonder'wall,
  • Madden,
  • Scarlet Nexus,
  • Outer Worlds DLC,
  • Dragon Quest X S
Other Indies and 3rds from the June 11 show that they might check back in on include Bugsnax, Goodbye Volcano High, Jett: The Far Shore, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Little Devil Inside, Oddworld: Soulstorm, The Pathless , Stray, Solar ASh, Grand Theft Auto V / GTA O (ha!), Ghostwire: Tokyo Godfall (of course,) Project Athia (nope), NBA 2K21 (yep,) Hitman 3 , Deathloop, Resident Evil Village, and Pragmata. (It's kind of shocking BTW how many titles we forgot about being part of the showings at these Xbox and PlayStation events, we keep talking about like 3 or 4 key games but there was I believe over 20 titles each time.)

If they're doing PSVR, there may be some PS4/PS5 cross-platform VR as well, or maybe they'll show some of the PC titles like Lo-Fi that have also confirmed PS5 plans (but probably not?)

I am personally expecting a lot of known knowns, and am glad Sony tried to set expectations this time out, but there are a few titles in there I'd be glad to see more of if not a full developer playthrough, even though I am not making this a must-see scheduled appointment to catch it live.

Good list! I would be very happy to see more about Kena, Little Devil Inside and OddWorld as they all looked fairly far along. More on Hitman, Returnal and Death Loop would also be welcomed.

Mentat02

Banned
This will probably be the first event Sony announces a PC release of one of their major AAA games. It is going to be a beautiful thing to behold.

Granblue_Fantasy_Relink_logo.png

project_re_fantasy.png

tenor.gif

Poor thing still believes in that vapourware

saintjules

My assumption are the smaller PS5 games that were shown during the June show. Some updates / extended footage.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Damn, why do we who are on the East Coast have to wait until so late in the day? 4PM EST, damn.

For companies, .. it's probably a good idea to wait until more of your audience is awake. Obviously, they don't care if they might be working or anything though.

Humdinger

• DIRT 5,
  • AC Valhalla,
  • Destiny Beyond Light,
  • Chorvs,
  • Balan Wonder'wall,
  • Madden,
  • Scarlet Nexus,
  • Outer Worlds DLC,
  • Dragon Quest X S

Thanks for listing those. I had been trying to remember the names of a couple indies that caught my attention but then slipped my mind. I think they were Little Devil Inside and Stray. Those ring a bell. Kena also, although I remembered that one.

I agree that we tend to focus just on a few big titles and forget all the little ones. I guess our brains can only hold so much.

Anyhow, those would be the 3 I'd hope to hear more about: Kena, Little Devil Inside, and Stray.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Thanks for listing those. I had been trying to remember the names of a couple indies that caught my attention but then slipped my mind. I think they were Little Devil Inside and Stray. Those ring a bell. Kena also, although I remembered that one.

I agree that we tend to focus just on a few big titles and forget all the little ones. I guess our brains can only hold so much.

Anyhow, those would be the 3 I'd hope to hear more about: Kena, Little Devil Inside, and Stray.

I'd add, Ghostwire, Solar Ash,and Deathloop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom