• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - Thursday 8/6 at 1:00pm PT - NO BIG PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
There are still quite a few significant PS4 titles yet to release, and lets be real here, if a company is doing an Xbox One version (which they'll need to do for Gamepass until they upgrade all the racks) then its a no-brainer to do a PS4 version also.

PS4 has got at least 12, most likely 18 months left of third-party support.

Kev Kev

fuck yeah gimme that psvr. played my first flat screen game in like 2 or 3 months earlier today (world war z... actually really fun!) and it was fuckin weeeeeiiiiirrrrrrrd..... took like 30 minutes to get used to it and i was still not feeling 100% comfortable by the end lol. nothing would make me happier than for most or all of the games i want to play to be psvr compatible. im hooked

CeeJay

Here is your direct quote sunshine

I think you are about 7 or 8 years late with this comment???

Well, it turns out, I am not. That article is only a couple of years old, I even gave you a couple of extra years as charity.

Would you like two scoops with that serving?

Have a good night. this is the last reply to your drivel.
I must have a time machine as I responded to your post before you posted it? I posted the 7 or 8 years comment in response to you talking about Xbox like its the back end of the 360 gen. Xbox's pledge to support the console a full 2 years into next gen is the total opposite of what you attempted to imply. There's no need to be upset about it.

I must have a time machine as I responded to your post before you posted it? I posted the 7 or 8 years comment in response to you talking about Xbox like its the back end of the 360 gen. Xbox's pledge to support the console a full 2 years into next gen is the total opposite of what you attempted to imply. There's no need to be upset about it.

They pledged that all Xbox Game Studio games will be cross gen for at least 2 years into next gen. Turned out to be BS

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
What is the point in having a SoP not about the PS5?

-Stop asking us about when is the PS5 event. We are busy pretending there is a demand for more PS4 games news but we’re actually waiting for Microsoft to announce the price of the console first.

Basically.

hemo memo

Gold Member
There are still quite a few significant PS4 titles yet to release, and lets be real here, if a company is doing an Xbox One version (which they'll need to do for Gamepass until they upgrade all the racks) then its a no-brainer to do a PS4 version also.

PS4 has got at least 12, most likely 18 months left of third-party support.

That you can play on PS5 if Sony actually announced pre-orders so you can get one.

FunkMiller

-Stop asking us about when is the PS5 event. We are busy pretending there is a demand for more PS4 games news but we’re actually waiting for Microsoft to announce the price of the console first.

Basically.

Yup. Neither of them wants to pull the trigger on price, as they know there’s a massive financial collapse coming, and most people will choose the cheaper option.

PlayVerso

I find it regrettable that in august we still do not know the price of the PS5, its launch catalog, or the news in software and new online services. 🤷‍♂️

jonnyp

That they’ve supported for 7 years instead of the new console that will be released in 3 month?

Yes? It's their money maker. People getting so hyped about a SOP is their own fault.

They had a PS5 games showcase in June. I'm sure there will be more events before launch. Wait for specific PS5 announcements instead of falling for hype trains.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

No, I’m a fully grown adult who’s speculating about a console launch.
By trolling oops I meant going off topic and pulling something out of your ass like Sony who has all the momentum in the world with it's PS5. Delaying it? lol is this a joke account you are on?

saintjules

Yup. Neither of them wants to pull the trigger on price, as they know there’s a massive financial collapse coming, and most people will choose the cheaper option.

Good point. I didn't think that part of it where people will choose the cheaper option despite the platform.

Interesting if there's people that would get one over the other just based on the price and not based on the delivery of certain games.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Oh really?"Most" People will choose the cheaper option which is likely the XSX S. You are on a roll today!

replicant-

Because they have a console out right now called PS4?

Its odd considering we are now approx. 3 months from launch and we have no price, no launch titles, no date.

It is a safe bet the majority who tune into a SoP, aka not casuals, are wanting to hear about the PS5 and see gameplay.

Zoro7

Banned
Come on Sony ffs. Don't understand this waiting game. We all know Xbox is going to undercut the PS5 and they throw this whole more powerful better value angle. Just fucking announce the price and open preorders.

FunkMiller

By trolling oops I meant going off topic and pulling something out of your ass like Sony who has all the momentum in the world with it's PS5. Delaying it? lol is this a joke account you are on?

I’m speculating that both consoles could be delayed due to covid. And you’re an idiot who’s now on ignore.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They pledged that all Xbox Game Studio games will be cross gen for at least 2 years into next gen. Turned out to be BS

Not strictly true, it's just that the games they showed that said "PC and XSX" aren't nearly ready, so they don't actually know which ones will be coming out in that 2 year window. I would expect Forza at least to get a 2021 release and also be on X1. Fable abso-fucking-lutely won't be. Either way, it ain't good.

AceofJakes

Looking forward to some deeper looks at destruction all-stars, bugsnax and little devil! If there's extra on top of that sounds good!!

Temper your expectations.
Be ready for people angry because was not any big PS5 announcement, because you know read is overrated this days.
giphy.gif

splattered

What happens if at the end of the show they surprise announce the PS5 "available now!" ... but without doing a tech deep dive first? Do you buy it without seeing the guts and ports and other things you may be curious about?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That you can play on PS5 if Sony actually announced pre-orders so you can get one.

Do you honestly think there's any advantage to be had for Sony to move first? Or more importantly anything to gain from minimizing PS4 software which is likely to sell in larger volumes this holiday season than PS5 and XSX titles combined?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, I am getting a bit annoyed that Nier Reincarnation seems to get all the news lately.
Yes, because not only its Japanese mobile game so expect to take loooooong time to get released here but I also have to upgrade my old phone to even able run this game without overheating and running the battery dry. I really wish Reincarnation was Switch game, the visually looks good and story interesting and OST sounds godly.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yes, because not only its Japanese mobile game so expect to take loooooong time to get released here but I also have to upgrade my old phone to even able run this game without overheating and running the battery dry. I really wish Reincarnation was Switch game, the visually looks good and story interesting and OST sounds godly.

People are sleeping on Babylon's Fall also. Which I'm pretty confident is Yoko's main project while he's just consulting on the other Nier franchise titles.

the_master

Riiight, thats why :/ Why not just put out the price and get them pre orders ready then? They're scared shitless of MS undercutting them and bringing out Lockhart on top of having superior BC features.
Exactly, they now don't have a reason to take the initiative because they have the upper hand. It is a game of chicken for both of them

DinoD

Focus on PS4 & PSVR! 3 months before the release of your new console? I guess most of the games will still be playable on PS5. Perhaps they will announce new version of PS4 :), or small PS5 (Sony's Lockhart)

Rudius

fuck yeah gimme that psvr. played my first flat screen game in like 2 or 3 months earlier today (world war z... actually really fun!) and it was fuckin weeeeeiiiiirrrrrrrd..... took like 30 minutes to get used to it and i was still not feeling 100% comfortable by the end lol. nothing would make me happier than for most or all of the games i want to play to be psvr compatible. im hooked
Same sentiment here. I only play the very best games in flat, and still all the time I keep wishing they were in VR.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Clear Clear Dont you dare play with my heart, if I find out this is a lie or joke I swear to god....

R9MwQjI.gif

I'm not saying its a fact, but its a SE backed Platinum game, produced by Saito, with no director (creator or otherwise) named.

The presentation of the initial reveal shows some remarkable similarity to Yoko's past works, most notably Drakengard 3 has scenes that are very reminiscent.

For instance here's the original 2018 reveal trailer for Babylon's Fall, and here's the intro cinematic for Drakengard 3... I dunno the animated map stuff seems very reminscent. And who else builds around such detailed timelines for background setting?

And of course more recently there's the 2019 teaser with actual footage, which looks kinda Yoko-ish to me style wise; colour palette and overall dust-colored "look" check, grandiose gothic architecture which looks kinda similar to that in Nier Re[IN]carnation...

I could be wrong... but if its not Yoko, its someone trying real hard to look like him. And lets face it, what else can he have been doing post the brealout success of Automata. Overseeing a mobile game and a remaster? That's it?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm not saying its a fact, but its a SE backed Platinum game, produced by Saito, with no director (creator or otherwise) named.

The presentation of the initial reveal shows some remarkable similarity to Yoko's past works, most notably Drakengard 3 has scenes that are very reminiscent.

For instance here's the original 2018 reveal trailer for Babylon's Fall, and here's the intro cinematic for Drakengard 3... I dunno the animated map stuff seems very reminscent. And who else builds around such detailed timelines for background setting?

And of course more recently there's the 2019 teaser with actual footage, which looks kinda Yoko-ish to me style wise; colour palette and overall dust-colored "look" check, grandiose gothic architecture which looks kinda similar to that in Nier Re[IN]carnation...

I could be wrong... but if its not Yoko, its someone trying real hard to look like him. And lets face it, what else can he have been doing post the brealout success of Automata. Overseeing a mobile game and a remaster? That's it?
Sorry, sorry....its sensitive subject for me and I got little emotional.
giphy.gif

The fact that we haven't seen a game running on the Series X yet leads me to believe it's getting delayed.
Didn't they already said that they were producing them?

Assuming that it's a hardware issue they would have to make changes to the systems that are already produced. That could cause a pretty substantial delay and the competition seems to be on track with their launch.

I don't believe Microsoft will delay the Series X unless the competition delays their system as well.

P.S By hardware issues I mean all those rumors about the I/O having problems. I personally don't believe Microsoft is having any issues but it's unusual that they didn't have alot of software running on the X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom