• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starship Troopers: Extermination - Official Gameplay Teaser

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Starship Troopers Parody GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
How does this look awesome and terrible at the same time?

It's made by the squad devs, which essentially made there own version of Operation Flashpoints multiplayer with there modern day twist.

The thing is, you can see they are using the same mechanics they already have refines in squad just now against AI and within a known IP.

Honestly they know what they are doing, it will be a little bit jank like squad but it gets the job done.

Looks like a good concept gameplay wise but I’m not sure I’m down with shooting the same bug for that length of time. I hope there’s some enemy variety at least.

Pejo

Larry David Reaction GIF

Regardless, it's Co-Op so that will automatically mean that it's fun if you have a few friends to play with.

Now to convince my friends that it's worth a purchase to begin with....

H4ze

Alright I'm in, no doubt. I am a huge sucker for coop-pve and Starship Troopers is one of my goat movies, second most watched movie for me.

Do you want to live forever?

YuLY

I hate to be that guy, but Christ on a bike that looks dated. Well elements of that footage did imo.☹️
Yep, looks trash, like it was made by a 3man indie team who were fans of the 2005 FPS. I cant possibly see how this has any chance in the current multiplayer environment with so many established IPs. Dead on arrival imo.

I'm honestly not a fan that they added iron sights to the Morita rifle. Hip firing and firing over the bore is part of why the movie is so silly.

Shut0wen

Whatever happened to the statedgy game that was meant to come out? Sure it was veing made by those that made the dune rts

Any good? Best times i had in Starcraft was playing Starship Troopers maps.

So long as you go in with the mindset of it being a good game instead of great then you can have some fun with it, the likes of CDKeys have it at a decent price these days to sweeten the deal. Devs still updating it too as they're currently looking at opening up custom maps via Steam Workshop.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Starship Troopers: Extermination launches into Early Access today!

A co-op FPS with 16-player PvE combat that drops you, a Deep Space Vanguard, into battle on the far front lines against the Bug Menace!

Choose from three different Trooper classes, build and defend your base, gather resources, complete objectives, and try to kill every Bug in sight!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet the New Vanguard! Starship Troopers: Extermination update 0.7 is here.

Take the fight to Bugs with six new character classes, each bringing a new arsenal into the fray.

Starship Troopers: Extermination is a 16-player co-op FPS featuring intense PvE combat, dropping you into battle on the far front lines against the Bug Menace!

Choose your Trooper class and your weapon loadout, build and defend your base, gather resources, complete objectives, and kill every Bug in sight!

I haven't played either, but since Starship Troopers is a Sony IP; i think at least, Tristar??, having a Starship Trooper skin and a few bugs in Helldivers might make sense, and in reverse Helldivers and some of their bugs in this game? I assume Starship would have to gain more from it than Helldivers now, but if both is Sony stuff, why not. Judging from the video it does not look that different to me anyway, and would just be a little mostly cosmetic fun.

Man, it has been a hot minute since I've seen anything about this game. Can't really blame it after the successful launch of Helldivers 2. I love Starship Trooper but I don't know how well the game is doing.
What I can't believe is how they are essentially the same game, that this came out first, is a known IP and went completely under the radar while Helldivers blew up.

Top Bottom