• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Announced - Coming in 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

[Sigma]

This gives me Lost Planet vibes. Never played the first one. Hope you are not only fighting 'bugs'
Well the first game had an illuminate race and Cyborg race. If the Cyborg return and are anything like they're in the first game, oh man lol. Especially on the higher difficulty planets.

Last edited:
I guess I'm one of the only people who is irritated that they changed it from a top down (not sure what it's called, Diablo camera angle?) title into a...

THIRD PERSON SHOOTER
I prefer the first from isometric view.

This just looks like a generic TPS now. I wish them luck.
If the gameplay is the same or very similar, why would pulling the camera down to ground-level make it suddenly a deal breaker?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If the gameplay is the same or very similar, why would pulling the camera down to ground-level make it suddenly a deal breaker?
The gameplay can’t be the same once you do this big of a dramatic shift.

I wish them luck but nothing about this got me remotely hyped.

gothmog

Gold Member
I just hope they either early release it or do some open beta weekends. Like this would be a perfect game to blow off some steam between Zelda, Diablo, and FF sessions this summer.

supernova8

Banned
The gameplay can’t be the same once you do this big of a dramatic shift.

I wish them luck but nothing about this got me remotely hyped.
Exactly it can't be the same because they've essentially changed the genre.

Plus, OK fine they changed it to a TPS, but it looks like a minimal graphical upgrade over the original fucking Destiny (you know the game came out almost 10 years ago..?)

Besides, it's not like it's an open world game or some sort of MMO with complex systems. It's going to be enclosed maps with a bunch of enemies so surely they could have gone way further with the visuals. Plus it's not even coming to PS4 so what gives?

If you're going to ruin what makes Helldivers ... Helldivers... at least give us some eyecandy, Jesus Christ.

I guess I'm one of the only people who is irritated that they changed it from a top down
I am totally not against it, from all the games this looked best for me, translated pretty much everything from the first one into the new view, but since we also don't get another xyz-nation or Resogun from Housemarque (or will we?) someone needs to fill that gap. Activision also won't do another Geometry Wars. When are the Indies stepping in? Doing some actual smaller scope Indie game?

Shifty1897

I loved Helldivers one. One of the best couch co op games out there. Some thoughts:
- Switch to 3rd person is interesting. Inherently makes friendly fire less of an issue, which was a huge part of the first game, BUT now you can't see what's going on behind you. So the team communication aspect has gone from coordinating actions to avoid friendly fire to coordinating watching each others back for ambushes and establishing a moving defensive parameter while completing objectives. We'll see if that change is a net positive.
- Now that I think about it, In a lot of ways, Helldivers 1 was the first extraction shooter.
- New graphics are stunning
- Day One

X-Wing

On the beginning of the trailer it's written that camera angles were changed for trailer purposes. So I wonder if it will be third-person or isometric when it releases.

On the beginning of the trailer it's written that camera angles were changed for trailer purposes. So I wonder if it will be third-person or isometric when it releases.
Could be interesting if you could switch. Classic view for original fans, that hate change, and the trailer view is for new people, or going back and forth depending and what your current task is. But as said before, gameplay, coop and also solo, is automatically different if you don't see behind you, so might feel like a hack job if it tries to do both.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
The new camera angle and updated graphics makes it look like Arrowhead is now positioning themselves as a larger studio capable of doing AA or AAA games.

While I did like the original game, I think this one can still be great but will cater to a wider audience. I hope the game strives.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Slightly let down by this extended look. Still need to see how vital teamplay and strategy are in the final release. Oh and FFS February 2024?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom