• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Talos Principle 2 Announced - Coming in 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

skit_data

I have zero idea what genre this or the previous installment belong to but the trailer was pretty kewl so I’ll keep an eye on it

Last edited:
The star of the show.

I have zero idea what genre this or the previous installment belong to but the trailer was pretty kewl so I’ll keep an eye on it
This is a 3D environnemental puzzle game with very compelling / interesting philosophical themes and nice story. You should play the first game + DLC which is now available on most platforms. It is a phenomenal game. This is the kind of game that people will still play and love in 50 years.

skit_data

It's a puzzle game with a narrative inspired in philosophy.
And the original is one of the best games ever made.

The star of the show.

This is a 3D environnemental puzzle game with very compelling / interesting philosophical themes and nice story. You should play the first game + DLC which is now available on most platforms. It is a phenomenal game. This is the kind of game that people will still play and love in 50 years.
Sounds very interesting! Gotta check out the first game as well

Imho they did not present it well, or actually practically not at all. If the gameplay is anything like in the first one they did not show any of it. The trailer was built on the imho pretentios af story and world that was imho not really interesting in the first one.
The trailer could have been any genre RPG, Action, Survival (or a Serious Sam spin off which it sort of is) but the first was just a fine puzzle game and this will probably be again one.
Defintiely should check the first one out though, you might like its story more than I did. (Or also Turing Test.)

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Just finished the first one. While the philosophy discussion and the ost were top notches, the puzzles I hated. Almost all of them were more tiresome than hard, and the ones that looked challenging were just misleading and also had simplistic solutions, most of the time involving secret mechanic that the game had no intention of teaching. The Tetris puzzles were the actual challenges.

But ok, give me more ERA ost at least. Those were the best.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Easily the most excited reaction I had during the Playstation showcase., and I haven't even finished the first one. I loved it but got frustrated after a while. I'll definitely go back and persevere, and beat it.

Last edited:
Just finished the first one. While the philosophy discussion and the ost were top notches, the puzzles I hated. Almost all of them were more tiresome than hard, and the ones that looked challenging were just misleading and also had simplistic solutions, most of the time involving secret mechanic that the game had no intention of teaching. The Tetris puzzles were the actual challenges.

But ok, give me more ERA ost at least. Those were the best.
How the hell do you think people were able to finish games like Zelda on NES when those released? By trials and errors. Play any modern AAA games if you want the solution to be given to you on a platter.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

I hope the original writing team is back for this, or a team with equal writing skills anyway. The logs, blogs and chats were probably the best part of the experience for me, and I am not someone who generally prefers much reading in the games I play.

Also original and DLC had some bullshit puzzles, especially the "bonus" ones.

Music, (most) maps and easter eggs were all cool.

Dr.Morris79

Looking forward to this! Cant believe how long the 1st took to go on sale over on the Xbox store, but it was worth full price regardless.

A safe day day 1 from me.

Wildebeest

If anyone is sleeping on the Road To Gehenna DLC it is really substantial and has some harder puzzles. It tells the story differently, but has plenty there to explore. Highly recommended.

ZoukGalaxy

hype train GIF
Animated GIF

Top Bottom