• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - 1 hour of Xbox/PC Gameplay

faisalasif

I got a chance to play Starfield almost 1 week early . I played for around 10 hours on the Xbox Series X and around 4 to 5 hours on the PC. I must say the performance is solid on both. So far I'm loving the game.

Starfield is a massive sci-fi RPG that offers a brand new gaming universe to explore that’s larger, more complex, and more detailed than anything Bethesda Game Studios has previously done. You can create
any character you want and explore with total freedom.

Starfield (Xbox Series X) 4K Gameplay - (Xbox Version)

Starfield (PC) 4K 60FPS Gameplay - (RTX 4090) (Max settings)

Last edited:

sendit

lewd funny sex GIF

Animated GIF

darrylgorn

Seems like playing this game at 4K is a bit pointless. Runs pretty consistently on all platforms, which is great.

First impression of both:

When I see the PC version, it feels like I'm looking at something on par with Death Stranding(decima engine) graphically. Death Stranding was a good looking game imo.

When I see the Xbox Series X version, I feel like I'm looking at a Bethesda game that looks better than Fallout 4.

Phase

You're on a gaming enthusiast site and you have to state "Starfield is a massive sci-fi RPG that offers a brand new gaming universe to explore that’s larger, more complex, and more detailed than anything Bethesda Game Studios has previously done. You can create any character you want and explore with total freedom."

We'd just have no clue what Starfield was if nobody explained it in this way. It's not subtle. It's vapid and no-effort promotional material. This site is just full of shills now, and it really sucks.

GymWolf

What difficulty mode did you chose for the pc gameplay?

Please tell me you are on normal or lower.

Last edited:

Kacho

You're on a gaming enthusiast site and you have to state "Starfield is a massive sci-fi RPG that offers a brand new gaming universe to explore that’s larger, more complex, and more detailed than anything Bethesda Game Studios has previously done. You can create any character you want and explore with total freedom."

We'd just have no clue what Starfield was if nobody explained it in this way. It's not subtle. It's vapid and no-effort promotional material. This site is just full of shills now, and it really sucks.
You should check out his other threads. Total bangers much like this one.

Wow that PC footage is looking gorgeous. Really nice graphics for a game of this size.

Mods are going to make it even more beautiful to look at and play.

Unlocks for me in 6 hours. I wanna be a space Jesus. Can't wait 😎

giddy-grin.gif

Last edited:

simpatico

I hope you can turn off the CoD HUD +5XP! That enemy AI in the first gunfight was bad. FEAR released early in the PS3 era and it runs on hardware equivalent to the SoC inside of an Airpod. If Todd would have called Monolith I bet they would have answered.

MGHA

I hope you can turn off the CoD HUD +5XP! That enemy AI in the first gunfight was bad. FEAR released early in the PS3 era and it runs on hardware equivalent to the SoC inside of an Airpod. If Todd would have called Monolith I bet they would have answered.
Im sure you can.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
All the loading screens and mini cut scenes make me not crave this at all. Planet traversal seems rather dull, No Mans Sky made that an event.

They have to fade to black entering the spaceship… :(

GymWolf

Yeah that's what I worried about. I probably would have preferred being bum rushed like the older games
Kinda yeah, they thought that making the enemies more cautious would make the ia better but it only make them more passive and prone to be sniped one after one when they are "in cover".

And from what i watched you are never like 20 enemies at once, more like 5-6 tops.

They still have melee attackers class, but the dudes with the guns don't know what to do most of the times, hopefully it's just the video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom