• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Squadrons Launches October 2nd on PC, PS4, XB - Full Cross-Play & VR Support on PC

ManaByte

According to the leaked press release, Star Wars Squadrons will release on October 2nd. Not only that, but the game will come out on all three major digital stores (Steam, Origin and Epic Games Store).

Star Wars Squadrons will be a first-person space dogfighting game set after the events of Return of the Jedi. The game is developed by Motive Studios and will include both single-player and multi-player campaigns. Furthermore, the game will support cross-play between PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Electronic Arts has also confirmed that the PC version will support VR from the get-go.

Reveal trailer is in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Trailer looked great. Very safe though. We need to see gameplay, and I imagine we will see a deep-dive this Thursday.

What's this rumor that it's $39.99 at launch? Any validity to that?

giphy.gif

Romulus

Where does it say VR for PS4? That would sell it to me. Otherwise, I’m a no.

Yes, its confirmed. But Iron Man should have already done that. lol

Anyway this looks good, and I'm wondering how this will be. Can VR players fly against non vr players? Is that the meaning of cross play? I don't think that's fair for non VR players if so.

Last edited:

royox

SW Squadrons: 5vs5 battles.
SW Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault: 12 vs 12 battles +40 AI.

The "Simulator" part has to be SO FUCKING GOOD to sacrifice so much stuff.

I expect a 1st Person camera from the cockpit and resource management as in Xwing vs TieFighter otherwise that makes no sense.

dottme

My hype was quickly going done with the leaks. This looks nothing that I want. I wanted a follow up to Rogue Squadron/Rogue Leader. :(

Gp1

Energy management - check (in the trailer)
Simcade style - check
Non aggressive lootbox - check

Ea Star Wars (launch title) redemption???

Fidelity of this is probably going to be crazy in VR on the PS5. Should be able to max the headset resolution and also have great visual details. I just hope the actual game is good.

5v5 is fucking dumb though considering Xwing vs TIE Fighter had 8 players on 56k.

Neo Blaster

Read the text on the "Stay on target" image in the OP. It says VR support is for both PS4 and PC.

Exciting to see VR gaining traction!
A paragraph below says it will get PC VR support from the get-go. Wonder if that means PSVR will be added after launch.

Romulus

I just texted a friend of mine that played the Battlefront VR demo that's 25min long. He's a huge Rogue Squadron fan and told me if they ever make anything remotely similar to the demo he played, but longer, he's getting VR on the spot. He still talks about it.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the trailer and I’m down for some good old fashioned X-wing/Tie Fighter fun! VR is a nice added bonus as the Xwing “demo” that was packed in with Battlefront was very well done.

Last edited:

Romulus

One thing for PS4 Pro VR owners. If you played the Battlefront VR mission, that never got a Pro patch like I imagine this will.

skneogaf

I need information about this game supporting thrustmaster hotas warthog? I will upgrade my driving simulator to a flight simulator for this and ace combat 7.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Real shame it's not trying to be like X-Wing & TIE Fighter games (even that fabled series faltered when it went PVP focused with X-Wing vs TIE Fighter) with a focus on varied campaigns and missions. PVP dogfighting gets old fast if they don't do something in depth & strategic like Allegiance.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
man... No story mode?
There is story mode from both sides POV but word was the focus is the PVP so I don't imagine it will be too in depth. Which sounds crap since a 5 v 5 PVP also doesn't sound very in depth. Hope it's not just a quick cash in while they still have the SW license.

Romulus

Some extra info

Campaign features customizable characters and you play as both Rebels and Empire during the campaign.

There is also another mode that is coop, but not many details on it.

levyjl1988

Banned
Some extra info

Campaign features customizable characters and you play as both Rebels and Empire during the campaign.

There is also another mode that is coop, but not many details on it.

If there is character customization then I'm interested, if it launched without it and I have to play as these ugly characters, no thanks. I wish they would have continued updates for Battlefield 2 however, it doesn't feel complete as there are missing heroes like Padme and QuiGonJin, I really wanted to create some epic battles from the movies. Color me disappointed.

BlackTron

Battlefront 2 StarFighter assault can scratch that itch.

I only played the first Battlefront. I never touched 2 and just kind of wrote it off completely.

Is it really worth playing? Did they fix it since the abysmal launch and bad PR?

Top Bottom