• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic Remake Revealed

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Don't make a star wars game exclusive FFS...
PS5/PC at launch, most likely a few month later on Xbox.

star-wars-kotor-remake-PC-confirmation.jpg

Zannegan

Maaaaan. I was all excited for gameplay. If they're still at the voiceover + CG character stage, what do we figure? Late 2023? 2024?

Love the original, so I'm excited to have the remake confirmed. I just thought it'd be in a showable state.

Roufianos

So definitely coming to Xbox and Switch then. Timed exclusive on an ancient game is such a weird deal to chase, but I guess they needed something /shrug

I’ll watch with interest to see how it turns out I guess, but not a fan of remakes in general…
It might be a remake but it's built from the ground up to take advantage of PS5 and PC. Zero chance it comes to Switch unless Nintendo have significantly upgraded the hardware by then.

Last edited:

fezgoeshard

Neo Member
At the very least this one was unexpected, curious to see what they come up with here.

Am I the only one who was surprised by Aspyr handling this? Like, the old Mac port guys are handling this huge project? Guess I'm out of the loop!

Chiggs

I want to be excited, but Aspyr? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well, I guess they have experience porting, but BluePoint they're not, that's for goddamn sure.

BlackTron

I really enjoyed the original game but I would rather they develop a new Star Wars RPG.

As for Aspyr, I know they ported Star Wars: Republic Commando to the PS4 and Switch and also added lots of achievements to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II for the PC.

Last edited:
Star Wars: Hunters will have no human males and only poorly designed lesbians in the character roster. There is only a male pig-like Ugnaught (gee, tell us how you really feel). Guys, when you see fuchsia in any game title, it's a big heads-up it's going to be alt-world.

So has Aspyer shown any indication that they know how to build a game from the ground up? Not shitting on port houses, but KOTOR without 3.5ed D20 running under the hood is a Resident Evil 2 level overhaul.

Dr Bass

Well that sure is a relief.

I must have jumbled it up in my head with Uncharted remaster... which IS a remaster, right?
Well that one looked like it. I don't think they are going to remake those games given how recent they and how they look. If it was a remaster they almost surely would have shown something. Up-res it, new textures, call it a day. And like I mentioned it's in the title.

Sounds like a remake to me!

Sensei

Never had the chance to play the original so I'm pretty curious about this one.
I don't know Aspyr's track record but I just hope they don't rush it.

Larxia

I know I'm going to make ennemies by saying this, but I really can't imagine a modern remake with the original gameplay, it really needs to be changed.

I played Kotor for the first time a year ago, and the gameplay is absolutely awful. It's not even a matter of being turn based / slow or something, it's just completely pointless and empty. You basically never play or do anything, there's some kind of dice system going on in the background, inherited from tabletop games, but you don't even see it and it doesn't make any sense in the game, you have no involvement in that at all and you just... wait for the combat to be over. It's really the most passive combat system I ever played I think, literally just feel like a waiting time.

The characters and story are good, but the gameplay... ugh.

Iced Arcade

Not surprised Aspyr last one (star wars Republic commando) came out this year for just PS (and switch) and they didn't release it on Xbox because it's already on Xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom