• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars KOTOR Remake still alive, Jason Schreier says

Draugoth

Gold Member
kotor-remake-header-1.webp

Source
Schrödinger’s Knights of the Old Republic

The Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake is still being worked on by Saber Interactive according to Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier, who based this on statements from two people at the development studio.

He also posted a comment on a ResetEra thread discussing Grubb’s statement:

“‘Is it alive?’ and ‘Will it ever actually come out?’ are two very different questions. A third is ‘If it does ever come out, what will it actually look like?’ That said, I've talked to two people at Saber who both say they're still currently working on it, so I don't believe that the comment that it isn't being worked on ‘in any way’ right now is true.”

MiguelItUp

At this point I don't even care anymore, whatever happens, happens. It's an annoying rollercoaster at this point already, lol.

MiguelItUp

That's the problem with listening to every random person whose uncle works somewhere. Wait for an official announcement.
Couldn't agree more! I still feel bad about folks constantly getting excited about random posts with no creditable source, lol.

TexMex

Would love to see Grubb address this shitshow of his making. He was so confidently said it was not being work on.

Seriously, it isn’t even the first time. Remember the Wind Waker shit show last year? Was so bad Giant Bomb even did a half apology.

He’s such a loud, boisterous moron. I don’t like Jason either, but at least he’s accurate. This guy is such a dope, wish people would quit taking him seriously.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dunno given the discourse over Kotor 2 and how devs lied to gamers about the Restoration Mod content I wouldn't be surprised if Kotor in any form has suffered irreparable damage.

It's bad enough that SWTOR pretty much invalidates much of Kotor 1 and 2 anyway.

Red5

I dunno given the discourse over Kotor 2 and how devs lied to gamers about the Restoration Mod content I wouldn't be surprised if Kotor in any form has suffered irreparable damage.

It's bad enough that SWTOR pretty much invalidates much of Kotor 1 and 2 anyway.

SWTOR is now legends, non canon, KOTOR is considered canon.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
SWTOR is now legends, non canon, KOTOR is considered canon.
Doubt it. Jedi Knight storyline is essentially Kotor 3. Always has been.

Besides ever since Star Wars EU was considered non-canon when it's the more interesting continuity I'll be sticking with that.

Eternal Empire and Valkorion was pretty good though.

Red5

Doubt it. Jedi Knight storyline is essentially Kotor 3. Always has been.

Besides ever since Star Wars EU was considered non-canon when it's the more interesting continuity I'll be sticking with that.

Eternal Empire and Valkorion was pretty good though.

Doubt what tho? SWTOR isn't considered canon by Disney or LucasArts, it's filed under Legends. KOTOR and Revan are canon tho.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Doubt what tho? SWTOR isn't considered canon by Disney or LucasArts, it's filed under Legends. KOTOR and Revan are canon tho.
Disney/Lucasarts is noncanon and Legends is canon from my point of view. Fanbase has long been divided on that. I'd consider the two different continuities a timeline split.

Bkdk

EA should just shut down the BioWare now and just have a new studio dedicated to remake all best of BioWare past titles with aaa budget, seems like a much safer bet that they could at least make the money back and some.

Ronin_7

Banned
Saber lads are top tier developers but if Sony isn't funding this anymore I fear for this project since Embracer is broke.

Gp1

I see...

First news "rumor: Kotor is cancelled"

Second news "nah just kidding"

Buzz created

No, KOTOR is not canon. Revan has been mentioned in the Disney Canon probably because they eventually want to make a KOTOR movie or maybe just like an Easter Egg but KOTOR itself is Legends.

The remake that was being planned was probably going to be added to canon so if it is still being made it will become part of that.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

At this point, does anyone care about this? Does anyone have any confidence in this?

I guess if they can knock it out of the park it will be a great surprise.

Top Bottom