• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spoiler-Free E3 2015 Press Conference Thread

murgo

Thanks OP. Since my most anticipated conferences take place in the middle of the night this is extremely helpful.

This was a great thread last year and the google docs document was proven very useful!
Thanks to E3 being one week later than usual I'm able to view most of the conferences live, though I wont stay up to 03:00 to see Bethesda's conference, that will have to wait until the morning. So will definitely tune in here on Monday morning, which will be one hell of a day with 5 conferences!

JackEtc

I'm leaving for a cruise tomorrow and will be completely off the grid until the 21st. Can't believe I'm missing E3, but this thread will be a lifesaver.

Volotaire

Updated the Twitch archive, but I won't be doing a Nintendo archive of it, because it is slightly pointless and is not up yet (I'm not sure if they will archive it on their website).

kulapik

Hey, there's a way to link youtube videos with no spoilers. If you take out the watch?= out of the url, and leave only the alphanumerical code and the v between slashes, something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/v/WWM-SCjIuNg

the player will be shown at full screen, the only possible spoiler being the thumbnail.

Volotaire

Hey, there's a way to link youtube videos with no spoilers. If you take out the watch?= out of the url, and leave only the alphanumerical code and the v between slashes, something like this:

https://wwIuNg

the player will be shown at full screen, the only possible spoiler being the thumbnail.

Thanks! Will edit accordingly.

EDIT: Provided 2 YouTuve Links. Because of possible spoilers on the thumbnail, I have provided the direct full screen link and the normal link. Will do this for every conference/. Chnaged Google Doc too.

Vexidus

Excellent thread, I will be coming back to only this one until I've seen all the conf videos. But if the forum is down, then I know The Last Guardian hit.

Volotaire

Excellent thread, I will be coming back to only this one until I've seen all the conf videos. But if the forum is down, then I know The Last Guardian hit.

Save the link to the google doc in the the OP in case the forum goes down. I'll be updating links there too!

Just checked out the google document for smash and damn you really nailed it, thank you so much for setting this up OP! Will use this for both Bethesda and Microsoft this year.

kulapik

By the way, the Super Best Friends won't upload the SBF Watches to Youtube, only to their site. So there's a high chance there won't be spoilers at all.

RiggyRob

https://www.youtube.com/v/WWM-SCjIuNg

If you add ?&autoplay=1 to end of the url it should autoplay the video and not show the thumbnail spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/v/WWM-SCjIuNg?&autoplay=1

I don't think this works on mobile with GAF embedding YouTube videos, just as a heads up - I can see the thumbnail of
Ryu doing a hadoken
on both links.

Volotaire

I don't think this works on mobile with GAF embedding YouTube videos, just as a heads up - I can see the thumbnail of
Ryu doing a hadoken
on both links.

Do you have the ytma extension? I would disable it so you cannoit see the thumbnail on NeoGAF.

Evershade

If anyone is particularly spoiler-conscious and planning on using youtube to watch these, then there are a couple of addins that might be of use that allow hiding the suggested videos, comments, description, titles etc:

Firefox: Element Hidiing Helper for Adblock
Chrome: AdBlock+ Element Hiding Helper

To use both
  1. Install the addin
  2. Go to a youtube video page
  3. Firefox: From the adblock menu click "Select an element to hide" or press Ctrl+Shift+F3
    Chrome: From the Adblock+ menu select "Block Element" or press Alt+B
  4. Select an outlined region of the page to hide

RiggyRob

Do you have the ytma extension? I would disable it so you cannoit see the thumbnail on NeoGAF.

Yeah, had to disable it in Preferences, thought I'd give a heads-up just in case - at this point though, people can't blame others for spoilers if they keep YouTube links embedded.

Volotaire

If anyone is particularly spoiler-conscious and planning on using youtube to watch these, then there are a couple of addins that might be of use that allow hiding the suggested videos, comments, description, titles etc:

Firefox: Element Hidiing Helper for Adblock
Chrome: AdBlock+ Element Hiding Helper

To use both
  1. Install the addin
  2. Go to a youtube video page
  3. Firefox: From the adblock menu click "Select an element to hide" or press Ctrl+Shift+F3
    Chrome: From the Adblock+ menu select "Block Element" or press Alt+B
  4. Select an outlined region of the page to hide

Great tip! i'll add to the OP.

Although I'm providing direct Youtube links that autoplay (so they are full screen and do not have a thumbnail spoiler) so chances of spoilers are 0 now. But I'll still add this to the OP. Thanks again!

Yeah, had to disable it in Preferences, thought I'd give a heads-up just in case - at this point though, people can't blame others for spoilers if they keep YouTube links embedded.

I'll add this to the OP.

maxcriden

Anyone know if that YT autoplay link business works in the Wii U browser sans thumbnail? You're all awesome for helping keep E3 spoiler free...thanks again guys!!

tchocky

Anyone know if that YT autoplay link business works in the Wii U browser sans thumbnail? You're all awesome for helping keep E3 spoiler free...thanks again guys!!

I don't think the Wii U browser auto plays so it will show the thumbnail, but the main problem with the Wii U browser is it will automatically embed the videos in this thread and you will see the thumbnail.

maxcriden

I don't think the Wii U browser auto plays so it will show the thumbnail, but the main problem with the Wii U browser is it will automatically embed the videos in this thread and you will see the thumbnail.

Thanks!

Same with iPad, right?

If so ill stick with laptop I guess.

On the flip side, once it airs we'll know if the thumbnail is spoilery or not.

Volotaire

Thanks!

Same with iPad, right?

If so ill stick with laptop I guess.

On the flip side, once it airs we'll know if the thumbnail is spoilery or not.

If you want to , use the google doc. No chance of thumbnails there. Bookmark it and enjoy.

Are we expecting any CyberPunk 2077 news do you know?

? Have no clue why you're on about a 3 year away CD Projeckt game, but this is NOT a discussion thread. Read the OP and title.

witness

Thanks for the thread. This is the only place I will go. I'm staying off twitter and avoiding the rest of the forum. I'm so excited for E3. Just a few more hours...

kubus

Unfortunately, this will be the first E3 of which I can't watch all the press conferences live :(. So thank you for making this wonderful thread!! :D. Bookmarked the thread and the google doc.

HeelPower

Thank you for this thread :)

I'll be missing both Square Enix and Microsoft live conference ,but its nice we have this thread.

Volotaire

It would be crazy if someone made a Wii U third party announced games at E3 predicitions kind of like the monthly sales. I mean seriously how many third party games get announced for Wii U at E3... any guesses? I say 3 max... but what those 3 are I have no idea.

What does this have to do with a Spoiler Free E3 Thread? No discussion, read the OP>

Volotaire

Twitch Bethesda Archive is up, but until the post show for Bethesda finishes on YT, and other journalist outlets finish their post shows, I'll have to wait about 30 mins - 1 hour for their archives. Please be patient.

EDIT:

- Nintendo World Championships full archive done (Twitch/YT)
- GB Reacts Archived with twitch Bethesda
- Gamespot Bethesda
- Gametrailers reacts Bethesda
- YouTube Direct Link Bethesda ( although it cuts off first 5 minutes)

Mupod

I'm glad this thread exists, this is the first year in...forever that I won't be able to watch all the conferences live. It always just worked out that I was unemployed/not in school around that time of the year. Not that I'm complaining...

Volotaire

I think 5 different archive links for Bethesda is good for now, Nintendo and Occulus is all done, Enjoy and see you tomorrow. I've got to sleep!

Top Bottom