• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Singleplayer, 4-6x size of Sunset, Spider-Man is 23, has Peter gameplay

4 -6 times the size of SSO is just too big. A smallish world with lots of verticality like SSO would have been much more preferable, that way they could fill it with lots of interesting stuff.

Laplasakos

I wasn't really impressed with the E3 gameplay at the conference but all the info in the OP is giving me hope for the game.

KurtFehl

4 -6 times the size of SSO is just too big. A smallish world with lots of verticality like SSO would have been much more preferable, that way they could fill it with lots of interesting stuff.

4-6 times bigger makes sense since you will be swinging around a lot. Basically, almost flying a helicopter. It'll be OK :)

JP

I'm pleased to hear about the map size.

I've never really been comfortable with games using map size a bullet point on box as bigger doesn't necessarily equate to better but this certainly seems to be big enough for a Spider-Man game

Raptor

Fail states like this:

tenor.gif

?

:(

SpaceWolf

Banned
Peter Parker Pizza delivery mini game.

What I've always loved about the Spiderman 2 pizza missions:

-The fact Mr Aziz expects Peter to deliver five or six pizzas all across New York in the literal space of 90 seconds.
-The fact that the citizens who order said pizzas expect the delivery boy to reach them in a series of incredibly bizarre no normal person could hope to reach (window washer platforms suspended hundreds of feet up in the air, isolated ferries out in the middle of the fucking ocean).
-The fact that none of the customers ever question the fact that Spiderman is delivering their pizzas to them.
-The fact that Spiderman is blatantly delivering the pizzas that Mr Aziz specifically asks Peter Parker to deliver doesn't immediately cause Mr Aziz and all his customers to deduce Spider-Man's secret identity.

Wow. They even took the time to animate the wind rippling through the suit. That's nuts.

Watch the demo video and go to the part where he's on top of the Helicopter, the wind makes it ripple a crazy amount. When I first noticed it I was like holy shit.

If someone could gif that it would be awesome. You notice it a lot when he's pulling the panel off the Helicopter.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
It's got that basic ass American comedy color grading though. Like the MCU - a bit lacking in style. Just normal daytime American movie look, but maybe it changes up

Yes, if only it was color timed to within an inch of its life and desaturated to the point Spidey looks like he's wearing the symbiote costume.

"Lacking in style." What the hell is with the hatred of natural color and lighting these days?

Gbraga

Maybe I'm just not giving them enough credit because I didn't like the E3 demo, but I read "Peter Parker gameplay" and I think forced slow walking. I definitely enjoy the idea of the game's story being much more about Peter Parker than Spider-Man, but please do something interesting with the game. I'd rather put the controller down and watch cutscenes than hold forward to keep one going.

Shredderi

pretty sure you're seeing Sony money, not Marvel. if Marvel is paying for their Marvel games, then MvC Infinite wouldn't look the way it does.

I just think Marvel is really fucking serious about the game, willing to help as much as they can to give the world a really fucking impressive and good Spiderman game, not a cheap movie tie in. Now your point about MvC:I is a good one and you kind of got me there, but I think Marvel is behind this game in a whole other way since it will have so much more reach than a relatively niche genre like the fighting game genre.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It would be nice if, perhaps as a DLC mode later down the line, they announced a co-op mode where Peter and Miles can explore the city and do missions together.

True.

As a superhero, I would want to be able to kill people

/s

I don't care if the white stuff on the costume serves a purpose I want it gone. Not a fan of shoehorning Miles in either. Peter segments could be interesting if this is married Peter otherwise I don't give a damn.

man, people have the weirdest complaints for this game.

Really hope Insomniac isn't listening to any of it and doing their own thing. We're gonna end up with a Fuse situation again lol

TimFL

The thing is I'm not worried about the map size, I'm worried about whether or not the map is filled with proper content. The map can be big as heck but it means nothing when we get random crimes the quality of the last few Spidey games.

That's what breaks every single Spidey game, the open world activities are subpar to say the least. I hope they have proper procedural crimes with loads of variety.

Kinyou

Will be interesting how they'll handle the Peter stuff. Thats the one thing the Batman Arkham games never quite tackled

dan2026

They have already confirmed Norman is in the game.
So I really hope you get to fight the Green Goblin at some point.

SSO is 2x Crackdown and 1/8x Just Cause 2.

Just Cause 2 is, if I'm not mistaken about 25 x 25km. Which if it's 1/8 the size would make SSO about 3 x 3km, or 9km square in total. Let's assume Spider-Man will be at the lower end of that 4-6x estimate, making it probably 30 or 40km square. Seems pretty massive for a city. How big is the real New York, I wonder.

Game of the show!

3ygnj66.gif

Man, the animation is so goddamn good. Like, outrageously good. Visually this is probably a very close second behind Anthem as the best looking game of the show.

Top Bottom