• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Singleplayer, 4-6x size of Sunset, Spider-Man is 23, has Peter gameplay

Skeeter49

So you get a fat GAME OVER screen if you don't press L1 here?

H7SUeGJ.gif

The fall will kill him, not Spiderman.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thanks for the summary, all of the information makes the game sound fantastic.

I can't believe I'm this hyped for a Spiderman game.

Oni Jazar

Turbowaffles said:
BUT WHAT OF THE WEB SLINGING?!

Oh, they said it's much more complex than it looked.

Good to hear and should be in OP but I still want to hear more about it. I really hope it takes skill to learn like Spiderman 2. I liked having to be mindful of your momentum, angle, velocity, and surroundings. If you're swinging towards the river or park you better hope you have enough momentum or you're gonna have a bad time. That would make or break the game.

bede-x

Single player only! So nice, really love how Sony keep investing in AAA single player games. Props to them.

This is my most wanted AAA game at the moment, but I hope it isn't too scripted. Too many QTEs in the demo.

People that don't like cinematic action adventure games might start a change.org already.

This is the Arkham game Marvel needed, they're probably going that route.
I'm on board.

VanWinkle

Holy crap, this world's going to be huge. Even Sunset Overdrive's was pretty darn big.

All this info has me hyped. Big Peter Parker role is great.

Keinning

In the IGN interview the director mentions that Spider-Man will save them automatically

Why even do QTEs if the results will end up the same? Honest question, Ryse did it too and pissed me off as well. "You can do more damage", guy's falling from a building, you won't do more damage than that.

BadWolf

Sounding good, looking forward to it for sure.

Really like the look and animation. The gameplay may or may not be deep but at least it looks nice and flashy.

Can I grab a robber off the street and do a spinning pile driver with him from the top of the Empire State building? I think that just knocked them out in 2, so how about it?

iosefe

If the game world is that big, does that mean full scale model of Manhattan? Probably Queens and maybe Brooklyn as well

Why even do QTEs if the results will end up the same? Honest question, Ryse did it too and pissed me off as well. "You can do more damage", guy's falling from a building, you won't do more damage than that.

I believe that L1 pops up whenever he knocks and enemy into the air, for example it happens even when he's indoors with no risk of falling off the building, I believe you do have to hit the button in that context, but if the enemy is falling off a building it would bring him in automatically.

That's pretty lame. That means combat will be restricted because it won't allow you to move on to someone else until that person you're trying to kill is safe.

Yeah that was my thought while I was listening to the director. Maybe I understood what he was saying wrong but I don't think so.

This won't be in the game. But it would be cool if they had a black symbiote mechanic. The more people you kill while playing leads you into getting the black suit.

shandy706

99% of QTEs in Ryse were optional. You could take out enemies without them.

These may be optional too...

I like the idea of prompted perks though.

Top Bottom