• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Singleplayer, 4-6x size of Sunset, Spider-Man is 23, has Peter gameplay

PSqueak

Banned
The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments

You dont say...

Devs should understand that gamers don't get hyped by QTE sequences that are glorified cinematics.

Dabanton

4 -6 times the size of SSO is just too big. A smallish world with lots of verticality like SSO would have been much more preferable, that way they could fill it with lots of interesting stuff.

That's my worry here. SSO's world was great because it had no reason to even pretend to make any sense. Hence you could have giant fun structures all over the place.

Big for bigs sake is no fun. New Yorkesqe environments are not exactly what I would call varied. And previous Spiderman games were all about tall skyscrapers.

I hope IG will not be slavishly creating the city more taking elements and going off that.And for the love of god I hope any Peter Parker sections are not forced stealth sections.

Jiraiza

Praying we can get the Iron Spider outfit. It'll look so damn good in this game if the default suit is the level of quality we can expect.

Spinluck

I like pretty much everything I'm hearing about the game.

But Spidey auto saving badies though to fit the no killing rule... not sure how I feel about it.

I don't want to straight murder people, but I wanna throw enemies off buildings and shit. Hopefully there are super goons who can take the fall lol.

RRockman

Banned
You dont say...

Devs should understand that gamers don't get hyped by QTE sequences that are glorified cinematics.

Says you.

If used sparingly/effectively it's perfectly ok. It's like adding spice to your favorite dish. While adding too much would ruin the flavor, the right amount would actually enhance it. One trailer is not enough to judge wether insomniac has ruined the dish if you catch my drift.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm still 100% certain there will be a nod, or a one-off balloon mission. There has to be.,

lol

There was one in Ultimate Spiderman, where Venom's very first victim was a kid whinging about his lost balloon.

venom_0000.jpg

You fucking eat him.

PSqueak

Banned
Says you.

If used sparingly/effectively it's perfectly ok. It's like adding spice to your favorite dish. While adding too much would ruin the flavor, the right amount would actually enhance it. One trailer is not enough to judge wether insomniac has ruined the dish if you catch my drift.

Speak for yourself

Im pretty sure im not the only one, not even in gaf or this thread whose hype went down by the QTE-tastic fest at the end of the trailer.

I mean im still looking forward to getting this game, but man, i did not like that sequence one bit.

AudioEppa

The game looks good and having cinematic linear parts with QTE is a plus.

Just don't know if I'm excited about enough to buy. I guess I have to see how I feel closer to release.

Black Cat will force you to go to bed early and hinder your attempts to strengthen social links.

Actually... that isn't bad in this scenario.

This is a spiderman game. Play it like you are spiderman. dont kill people. Hopefully there will be xp penalties to help force the issue.

JOKERACN7

You dont say...

All the Spider-Man related threads so far prove you wrong, gamers do get hype by QTE sequences and glorified cinemarics
How to hype ppl up : Make it pretty!

silva1991

There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man.

I like the sound of this.

I always wanted to do this in Arkham games.

farisr

Funny you say that because a lot of the non-gaf/gaming forum reactions online seem to be impressed by the cinematic segments shown off. From their point of view, they're getting movie-level action sequences that still require active engagement (only possible via QTE) along with terrific combat and swinging mechanics when not in those setpiece moments. A win-win. And like it or not, those are what make up the majority of sales of a game like this. It's really only on enthusiast forums/message boards where there are some QTE complaints, and even then, you'll find a decent amount of people on here that are okay with them being done for setpiece moments.

JP

What are the odds on this being a Raiden/Big Shell type thing with Miles taking over after a few missions?

No, I don't really think that's going to happen.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Spider-Man was born in 1995
What year does this game take place?

not a fan of these in-game cut scenes. the visuals look much better than the actual gameplay, and the result is a bit jarring.

Mate....games are just foolin you good.
All in engine look at the transitions there is no sqitch between cutscene and gameplay.
Probably they just spend their budget on effects like DOF during none gameplay scenes but by the smell of things the models and textures are all the same from cutscene to gameplay.

Do we know what engine this is using ? Unreal 4 ? Decima ? proprietary ?

Its using the same engine from Sunset Overdrive. Probably upgraded here and there.
Sony needs to let them release this on PC god damn it.....this engine looks like its very well behaved so i can imagine Pascals and Voltas rendering this at 4K60 with ease.

Dabanton

What are the odds on this being a Raiden/Big Shell type thing with Miles taking over after a few missions?

No, I don't really think that's going to happen.

I'm thinking more DmC4 style different campaigns in the city for miles, peter and whoever else we'll get to play as.

RyanW

I'm really curious on the things you can do outside of the main story. Like how they plan on filling the world up with activities, side-missions, and whatnot.

I'm really curious on the things you can do outside of the main story. Like how they plan on filling the world up with activities, side-missions, and whatnot.

I can imagine them implementing some kind of random events system like Red Dead Redemption and GTA V had.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can imagine them implementing some kind of random events system like Red Dead Redemption and GTA V had.

that, traversal-oriented challenges from Sunset Overdrive, and villain-focused missions similar to the Arkham games would be perfect

Miles seems like more of a DLC tease to me than anything else, but I'd welcome multiple playable characters in the core campaign if they genuinely play differently.

Definitely hoping there are a few allies in the game who'll pop up here and there.

I also think that a Punisher mission where you're fighting alongside him but also deftly preventing him from killing any of the enemies would be a lot of fun if done right.

yurinka

I understand they want to have a new costume for the game to sell more toys etc, but did someone asked them if the game is going to feature more costumes, like these classic ones?

latest

latest

Top Bottom