• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 is the buggiest Sony AAA release ever

Aaron Olive

🇵🇷.

Full of Memes

That's crazy playing miles PS4 right now, have platinum for 5 version already.
T3CEf7B.jpg

More Bugs
Ray tracing missing from doors at H.E.A.R.T. Clinic
pDb9UCD.jpg

Wall missing from Pete's house
lg6Zeag.jpg

Texture streaking
WXIAcaY.jpg

Blue inlay missing from suit
w9Jtlaa.jpg

Empty house riding with harry.
pTJ3h1u.png

Last edited:
I’ve got about 10 hours under my belt and have seen zero glitches of any sort.

Are these problems from the digital version (I have the disc) or maybe non-americas region?

edit: I see dorks throwing out shit like “unpolished” and “broken”, of which the game is obviously neither. Guess this is just trolling/shitposting/fud.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Are these problems from the digital version (I have the disc) or maybe non-americas region?

edit: I see dorks throwing out shit like “unpolished” and “broken”, of which the game is obviously neither. Guess this is just trolling/shitposting/fud.

Lol, you don't get the amount of bug/glitch posts and them not being reposts and then say it's just fud.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
That's crazy playing miles PS4 right now, have platinum for 5 version already.
T3CEf7B.jpg

More Bugs
Ray tracing missing from doors at H.E.A.R.T. Clinic
pDb9UCD.jpg

Wall missing from Pete's house
lg6Zeag.jpg

Texture streaking
WXIAcaY.jpg

Blue inlay missing from suit
w9Jtlaa.jpg

Empty house riding with harry.
pTJ3h1u.png

Haven’t have these bugs yesterday but I do have missing audio after the rollercoaster segment when I played yesterday for 3 hours

Aaron Olive

The inconsistency in assets is real, Insomniac is going to need to do a few patches or not. New Assets look amazing but the copy and paste job is evident and can't be ignored.

This gum pack looks amazing at max zoom as a new asset, so much so that you can read the nutritional facts.
x2lqV4K.jpg

sticky notes are a mess except Happy birthday mijo
lrQ6pZv.jpg

This label is good, the box itself not so much but it holds up.
TJx0ULG.jpg

The fridge magnets look clear, great!
QXOsKDu.jpg

The cans and marinara look bad
qwHIJGt.jpg

These labels look like they came straight from San Andreas
0TY77sB.jpg

That Buckwheat looks good but OMG those Banana's
kDudhtT.jpg

New doorknob
2iDY20l.jpg

Old
werSukb.jpg

Im showing all of this not to throw shade at Insomniac but because the talent is there to make this a consistent looking game and there's a lot to be desired to truly make this game look like a real PS5 exclusive, so much for DF doing their work....

Cyborg

I have the digital version but zero issues.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
There's definitely something up with Insomniac's engine and the PS5. At launch, I had several crashes from in-game to the main menu in both Spider-man Remastered and Miles Morales. I did not have that happen in any other game since except for earlier yesterday in Spider-man 2. Got the stuck in geometry bug once but a few shakes of the joysticks unfreed me from where I was stuck. Also, a handful of times, the photography missions have allowed me to take a photograph and then not registered that I took one. Trying to take another one does nothing. I had to either reload the checkpoint or switch Spider-men, do a mission and then come back to the same photograph icon.

Anyway, it's not too game breaking but I am disappointed by the clear lack of polish.

Fortunately haven’t encounter anything like that yet

Godot25

Banned
Finished Spider-Man 2 last night, and it's seriously great. Better than both the original and Miles, and Insomniac did an AMAZING job melding two iconic late-80s Spider-Man stories while including modern canon elements to make it familiar to current comic readers. They seriously made a better Kraven movie than Sony Pictures will, and it's inspired by one of the greatest Kraven stories of all time. Despite one brief moment in the third act where I was fearing the pacing would go down a TLOU2 LA drudge, it didn't and the ending was great. They nailed the dual-protagonist sequel so many other developers fail at (looking at you, Atreus levels).

But the game is broken, even with the day one patch. It's super frustrating because from the first Uncharted until now I've NEVER played a first-party Sony AAA release this broken. They used to be close to Nintendo perfection, but this is really bad.

It really feels like the game needed another 4-6 months in the oven. Like it was really meant to be an early 2024 release (Feb/March), but was rushed out for holiday 2023 because they didn't have anything else big this year.

Bugs I ran into from beginning to end:

Hard crashes to the dash. Just swinging around New York. Random times.
Frozen controls. Mostly when it transitions from a cut scene to gameplay and often if there's a prompt on screen for a specific move. Have to reload a checkpoint to progress.
Both Peter and Miles spinning like Michael Jackson when trying to interact with a box/POI (the triangle prompt):
52lU.gif

Enemies getting stuck in cars/buses and they can't be killed to complete the crime POI.
Enemies getting stuck under the ground, causing you to reload the checkpoint and restart the whole encounter (happened to me at Coney Island, one robo dog was stuck under the ground).
Those T-stuck animations.
There are certain enviromental things late in the game (spoilers to describe them) that can cause Peter or Miles to get stuck, again causing a checkpoint reload.
Well. It's pretty clear that Sony reaaaaaly wanted that sweet Holiday window for this game.
No matter what.

I have found several bugs during fights and other areas. During the coney island part I set on a bench and mj and Harry disappeared and I couldn't get out of the bench lol

Last edited:

Don Carlo

Hmm, strange. I saw earlier complaints as well, but none of this happened to me. Just beat the game yesterday. Ran pretty smoothly for me, save for ONE enemy that glitched during one of the mid-game missions.

King Dazzar

Can be difficult to see the wood from the trees sometimes, as some takes out there, do appear to be motivated without integrity. The impression I get from the outside looking in. Is that this a great game, that will be even better after a couple of patches. As always I prefer to wait a little while after a game releases just to see how people find it, rather than just go by what reviews say. But with this it does seem that YMMV with regards you encountering any bugs or not. Patience and a couple of patches seems sensible for me. I have absolutely no doubt that Insomniac will iron out any rough edges.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
There are a lot of small bugs everywhere, like this:

or this:

Loads of clipping, getting stuck on geometry and stuff like that. The biggest one so far was during a major story point, right before the fight I lost audio and a couple of seconds later it crashed to the dash:

FkBqiIJ.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what the next sales milestone will be?

2.5 is definitely extremely impressive. But I'm sure if they reach over 5/10 million they would announce that.

Still very happy that many are enjoying this. I still have to pick up my copy since I'm busy with Morrowind.

The main bugs I've got are audio related. Sometimes there is no talking audio whatsoever so I only see subtitles.

I even had it where Pete was talking to Miles and I was only getting the audio for what miles said and the subtitles where also about 30 seconds ahead of the entire conversation.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

now at 25 hours, not a single bug has been found.

Either its rare or a bunch of you have bad luck
Eh, it's just how it goes sometimes. I think the fact that not EVERYONE is running into these bugs is pretty telling. If you got 1000+ people to attempt to reproduce a bug, there would be some that could, and some that couldn't. At least that's usually how it goes. If it's a 5/5 bug that 1000+ can reproduce then that's REAL bad.

Aside from the crashes, these bugs aren't THAT big of a deal. Shame that people are experiencing them though. I'm not worried about it, but I suppose it makes the wait for the PC version a bit better.

now at 25 hours, not a single bug has been found.

Either its rare or a bunch of you have bad luck
It happens. Of course, the usual suspects are overblowing it because a certain other company has been lacking with their releases. My glitches happened only after playing for several hours straight. Maybe a memory management problem? But, a quick reset fixed them all. Still, I found it mainly hilarious.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Starting to believe it. Game has crashed a few times. Now I’m literally stuck here. Not because I can't solve the puzzle. Because now none of the controller buttons work except for the main menu button. I've quit game twice and come back to the same problem. Now I'm going to have to turn on auto solve puzzles in the settings to progress in the game. Do better, Insomniac. Your reputation isn't being reflected well here.

TSDl7gs.jpg

Edit: I think my time with Spider-man 2 may be done. Changing the puzzle settings did not help. I am literally in a game breaking loop that is preventing me from progressing in the game.

I want my money back.

Edit 2: Found a solution. I have shortcuts set for left and right on the dpad. That is fucking up making a selection in this "puzzle". So stupid. Found the answer to the problem here:

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Starting to believe it. Game has crashed a few times. Now I’m literally stuck here. Not because I can't solve the puzzle. Because now none of the controller buttons work except for the main menu button. I've quit game twice and come back to the same problem. Now I'm going to have to turn on auto solve puzzles in the settings to progress in the game. Do better, Insomniac. Your reputation isn't being reflected well here.

TSDl7gs.jpg

Edit: I think my time with Spider-man 2 may be done. Changing the puzzle settings did not help. I am literally in a game breaking loop that is preventing me from progressing in the game.

I want my money back.

Edit 2: Found a solution. I have shortcuts set for left and right on the dpad. That is fucking up making a selection in this "puzzle". So stupid. Found the answer to the problem here:

You would think left and right on the left stick could have had the same effect in this situation.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

TSDl7gs.jpg

I want my money back.

That's a yikes. I'm legit surprised at the games critical reception and how none of the prominent reviews mentioned all the issues.

Or maybe that day 1 patch really fucked things up.

Top Bottom