• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 is the buggiest Sony AAA release ever

So we have some saying its buggy, with evidence...and others saying its not buggy and its just exaggerated......who to believe?

Hopefully there's some patches soon becuase I'm dying to start playing after Mario but I'd rather wait for the best experience.

I think it's true that some play it and don't have issues or very few issues. While others are trying to say that spiderman 2 is a trash game due to the bugs.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So we have some saying its buggy, with evidence...and others saying its not buggy and its just exaggerated......who to believe?

Hopefully there's some patches soon becuase I'm dying to start playing after Mario but I'd rather wait for the best experience.

Well the issue list on doesitplay for this game is longer than average, with various video evidences of it happening.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
One thing that allmost all posters here are saying is that the game is amazing. Outside of the trophies bug, most others bugs seems to be more funny than anything. I was thinking like you but succombed to the tentation and Spider Man 2 is amazing! I would advise you to try it sooner than latter but do as you feel.

I've got the game. I bought it day one but picked up Mario for the first play and I'm hooked. Can't wait for Spidy 2 though. Looks and sounds amazing. I just want to ensure i'm getting the best experience possible.

Mr Moose

Today's patch corrects an error where the Cuban flag was incorrectly displayed instead of the Puerto Rican flag. We understand that accurate representation matters, and greatly regret this error. We sincerely apologize and will do better in the future.

General Fixes & Polish:

• Addressed an issue where an incorrect flag was displayed
  • Addressed an issue where models would not load properly after long play sessions
  • Addressed an issue where The Amazing 2 Suit's Spider logo appeared too bright
  • Improved stability

ArtHands

There's a patch out today for the game. However I still encounter bugs today, including one where the Teo's mouth doesn't move when he's talking during a side quest.

Found a third Spider-Man :O

np7Aoog.jpg

MAtgS

Made a compilation of (some of) the glitches I encountered:

There were a few more I encountered, like a softlock at the carnival where I couldn't get up from a bench or another softlock late game where the button prompt for a Miles power wouldn't work. Plus 2 straight up crashes.

Topher

Gold Member

And both can be right. Just because it is buggy for me and others doesn't mean it is so for everyone else. I agree with MidGenRefresh MidGenRefresh , however, that the number of bugs reported for the same issue is highly reflective on Insomniac's QA team. Once again we have a game that went gold too early.

QA this gen has been shitty at best.

One thing that allmost all posters here are saying is that the game is amazing. Outside of the trophies bug, most others bugs seems to be more funny than anything. I was thinking like you but succombed to the tentation and Spider Man 2 is amazing! I would advise you to try it sooner than latter but do as you feel.

The game is definitely amazing. A few hiccups along the way but this game sticks the landing like none I've ever seen before. Those last few chapters leading to the end were magnificent. I was convinced reviewers overrated this game but in the end I think they got it right.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A couple of bugs where the intended cue does not happen and have to reload or restart the game. The original PS4 one wasn't nearly as buggy as this one has been so far.

midnightAI

Both can be true, I haven't had any bugs yet but obviously others have issues.

BdV31CI.jpg

Yea because thats the most important thing, not fixing the big amount of crashes and bugs... I can feel the woke craziness. Great game and all but you can tell it was created by a bunch of weirdos
Pretty sure this is a way simpler correction that looking into the reason why the game crash in certain circumstances or what generate some bugs. I'm sure a patch for at least most of these problems will arrive, but it will naturally need some more time, this was a very easy fix

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
BdV31CI.jpg

Yea because thats the most important thing, not fixing the big amount of crashes and bugs... I can feel the woke craziness. Great game and all but you can tell it was created by a bunch of weirdos

Insomniac got a LOT more flak for its mangling of the Spanish language in order to pander to the tiny non binary LatinX community but I don't think they'll ever apologize for that affront to Spanish speakers and rerecord those lines.

JoduanER2

Insomniac got a LOT more flak for its mangling of the Spanish language in order to pander to the tiny non binary LatinX community but I don't think they'll ever apologize for that affront to Spanish speakers and rerecord those lines.
You really think they care about what spanish speaking people want?? Is all about pushing a political left wing ideology, and that "gender neutral" spanish language madness is all about that. I bet if you do a vote between spanish speaking people if they prefer that gender neutral spanish, 90% will say no, but they dont care about that. And actually most right wing people (which is around 50% i would think) dont agree with pushing diversity above all, gender parity, gender neutral language, the marxist black lives matter movement, among many many other left wing political ideas that Insomniac put in spiderman 2, but do they care about pleasing half of their audience by not shoving politics in their games... well of course not

Last edited:
As I posted earlier, I had a few bugs. But ever since I reset the game, I haven't experienced any except for a small one of a car clipping into another one. But everything else has been bug free.

well, they may've changed the flag... but that initial, traumatic 'hurtfulness' will always remain...

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
And both can be right. Just because it is buggy for me and others doesn't mean it is so for everyone else. I agree with MidGenRefresh MidGenRefresh , however, that the number of bugs reported for the same issue is highly reflective on Insomniac's QA team. Once again we have a game that went gold too early.

QA this gen has been shitty at best.

The game is definitely amazing. A few hiccups along the way but this game sticks the landing like none I've ever seen before. Those last few chapters leading to the end were magnificent. I was convinced reviewers overrated this game but in the end I think they got it right.
The closer we got to perfection, the more any problem get blown out of proportion. Uncanny valley, gaming edition. I have played Spiderman 2 only a few hours but I really loved it so far. Glad to hear that it may get even better closer to the end. But yes I got some bugs and can understand the " Spiderman 2 is the buggiest Sony game to date". The game is so fun that I feel that when you launch it you can't put it down. Then a bug happen and it put you out of the feeling.
Spoiler about the bug that I got a few times already:
The photos that we have to do in the city. Some don't work the first time and have to be redone. One I did it with both Peter and Miles and still had to reload the checkpoint for it to work. Shame.

ArtHands

Just encountered another bug today. After finishing a fight, a guy's stuck running on the same spot.

ArtHands

A new patch has been released!

General Fixes & Polish:
  • Addressed an issue where players could become stuck during the finale of Marko's Memories
  • Addressed an issue where a boss could become stuck in geometry
  • Addressed multiple issues where the player could become stuck during the Galvanize tutorial
  • Addressed an issue where players with shortcuts enabled could become stuck in a puzzle during the New Threads mission
  • Addressed an issue where the Charge Jump would break when assigned to a shortcut
  • Addressed an issue where the Upgraded Classic suit had duplicate eye details
  • Further addressed issues where models would not load properly after long play sessions
  • Improved stability

peronmls

Movement sucks. Spider-Man looks like he’s ice skating on the ground during combat. I can’t believe we still have that kind of tacky movement in games.

Aaron Olive

You know you've fucked up when the PS4 version of an older game looks better than your newest console exclusive.
WTF Insomniac is up with all the bad texture work?

Exhibit A is Miles Morales PS4 version on PS5 in miles home the dinner table.
p.png

Exhibit B Spiderman 2 in Fidelity mode same location.
p.png

WTF happened in production that all the texture work got downgraded to be worse than the PS4.

oh my god omg GIF

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You know you've fucked up when the PS4 version of an older game looks better than your newest console exclusive.
WTF Insomniac is up with all the bad texture work?

Exhibit A is Miles Morales PS4 version on PS5 in miles home the dinner table.
p.png

Exhibit B Spiderman 2 in Fidelity mode same location.
p.png

WTF happened in production that all the texture work got downgraded to be worse than the PS4.

oh my god omg GIF
All of the textures… all… someone is trying hard to b… I mean assess the game…

Last edited:

Aaron Olive

All of the textures… all… someone is trying hard to b… I mean assess the game…
Well I have picture proof of multiple examples of this unusual texture downgrading in this thread and SM2 is the most inconsistent looking/bug ridden sequel ever from Sony, instead of seeing the evidence for what it is people choose to ignore instead of questioning why is this happening, can it be fixed, will it be fixed.

Well let me rephrase that for you... Why is most / some of the texture work in Spider-Man 2 worse than the PS4 version of Miles Morales or the textures are not upgraded at all?

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Addressed an issue where MJ could be defeated in one hit on higher difficulty settings
That was a bug? I was under the impression that it was intended as a feature. Anyway, it is so weird how this game can be so good and yet have bugs that can really get you out of the experience. For me the worst one was about the photos. Some refused to work and I had to redo it a few times.

Top Bottom