• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony State of Play (25th Feb - 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm UK)

State of Play rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'd say Stray is pretty doubtful because it was only tentatively announced as releasing late this year, meaning that it probably won't appear until next year now.

I'm not sure about Returnal either. It's coming in a couple of months, so will almost certainly get its own State of Play in April. Plus it's already had quite a few showings. I'm not sure it needs to be here as well. Not saying it won't be, but I don't think it's a certainty.

Well, if the odd surprise early announcement comes out it is generally to mask bad news.

See the PSVR2 very very early announcement released out of the blue right next to more PC ports and some PS5 games being delayed.

I'd say expect a big chunk on Returnal, RE8 and Ratchet. Kena might be there, though I wouldn't be shocked if it's pushed back also. I expect Horizon to be their big gun.

New game announcements probably won't be earth shattering until the end. I'm sure they'll have a "one more thing" to end the show, but it won't be Silent Hill or anything. Maybe another GoW teaser or I'll go out on a limb and say maybe SOCOM.

Lots of jokes about "State of Delay", but that's probably gonna be a crapton of stuff this year from every which way, not just Sony.

Gran Turismo is never out on time. I know both Returnal and RE8 have pretty solid dates, but I'm doubtful all the way up until they are almost to the shelves, if not on them these days. Hell, Ratchet was "launch window" and is now coming in June. That's a bit beyond the window to me.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
10 games, ~ 3 mins each...

mostly 2021 3rd party or indie games, some from the June 2020 show...

1. Final Fantasy 7 remake (PS5 PC)
2. Oddworld Soulstorm
3. Kena Bridge of Spirits
4. Jett The Far Shore
5. Goodbye Volcano High
6. Little Devil Inside
7. Solar Ash
8. Stray
9. (new reveal ?)
10. Ghostwire Tokyo / Deathloop

I expect nothing really from 1st party in this one.
celebrate happy birthday GIF

Papacheeks

Banned
Horizon is still on track for 2021 release, it's going to be their late 2021 game. I suspect we see new trailer with some in-game shots. But nothing more than that. Metal gear solid remake, and silent hill title are going to be in a different event closer to E3 time.

OrionNebula

I´ll go all in :

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 Teaser
Bloodbourne PS5 4K/60fps Patch
Kena Release Date
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Gameplay and Release Date
Elder Ring Gameplay
GTA 5 PS5 Version Release Date
God Of War 2 Trailer
Deathloop Gameplay and Release Date
Ratchet & Clank Gameplay (showing off the ssd power)
That seems a little bit excessive for something that was announced like 2 days ago with very little sony fanfare, and is supposed to be clocking in 30 mins total

I’d be happy with some gameplay for Horizon 2, honestly
Some quick Kena, some quick Deathloop. Perhaps more R&C

If we don’t start seeing a little bit of GoW2 stuff soon imma toss this in the evergrowing 2022 bin

Just_one

That seems a little bit excessive for something that was announced like 2 days ago with very little sony fanfare, and is supposed to be clocking in 30 mins total

I’d be happy with some gameplay for Horizon 2, honestly
Some quick Kena, some quick Deathloop. Perhaps more R&C

If we don’t start seeing a little bit of GoW2 stuff soon imma toss this in the evergrowing 2022 bin

GoW2 is most likely 2022 , they just announced it 2021 to create hype and then delay the game to 2022 Q1(most likely) or Q2

KAL2006

Banned
Quick predictions

Returnal - New Trailer
Ratchet and Clank - Female Ratchet gameplay
Destruction All-stars - New DLC
Final Fantasy 16 - New trailer and release date
Horizon 2 - Gameplay reveal
Last of Us Factions - PSN Plus game (cross play with PS4, Factions and Battle Royale modes)
Avengers - Spiderman DLC trialer
Last of Us 2 Remastered (more than just a res and FPS bump, similar to Spiderman Remastered, no free upgrade)
Final Fantasy 7 PS5 (discounted paid upgrade for current owners)
Death Stranding PS5 (Res bump and DualSense features, free upgrade for PS4 users)
New Indie games

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Just tell me Bloodborne is getting a PS5 patch that unlocks the framerate and ups the resolution. I'll be happy if that happens.

In otherwords, I will likely be disappointed.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I´ll go all in :

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 Teaser
Bloodbourne PS5 4K/60fps Patch
Kena Release Date
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 Gameplay and Release Date
Elder Ring Gameplay
GTA 5 PS5 Version Release Date
God Of War 2 Trailer
Deathloop Gameplay and Release Date
Ratchet & Clank Gameplay (showing off the ssd power)
Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks this should happen!

sublimit

Banned
I doubt they will show anything new that is of interest (to me).

But i would love to see more of Gran Turismo 7,Kena and Horizon 2.

Last edited:
Probably lots of indie 🗑 but I’m hoping for at least one big hitter there. Could be 3rd party, IDC. FF XVI release date?

Just kidding

yurinka

My bet:
-New trailers and release date annoucement or reminder for Returnal, Guilty Gear Strive, Jett, Kena, Resident Evil 8 (demo now available for PS4 too), Deathloop, Ratchet, Stray, Little Devil Inside
-(Timed?) console exlusive indie announced, coming from a popular dev (the next Fumito Ueda game?) and to be released this summer
-Play at Home announcement: Ratchet 2016 and 3 monnths of Funimation free
-No GoWR, Horizon 2 or FFXVI info or trailer, they are saving them for E3 just like the Knack 3 announcement

Last edited:

bosnianpie

I don't expect anything huge but it would be cool to see some PS5 patches for older games. Still haven't played Ghost of Tsushima and FF7 Remake and perhaps they can polish Days Gone aswell, with the PC release and all.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm looking forward to some deep dives into some games. Returnal still interests me. I'd like to see Kena and that Project game...can't remember the name..Athia? Something like that.

SLB1904

Banned
got mates on discord tho :messenger_tears_of_joy:

...that looks like the worst state of play ever if they aren't full of shit.

I'll be here anyway
I mean sony gave up on godfall ages ago, also destruction allstar would have a blog post for a road map. So yeahbisnt real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom