• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony State of Play (25th Feb - 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm UK)

State of Play rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

InDaGulag

An announcement that GOW 2 is delayed and no Silent Hill. Even though every leaker and their mother will predict the latter.

Kuranghi

If the RE8 trailer doesn't increase the internet's hornyness level to "Absolute Pervert" I'll be really upset. The giant woman's chebs need to come out or the van helsing guy's levitating dong is revealed, or just SOMETHING shockingly meme-tastic like that to really get people whipped up into a fervour.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
great-ace-attorney.original.jpg

tenor.gif

Umbasaborne

Banned
I would keep your expecations low. If we get anything big it will probably be a release date trailer for horizon, and it will probably be the last game shown after they give new trailers for indie games and smaller games we already know about

SSfox

So that was the strat, drop all the bad ugly news on 23, then show the great exciting news on the 25. Maybe?

Astorian

People should know what to expect from a State of Play by now, there is no reason to have big expectations.

skit_data

Coming to think of it, maybe there will be some sort of announcement of their answer to Gamepass?

After all, PS+ titles are usually revealed around the end of the month and this would be a good time to reveal anything connected to PS+ or a potential fusion of PS+ and PSNow. Idk, I just find the timing a bit strange.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

I don't get the Bugsnax jokes. Knack, I get being first party. But, Bugsnax is just some indie game and rated fairly decently. There's much worse indie games that deserve the sarcastic joke treatment.
It's console exclusive and Sony put it in their first PS5 software video..

..the question is why did Sony think it was worth featuring? that and Goodbye Volcano High back whenever ..

graywolf323

Coming to think of it, maybe there will be some sort of announcement of their answer to Gamepass?

After all, PS+ titles are usually revealed around the end of the month and this would be a good time to reveal anything connected to PS+ or a potential fusion of PS+ and PSNow. Idk, I just find the timing a bit strange.
well if they don't reveal March's PS+ games tomorrow like usual (the Wednesday before) then we'd know that something is coming in the State of Play

sncvsrtoip

Today was a bad day. GT7 and GOW delayed to 2022. Sony taking PS exclusives to PC. Phil teasing Kojima acquisition. Tiger Woods car crash. I burned my toast.

Needless to say, this was badly needed. Cant wait. Hopefully we see some next gen games. I dont want to see RE8, Returnal or any other cross gen trash. Lets go.
at least we got psvr2 info and possible full support for vr in gt7, had bad feelings sony will drop vr but fortunetly not a case

Last edited:

SinDelta

I'm keeping my expectations low.

Grimgrimoire Remaster ala Dragon's Crown Pro and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Dragon's Dogma 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Final Fantasy XVI
Deep Down
Chrono Trigger Remake

I think state of plays improved over time and with Covid still going around, this is the perfect time to make some announcements. However I will try to go in with minimum expectations, so I cannot get disappointed. At the last state of play I was praying for Silent Hill, it wasn't announced, same thing again at the game awards, so I don't want to go through that again.

[Sigma]

Looking forward to it. More Returnal and some Stray info like someone mentioned(as Kena). I'm turning the comment section off. There's going to be a million "It's coming to PC" comments in it and nerd fights over it lol.

Last edited:

Greeno

I would keep your expecations low. If we get anything big it will probably be a release date trailer for horizon, and it will probably be the last game shown after they give new trailers for indie games and smaller games we already know about
It seems like we are getting Horizon FW this year, so hope they showcase some gameplay.

Today was a bad day. GT7 and GOW delayed to 2022. Sony taking PS exclusives to PC. Phil teasing Kojima acquisition. Tiger Woods car crash. I burned my toast.

Needless to say, this was badly needed. Cant wait. Hopefully we see some next gen games. I dont want to see RE8, Returnal or any other cross gen trash. Lets go.

We're only getting Ratchet and Kena, but that'll be fine.

I'd love to see Horizon though even if it's cross gen trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom