• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony State of Play (25th Feb - 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm UK)

State of Play rate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3A2JFn1.jpg

Doctor Who Reaction GIF
The list is not real
The poster said they were joking

An 11-month old game with bad sales legs which was bought at launch by everybody who wanted it? No it wouldn't.

Disco or Kena or bust.
I’ve never seen someone so wrong in one sentence.

11 months would be among records (if not outright record) for a game not releasing at the same time as PS Plus offering.

I want it but haven’t bought it yet, was waiting for PS5 version but now, if this happens, waiting no longer. It’s a 87 MC game, this would put it on the 🏛 of greatest PS Plus releases ever.

Zones

What year is it.gif
“As of February 2021, the game has shipped over 140 million copies worldwide across all platforms; more copies were sold in 2020 than any other year since the game's launch in 2013.

Source

This is up from 120 million copies being sold a year ago...

“In February 2020, Take-Two disclosed that GTA V sold 120 million copies to date, which—based on previous announcements—suggested that the game had sold roughly 20 million copies in the preceding year.”

Source

In conclusion, we can undoubtedly say that every year is GTA V’s year.

Keep your expectations low low very very low. God of War, Horizon, GT7 gameplays won't be present in state of play. I don't see it happening here :( and don't want to sign up for disappointment!

Orpheum

My prediction:

Kena
Stray
Little devil inside
Freddys
Project Athia
The Last of Us 2 Multiplayer/PS5 version
Ending on Horizon Forbidden West gameplay

2 new smaller game announcements

Edit: GTA V is likely too so i'm predicting 2 and not 3 new announcements

Last edited:
I'm guessing ratchet and a sneak peak of God of war or horizon or just the usual games plus a keynote to address the supported ssd's issue and whatnot.

SilentUser

Something we don't know about would be a nice surprise. As long as its decent.

PS one games on PS5 with trophies.
I would like that, but they would need to upscale and give it some graphical and QoL boost, just like any emulator. Psone titles, in general, are borderline unplayable imo.

But thats not going to happen, at least not on this show, imo.

Greeno

Has there been any semi-legit leaks? I know about the FF7R DE rumor; but other than that, nothing else seems to be known.

Just_one

just heard something about the PS5 version of FF7R

State of Play Final Fantasy 7 Remake PS5 Version
1440p 60fps
4K 30fps + Ray Tracing

2 bónus Chapters and a new Boss.

Caio

1) GTAV PS5 next gen upgrade.

2) Ratchet&Clank new gameplay footage.

3) Short God of War Trailer.

4) Horizon Forbidden West gameplay footage.

5) The Last of Us Part II PS5 next gen upgrade.

6) Naughty Dog teaser for their next Game on PS5.

SLB1904

Banned

Lmfao

Sony ain't mention that ssd expansion in a state of play, going to be in a small blog update.
Mhhh not really sure that they'll simply just put that on a blog because it's a massive problem for PlayStation 5 owners around the world everybody from a gamer in china to us and even Somalia would want to know what ssd's are going to be supported and how. So they must address this on a State of play or similar wide audience announcement.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Bloodborne PS5/PC remaster. Thats all I want. Actually I want the PC version but its fair that PS5 users get to play the game at 60 fps and higher resolutions.

THEAP99

Banned
Based off of the last few state of plays I am not expecting any megaton like God of War or even maybe Horizon Forbidden West. I think I will very satisfied if they announce a ps5 remastered version of some games releasing soon: Like tlou2 remastered/factions, death stranding remastered, etc

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Bloodborne PS5/PC remaster. Thats all I want. Actually I want the PC version but its fair that PS5 users get to play the game at 60 fps and higher resolutions.
same here. only really interested in Bloodborne. right now i'm in no rush to get a PS5 but if we get a Bloodborne remaster then i'll be fighting everyone to get a PS5 asap.

if we get a PC version it needs to have support for framerates higher than 60fps. 60fps is pathetic these days. i want to be able to play it on my 165hz monitor.

Last edited:

saintjules

Keep your expectations low low very very low. God of War, Horizon, GT7 gameplays won't be present in state of play. I don't see it happening here :( and don't want to sign up for disappointment!

Agreed, no one should expect GOW gameplay, especially here. Maybe a short teaser to HZD, but even that's doubtful I guess.

I'm having mild expectations on FF7R update being announced here. Would be a nice 1-2 punch with it being PS+

Last edited:
Just go in with the expectation to see a little more of what has been shown already and that way you can be pleasantly surprised when something new gets shown.

sublimit

Banned
Not expecting anything. They will show what we have seen already. My expectations are low.
They did mentioned "new announcements" though. Although i'd guess they would be nothing more than one or two indies.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Man, I'm gonna be annoyed if we have another event without TLOU2 MP.
Ghosts completely outclassed them. They've had a release and MP shadow-drop since TLOU2's release

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I think they will save some for their E3 conference. I expect Kena, Returnal, Ratchet and Horizon.

I think TLOU2 might be there but I highly doubt they will announce Factions in a small state of play like this. That might also be an E3 reveal.

There are only 10 games and they are bound to show some indie trash no one wants to play. i would love to see what they are cooking up over at SSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom