• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q2 FY2019 Results ($1.75B Profit, +8.6% YoY, Best Profit ever for Q2, PS4: 2.8m)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think it was just that we were quoting different things... one operating profit and other net... One of the guys above said anyway.
Correct.

The OP's list of financials has both.

Websites aren't always detailed in their news story since many wont detail charts or P/L statement, but instead just write paragraphs of recaps. Sometimes they'll state operating profit, some net profit, some will do both.

Sony needs to try and expand their business in other avenues to generate more profits. They haven't really done well on that post the PS3 years, and they are about to shut down their Vue TV streaming service.

I know it would be risky to jump back into laptops again, but they could try expanding in other technology sectors. Also they need to reboot their phone division, try to actually get along with carriers, and this time without being exclusive. Tier their phones better to the entry level isn't a dumpster fire phone after the consumer buys it.

I liked their product line-up when they still had retail stores but that got shattered during the PS3 years Technology is more popular than ever, they should be able to jump back in now that they have stabilized the company.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Sony keeps breaking records and pushing gaming forward...... Thanks Sony for PS4 and PSVR.... which have brought us the best games this gen.... I guess gamers rewards great games and Sony will do nothing more but continue to bring gamers the best games.....

And don't you dare think this gen is over either, some of Sony's best games have not even landed yet...... Probably it's best game this entire gen lands in May next year......This gaming train that is PS4, has so many offering plates to collect on the way... Sony has so much more profit and revenue to collect from the console juggernaut that is PS4......

Thanks to Cerny et al.... for providing great stable hardware this gen, from day 1.....
The cringe in that reply... sounds like what you’d hear in a religious gathering...

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Why did you not quote the other dude? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm playing with his trolling rules.
I could have quoted either of you, you were both acting like complete morons.

How this forum has gone down the shitter, it’s at a point where /v/ has better discussions on the games industry and the trolling there at least is funny...

Top Bottom