• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio establishes External Development Department

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Barakov

Gold Member
Huh. I wonder if it's to oversee projects from independent developers like Media Vision?
New Wild Arms?! It's a stretch, I know....

Perrott

Gold Member
The hell does this mean? A department for PC ports?
It means that the internal teams at Japan Studio (Toyama, Kouno, Iljima...) will not have to share resources and staff with other projects that are collaborations with third party studios (like Bloodborne for instance).

Now both the Internal and External Development Departments will have their own dedicated staff.
Huh. I wonder if it's to oversee projects from independent developers like Media Vision?
New Wild Arms?! It's a stretch, I know....
Well, over the last year there has been rumors about a new Wild Arms game in development according to DasVergeben and we know that MediaVision has been working for more than two years now on a PlayStation exclusive RPG.

Tarkus98

Would love to see a new WildArms come out.
Should be interesting to see the benefits play out from this new external branch.

Top Bottom