• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has reportedly held 1st and 3rd party announcements back for august state of play.

At this point I just feel like all the waiting and speculation is getting kind of corny lol

I was so hype about next gen threads and now its like ehh.

4-5 years*. To be honest I think MS should do the same for once lol.
Like crackdown? That turned out well. What about the last fable? Phantom dust?scalebound? Things that Microsoft show off for few years turn into vapor ware or crackdown 3. I mean if we only had 1 Sony franchise to cling to, it would get millions of views as well(wait they already do). Fortunately we got too many. And thankfully Sony games come out and do well consistently.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
How many studios they have left that could have something ready to show? I mean, something that will be released within the first year or two after PS5 launch, not 4-5 years from now? They obviously still have HFW and S-M:MM gameplays to show, some more details about GT7, maybe some more R&C footage, but anything really new? Most of their 1st party games were released just recently, somewhere in 2018-2020 so it's obviously way too early for their devs to show anything, maybe except for a CGI teaser trailer of what they are currently working on, while the studios that released their games earlier than that already announced their PS5 titles (PD, GG). So I don't know, I cannot imagine any new title from 1st party studios. So just show the actual gameplays and I'll be more than happy, I'm not interested in in-engine cut-scenes. From 3rd party I think we will see something from QD who are, at least a tech-demo like they did for the PS4.

Like crackdown? That turned out well. What about the last fable? Phantom dust?scalebound? Things that Microsoft show off for few years turn into vapor ware or crackdown 3. I mean if we only had 1 Sony franchise to cling to, it would get millions of views as well(wait they already do). Fortunately we got too many. And thankfully Sony games come out and do well consistently.

You mean like The Last Guardian that was first announced for PS3 in 2009 and turned out shit almost a decade later?

Or Like Deep Down, Eight Days, Agent or maybe like FF versus 13? 🤔

You mean like The Last Guardian that was first announced for PS3 in 2009 and turned out shit almost a decade later?

Or Like Deep Down, Eight Days, Agent or maybe like FF versus 13? 🤔
Oh please you wanna grab from the last millennia? Everything I mentioned was from xbox one gen. FFversus 13 came out as ff15 it’s 3rd party, like most on that list. Last guardian is a great game, your personal opinion doesn’t define everything man.Cmon you can do better.

Last edited:
Oh please you wanna grab from the last millennia? Everything I mentioned was from xbox one gen. FFversus 13 came out as ff15 it’s 3rd party, like most on that list. Last guardian is a great game, your personal opinion doesn’t define everything man.Cmon you can do better.

But your personal opinion means something?

And Scalebound was being developed by Platinum, a 3rd party studio.

My point is your argument 👎

Last edited:
But your personal opinion means something?

And Scalebound was being developed by Platinum, a 3rd party studio.

My point is your argument was 👎🏼
You’re too delusional. Go back to playing halo 1 remaster # 4 on game pass. Since 360 glory days is all you can remember. And let’s us Sony “fanboys” enjoy the newer games.

My point is you got no ammo to your argument. Trying to defend a terrible first party outing against one of the best the industry has ever seen. And always jumping back to halo safe space and coming crying in a Sony thread lol

shubik

How many studios they have left that could have something ready to show? I mean, something that will be released within the first year or two after PS5 launch, not 4-5 years from now? They obviously still have HFW and S-M:MM gameplays to show, some more details about GT7, maybe some more R&C footage, but anything really new? Most of their 1st party games were released just recently, somewhere in 2018-2020 so it's obviously way too early for their devs to show anything, maybe except for a CGI teaser trailer of what they are currently working on, while the studios that released their games earlier than that already announced their PS5 titles (PD, GG). So I don't know, I cannot imagine any new title from 1st party studios. So just show the actual gameplays and I'll be more than happy, I'm not interested in in-engine cut-scenes. From 3rd party I think we will see something from QD who are, at least a tech-demo like they did for the PS4.

I think there is more than enough left to show. We got Santa Monica Studio who are surely working on a new god of war, we got bend studios probably working on a new day gone, we have the new unannounced Sony studio cooking something up (maybe the Uncharted spinoff), we have ND and their Science fiction game, then there is the stand-alone The last of us multiplayer, we have the new japan games studio titles ( I think it was something science fiction related) etc.

I´m fairly confident that Sony will clap back with more games and price once Microsoft is done with their games event

You’re too delusional. Go back to playing halo 1 remaster # 4 on game pass. Since 360 glory days is all you can remember. And let’s us Sony “fanboys” enjoy the newer games.

My point is you got no ammo to your argument. Trying to defend a terrible first party outing against one of the best the industry has ever seen. And always jumping back to halo safe space and coming crying in a Sony thread lol

😴😴😴

ZZZZ

285604714101201.gif

What "arguments" am I supposed to counter? 😂 Please point them out.
Do I have to teach you to read now too? Man all these low calorie games from Microsoft really loosened some bolts didn’t it? My break is over but this was fun. Imma see you after the July showcase pal. Save it till then!

Do I have to teach you to read now too? Man all these low calorie games from Microsoft really loosened some bolts didn’t it? My break is over but this was fun. Imma see you after the July showcase pal. Save it till then!

Yeah just what I thought and what I said way earlier already. You have no arguments.

Keep those salt levels in check please after the July event, you're borderline overdosing already.

Yeah just what I thought and what I said way earlier already. You have no arguments.

Keep those salt levels in check please after the July event, you're borderline overdosing already.
I pointed out shit ton of vapor ware this gen, you scrounged the internet to find shit from decades ago most of which came out.
I pointed out how shitty crackdown 3 was and how good last guardian was based on general consensus and personal experience to which your reply was “😴😴😴” .Put your money where your mouth is, I’ll give you my gametag and psn ID so you can actually check I have played them only once you share yours. So I can verify you have played it and had a bad time and not just spouting nonsense.
That is how I had a valid argument and you had “ zzzzzzzzzzzzz common sense detected can not compute”. Yes I will see you after the showcase. Hopefully you guys get something. We already had 2 great exclusives this year and another one coming in the weeks.

Valentino

I truly think another Uncharted game will crop up. If not August, maybe December. I just watched behind the scenes for Lost Legacy and in each video they just allure so much to "so many stories to tell in this world". These came out back in 2017 too. And ND often reveal their next game fairly soon after a major release.

2009: Uncharted 2 releases >>>> 2010: Uncharted 3 gets revealed
2011: Uncharted 3 releases >>>> 2011: Last of Us gets revealed
2013: Last of Us releases >>>>> 2013: Uncharted 4 gets revealed
2016: Uncharted 4 releases >>>>> 2016: Uncharted Lost Legacy & Last of Us Part 2 revealed

So there's actually a likeable time period between ND's release game and some announcement

Kokoloko85

Should wait until we see the game. New staff .New Engine .Its a reboot of sorts.

For instance, Senior Designer/ lead combat designer on Horizon Zero Dawn (Troy Mashburn)is Gameplay Director/Lead Sandbox Designer on Halo Infinite.
Paul Crocker-Lead Narrative Designer at Rocksteady (Batman games) is the Narrative Director/Associate Creative Director on Halo Infinite.

Your still putting alot of weight on one game or a series of games, to close the gap of up to 50-60 million console units.

Alot of playstation fans arent going anywhere apart from PS5 even if Halo is a 10/10
People Left PS2 to go 360 for a host of reasons.
PS5 is not making the same mistakes.

Theres not much Xbox can do, its more about Playstation messing up

Last edited:

oldergamer

... by asking them usually. In that ask, there is probably some offer of promotion reach or some such. Maybe some premium placing on PS website or in the store. These companies do have decades long relationship at this point. They know what helps both parties in the long run.
I don't know. This sounds made up if you ask me. First party i can understand but third party seems strange unless its tied to something like VR

H . R . 2

I really admire Sony, every move they make is well-researched and planned. keep up the great work, Sony
(although! MS has proved a worthy opponent for the next generation)

Perrott

Gold Member
Why would you remaster Bloodborne? The graphics are still good and hold up? Just make bloodborne 2.
To fix the frame pacing issues, increase the framerate and give the game a boost in resolution, plus HDR support and QoL improvements... maybe even some sort of raytracing implementation!

Javthusiast

Banned
Pretty obvious and smart marketing strategy.

You don't shoot your entire load immediately, especially if your competition has their big gaming reveal event coming up. You keep some bombs to drop afterwards.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Japan Studio has three unannounced console projects in the works from creative directors Kouno, Toyama and Iijima - all of them ready to be shown. Then there is Arrowhead's new Sony-funded multiplayer coop game "Testament" - in development since 2016. There's also MediaVision - rumored to be working on a new Wild Arms game - and Michel Ancel's Wild Sheep Studio who are still hard at work on WiLD.

Edit: Oh! And the TLOU Factions thing that Naughty Dog's multiplayer team have been working on.

Could they be working on both SH and the new RaySpace?
Yes.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
ND has TLOU2 Factions in the works, GG is supposedly working on a multiplayer game alongside HFW (Killzone Breach?), there's Sony Japan Studios and probably some teams working on VR titles.
Maybe Insomniac is also working on a second project? Not sure.

And there's Kojima, who might very well be working on another Playstation exclusive.

ZywyPL

Banned
Japan Studio has three unannounced console projects in the works from creative directors Kouno, Toyama and Iijima - all of them ready to be shown. Then there is Arrowhead's new Sony-funded multiplayer coop game "Testament" - in development since 2016. There's also MediaVision - rumored to be working on a new Wild Arms game - and Michel Ancel's Wild Sheep Studio who are still hard at work on WiLD.

Studio Japan was the only one that did came to my mind, didn't know they have so much more ongoing projects, thx for the info :)

Tulipanzo

The rumours right now is for Silent Hill and BB Remaster, which would be pretty big, but also other Sony studios have projects in the works.

After all, Sony hasn't announced anything major since 2017, it makes sense they would have stuff under wraps.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
On one hand it's smart to hold some surprises back. On the other it will seem like a desperate response to MS showing especially if it's not ps5 launch titles!
There's nothing desperate about wanting to show that you have your fans covered for the near future and beyond

Top Bottom