• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has an opportunity for a drop the mic moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

sendit

omfys13.jpg
mic drop moment for you right here 😝

They got the franchise/IP but didn't acquire the talent. Similar to the Halo situation.

Last edited:
Rushing a highly-anticipated game for a "drop the mic moment" about which literally only fanboys and console warriors would care (or even recognize) would be oh, so smart. 😂

Delays and acquisitions truly make everyone a little dumber.
The game is announced for this year. If anything, Sony would probably be moving their date BACK.

So a mic drop moment for you is your company of choice spending billions to give access to its users a game they were already going to have access too?
No a mic drop to me is an industry shifting moment.

Start of ps4 era, xbox was fcking up with tv tv tv and no more used games.
Playstation jumped in and dominated that gen.

This gen.

Romulus

would be hilarious to be honest, no one would be talking about Xbox for the rest of the year if they did this

The only time we do talk about Xbox and its games is concerning the distant future. Seems that's been the theme for 10 years. Year after year of studio acquisitions with little to no substance.

Every year the talk is this...

MSStudiosX018_HERO_hero.0.jpg

By 2030, the chart will be so large that it will stretch across a football field, but no real mega hits to speak of. Just middling stuff.

kingfey

Banned
How do we know the game will be a rushed buggy mess of it releases this year?

I haven’t read any rumors about developmental issues BTW so this is new to me.
The game had late delay, due to covid safety.
I just want them to be sure about the date and the game is fully ready for release.

No a mic drop to me is an industry shifting moment.

Start of ps4 era, xbox was fcking up with tv tv tv and no more used games.
Playstation jumped in and dominated that gen.

This gen.

How is this situation different? Xbox fucking up by delaying every game and having nothing to release for an entire year and Sony poking fun and filling the slot XBox had with a Sony game. 1 of many they have released or will have released at that point. This also jabs at MS' acquisition spree with NOTHING to show for it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom