• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has an opportunity for a drop the mic moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

What time is it?
1nRgGD.gif

legacy24

would be hilarious to be honest, no one would be talking about Xbox for the rest of the year if they did this

Sony would essentially be saying, "dont worry xbros, i know you dont have a highly anticipated game from your system to fill this year long void but we gotcha covered. Welcome to Playstation."

11-11-22 was the Starfield release before the delay.

Last edited:
no. release god of war within the next few months and than a surprise Final Fantasy 16 release for november to round off a great year for sony. 2023 will be huge too because of Spider-Man 2. its a PS5 only title too which is even more exciting.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I would rather the game be polished. Dropping mic is stupid. You dont rush out a game like God of war.

If the game is buggy, then it will give MS the win, because delaying starfield would be the better scenario.

oldergamer

This is all assuming a few things. If ms doesn't have anything still planned for this fall ( which i doubt they have nothing ) i dont think a single release from sony is a mic drop moment.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sony could have followed up the Starfall delay just announcing their big show for June would have been a nice little dagger imo

CamHostage

Starfield was due to release 11-11-22

...The fact that this formerly-important big day in Xbox history has to be explained 20-30 posts into a thread made for PS fans, maybe that says a little to the OP about how much of a "mic drop" this would be for Sony?

Also, gamers who wanted to play Starfield aren't necessarily the ones who want to play God of War. It'd be a dick-swinging move for Sony, I guess. but it would do little to nothing for sales (PS gamers are already assuming this game is coming in 2022, as planned) and it would kind of slight God of War's importance in having it used as a pawn in the console wars rather than its own game of its own merits with its own release date to look forward to.

But, I don't know, I guess it would be funny?

Last edited:
I would rather the game be polished. Dropping mic is stupid. You dont rush out a game like God of war.

If the game is buggy, then it will give MS the win, because delaying starfield would be the better scenario.

How do we know the game will be a rushed buggy mess of it releases this year?

I haven’t read any rumors about developmental issues BTW so this is new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom