• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s rumoured July event may have been pushed to August - Blue Box reveal pushed to August

bitbydeath

Figured this deserved it’s own thread.

5lgACsH.jpg

Rumour lines up with the Blue Box reveal being pushed to August.

bitbydeath

They were meant to release the trailers on Tuesday. It came and went. Then it was Friday. Now it's August. Do you think Sony just pushed back a few days and then suddenly pushed back months at the last minute?

C'mon
No, you’re thinking of the app.
The playable trailer was to release at a later date.

CamHostage

Really good Sony pushed back their conference to accommodate for Hasan /s
Check out the tweeted content, not the headline; Blue Box's pushback to August was probably coincidence/strategic on their part to be part of Sony's also-pushed-back event. The rumor is not that Sony gave consideration of Blue Box when (if) it moved its date.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Do better next time Jim. Sign with Battlefield, not with COD.

lol maybe. I prefer BF, but Call Of Duty is a massive IP. I understand why they have that marketing deal.

I haven't jumped into a Call Of Duty in almost 10 years, but I agree with the move to have that deal to market Call Of Duties.

This is business. I myself being a massive PS fan and BF fan couldn't even agree to do a marketing deal with BF over Call Of Duty. Its not about what I feel personally, its about what the majority buys. The deal makes sense.

elliot5

Check out the tweeted content, not the headline; Blue Box's pushback to August was probably coincidence/strategic on their part to be part of Sony's also-pushed-back event. The rumor is not that Sony gave consideration of Blue Box when (if) it moved its date.
I know. That's why I put the /s

If Blue Box (hard if) shows up at some Sony event it will be the Goodbye Volcano High of the event

Umbasaborne

Banned
Lol and people says Microsoft's games aren't ready. Sony's games aren't even ready to show their trailers.
Yeah, but lets see how many new first party games sony has released on the ps5. 5, in the 7 months that the console has been out. Microsoft hasnt releaaed a single new first party game on series x/s yet. Dont know what the fuck theyve spent the past few years doing. Imagine not having any new games for your new console for almost its entire first year?!

decisions

Sure it’s 4chan but man it sounds believable. I mean what the hell is going on with this new COD. From the sound of it it will make Cold War look finished!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
August? The fall releases start coming out in late August every year. Should we start shorting Activision?

THEAP99

Banned
Anyone can guess this really. But if horizon is this year, then I think they'll announce the release date outside of state of play and not wait till September for that. Just a tweet like insomniac did with ratchet

Edit: but I thought Kojima said at GameFest we'd hear more in a few weeks

Last edited:

elliot5

Its not a partnered game. Sony is not in anyway involved with its development. Sony just probably have marketing rights.
I guess Marketing rights =/= partnered game.
No shit. They've been partnered with Activision to have cod marketing rights since PS4 started. It's a huge franchise so they will work around Activision while nothing's been announced by Sony.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I find it weird that Sony would push back their showcase to August since the Tsushima expansion has basically leaked and chances are, the showcase has already been recorded which means more of it could leak. I can't see Sony risking that for Call of Duty and definitely not for Abandoned. lol.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I find it weird that Sony would push back their showcase to August since the Tsushima expansion has basically leaked and chances are, the showcase has already been recorded which means more of it could leak. I can't see Sony risking that for Call of Duty and definitely not for Abandoned. lol.

i could totally see them risking it for call of duty since it’s probably one of if not the most profitable IPs on their platform

elliot5

But its not a "Partnered Game"
homie it's not a sony published game. I get that. it's still a business partnership. Where did the notion that I said it's some sort of Sony funded project? I compared it to MS and EA with battlefield. Who would argue MS and EA don't have a partnership with Battlefield?

yurinka

I call this bullshit. If Sony wants to make a big event in June and there's a game like that can't be there on time, they just skip that game and maybe replace it with another one.

Then that game gets moved back to the next Sony event. If it can't wait until the next one, let's say September, and it's a big one like CoD then they can make a game specific State of Play in July, August or whenever it's ready.

And no, Abandoned delayed stuff doesn't mean a shit for Sony's plans. It's just a random indie game, Sony won't show it on their big event.

August? September would be more believable, but why August?
Because it's just a fake rumor that doesn't make sense. You could say Sony would put it on Gamescom. But if they want to have their own event outside E3 to get more attention, then for the same reason they would to avoid Gamescom too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
i could totally see them risking it for call of duty since it’s probably one of if not the most profitable IPs on their platform
Even if it's not on their showcase, it still would be so it doesn't matter. I don't want the showcase to start leaking everywhere and I want to see the Tsushima expansion so im hoping that Sony doesn't postpone it.

I doubt there will be an event, I bet they show Horizon FB again and then announce the release date and that will be it for the year.

This is already an impression year 1 for the PS5:
Returnal
R&C Rift apart
Horizon FB
Final Fantasy 7 remake PS5
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Deathloop

I doubt there will be an event, I bet they show Horizon FB again and then announce the release date and that will be it for the year.

This is already an impression year 1 for the PS5:
Returnal
R&C Rift apart
Horizon FB
Final Fantasy 7 remake PS5
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Deathloop

There better be an event.

I want to see a 1st party next-gen (not cross gen) roadmap similar to what we have for Microsoft.

Top Bottom