• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s rumoured July event may have been pushed to August - Blue Box reveal pushed to August

TheBomb

I'm still wondering why we haven't seen the graphical enhancements for Witcher 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5 for the next generation consoles.

nbkicker

Cod can just go out as its own event, if sony cant have a event at the min cause of missing out on two , three to five min traillers, especially when one is a Multiplatform game then there seriously is gonnna be a big drought of games coming from sony

Shubh_C63

Can't imagine what disaster the 2021 Cod is going to be.
Didn't activision themselves said Cod-2021 is going tough in production at the moment. (or was it a leak ?)

No fret. 2021 gonna bomb, we will make it up with mobile and 2022-CoD. Probably Activision.
Because I do not see how they can match up with BF2042 for this holiday.

Lmao I remember when almost 2 decades ago 4chan had their rules that members try to abide by.

Fucking now 4chan is so widely known and mainstream, which is hilarious to me.

Hilarious because almost 20 years ago I actually abided by those rules, like the dumb dumb I was, because it felt like a secret online club at the time.

Or maybe that was a /b thing, I cant remember anymore.

But yeah, funny how times change.

Kerotan

Cod can just go out as its own event, if sony cant have a event at the min cause of missing out on two , three to five min traillers, especially when one is a Multiplatform game then there seriously is gonnna be a big drought of games coming from sony
Activision might be cool with only revealing the next cod in August.

Maybe they've a live event planned at the end of this season in like 50 days to reveal it the way they did black ops.

And maybe sony wanted their event to coincide with the COD reveal so delayed their event till then. And not like anything happened at e3 that is forcing their hand.

Three

Sony peeps are feeling lonely that none of their xbox brethren are showing up to shit up in this thread??

They are setting up an example of gentlemanly nature.

OYJMTw8.gif
I don't know what this post is but I think it has some irony in it.

I feel Sony should take their time to put on a great show for us all, especially after Microsoft's brilliant show, its nice to look at up and coming games from both companies.

sublimit

Banned
I wasn't expecting a show from them in June-July and i don't expect one in August either.

Sony doesn't really have any reason to show anything especially after MS's lackluster E3 show.PS5 is selling like a train and they keep releasing quality exclusive games.

At best they will have a State of Play during summer and i expect a proper conference from them around December.

SkylineRKR

Sate of Play is not the event for such big games, so thats bullshit. And it also makes no sense to unveil it on PSX. I think Vanguard will be announced in Warzone tbh.

Bartski

Gold Member
Sony delaying the event just to premiere multiplat COD stuck in development hell? Press X for doubt.

whyman

Because of COD might be true but BB has nothing to do with this. Imo it's a scam. The dude already published a shitty Steam game and all those apps. Anyway it's unrelated imo.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I can see Hermen Hulst and Jimbo making such dumb decision though.

It really depends on how much they have invested in the co-promotion/exclusive content deal. Whatever you may think of CoD, its a very big and consistent seller so it may figure largely in Sony''s plans and forecasts for the next year.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I call this bullshit. If Sony wants to make a big event in June and there's a game like that can't be there on time, they just skip that game and maybe replace it with another one.

Then that game gets moved back to the next Sony event. If it can't wait until the next one, let's say September, and it's a big one like CoD then they can make a game specific State of Play in July, August or whenever it's ready.

And no, Abandoned delayed stuff doesn't mean a shit for Sony's plans. It's just a random indie game, Sony won't show it on their big event.

Because it's just a fake rumor that doesn't make sense. You could say Sony would put it on Gamescom. But if they want to have their own event outside E3 to get more attention, then for the same reason they would to avoid Gamescom too.
CoD is a major game for Sony to reveal. Like the biggest game. The userbase buying CoD every year is unmatched. Only game that comes close to is FIFA.

Sony needs an answer to BF2042 - and the only answer is CoD.

Abandoned is funded by Sony, so it's a guarantee we'll hear more from it at PSX - whatever it is.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think people should really lower their expectations for this event.

Covid has fucked game production. That’s why E3 was so terrible. Sony will have been just as affected.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I think people should really lower their expectations for this event.

Covid has fucked game production. That’s why E3 was so terrible. Sony will have been just as affected.
So we will use the covid excuse for Sony every year I see instead of the obvious which is incompetence.

It is weird how covid didn’t affect Microsoft and they had one of the their best E3.

Three

So we will use the covid excuse for Sony every year I see instead of the obvious which is incompetence.

It is weird how covid didn’t affect Microsoft and they had one of the their best E3.
I don't buy the covid excuse either but you're kidding me with this. All I ever hear is how covid affected Microsoft's game output. Their E3 wasn't mind blowing, it was average. E3 this year was terrible but that's a discussion for another time.

SLB1904

Banned
Lol and people says Microsoft's games aren't ready. Sony's games aren't even ready to show their trailers.
Microsoft show a bunch of cgi from games that aren't even in production (hellblade) and from a game that don't even have a concept art (outer worlds)

I wouldn't call that ready to show

Edit:hellblade wasn't all cgi. It was mostly drones pictures and videos of iceland

Last edited:

b6a6es

Banned
No one needs COD in 2021
There is BF, Halo and even Warzone if you want to play COD.

Incredible how Activision killed premium COD
Actually, Cold War sold incredibly well (far exceeded Activision’s expectations) due to promotions in Warzone

it’s a clever business strategy imo

yurinka

CoD is a major game for Sony to reveal. Like the biggest game. The userbase buying CoD every year is unmatched. Only game that comes close to is FIFA.

Sony needs an answer to BF2042 - and the only answer is CoD.

Abandoned is funded by Sony, so it's a guarantee we'll hear more from it at PSX - whatever it is.
Yes, CoD is one of the biggest games of the year every year for Sony. But if they have secured the marketing deal they don't give a fuck which day or where they announce it.

They don't need to answer to Battlefield, because Battlefield is a multiplatform game that will primarly sell on PlayStation.

Abandonded is a PS5, which doesn't mean it's funded by Sony. Many small indie games release their games on a single console at launch because they don't have time, money, people or experience to release it on more at the same time. Only the top selling people get moneyhatted to be exclusive. Random, unknown indie devs like BlueBox (unless Blue Box is Kojima or Bluepoint) don't.

I also have more some super insider secret info: BREAKING NEWS, NINTENDO IS WORKING IN MORE MARIO, ZELDA AND POKEMON GAMES! AND YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT, THE SKY IS BLUE!

Sony releases way more games than MS, sell way more than MS, get rated way higher than MS, win more awards than MS. MS still has to release a great next gen exclusive, Sony released like half a dozen next gen only exclusives plus several great crossgen ones. All the games MS announced to be released after Halo and Forza only shown a CGs and some of them still aren't in production. Sony sells more consoles, more games for their consoles and make more money with their games subscriptions than MS. And all of this after MS spent over a dozen Billion dollars purchasing studios and IPs.

If one of the two is incompetent, it isn't Sony.

I can see Hermen Hulst and Jimbo making such dumb decision though.
Hermen is in charge of 1st party games and CoD is a 3rd party game, so has nothing to do with this. Jimbo is the CEO, he isn't involved on marketing stuff like deciding which games are shown in a specific State of Play or which day CoD decides to announce their game.

The maximum involvement with them here would be Jimbo signing a marketing deal with CoD that would be like the leaked REVIII marketing deal document but with for higher amount of money. In that document Sony says they will support the marketing in their events, blog or social media channels. That's all, they don't specify the game will be announced this or that day, here or there.

They only want the game to be associated with their platform in the trailers, to have it on their channels and events, to have priority for possible betas/dlcs/subscription services and so on.

In any case, to partner with CoD is a great idea because every year is one of the best selling console & PC games of the year.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
4chan rumors are 50/50.

A single, 3rd party game delaying an entire PlayStation-focused showcase that has supposedly been in the planning for months?
Yea I'm calling bullshit.

Top Bottom