• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s Project Q Factory Leaked Images

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I still can't believe this is the best Sony, the company that made the beautiful Vita, could come up with. It looks so incredibly DIY, like someone broke a DualSense in two and attached the pieces to a small tablet. It doesn't look like a cohesively designed whole.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I am so interested in this thing but man it is ugly as balls 😅🤣.

Really curious how it'll work cause I tried remote play with my android and it was absolute shit. Unplayable.

Dualsense cost 89 cad, 99 usd for the whole thing? Y'all ignorant. 150 minimum. Screens don't cost 20 bucks.

Crazy talk.

There are plenty of tablets on the market under $100 that have high quality screens, larger screens than this thing and do far more than just stream games.

Looks diabolical.

Who in their right mind would purchase this over one of those phone brackets for controllers?

If I used remote play on a regular basis I'd buy it. Using one of those janky ass phone bracket controllers is the equivalent of buying ebay parts for your car instead of OEM lol.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
the screen. The Dualsense's ergonomics are passable. But when you add a screen to it there's a whole other set of things you have to account for like weight distribution and usability.

I guess that seems really hard to gage from a video/pics. You could end up being right.

What I do know, is that the Nintendo Switch is a nightmare for adults to use and I've wondered "Why doesn't Nintendo just give us a real controller, cut it in half, and jam a screen inbetween" for 6 years now. Sony seems to have thought of the same thing...and I'm a genius so...

Time will tell.

Imtjnotu

Let's say it does turn on...

It doesn't work without a PS5 connected to it...

You can throw in the garbage without it

This device is basically the Wii U GamePad for PS5
A game pad that somehow shouldn't be more than $99😂

Yall have lost your damn minds

Killer8

It looks acceptable for what it is. I'm not sold on the idea but if it's priced reasonably then it's pretty inoffensive if there is an audience for it.

In an ideal world i'd like to see a premium Sony handheld running Steam OS. They basically would barely need to support the device beyond making their PC ports play nicely on it.

Unknown?

it's a remote play console, not a digital only console. one that requires a PS5 already.

acting like kids are all going to be running around their schools after their parents dropped $700 or more in total seems a bit over ambitious an idea but we'll see

thank you for proving my point that remote play on a laptop already exists and is free compared to dropping money on a device that does the same thing. It was kind of the point i was making all along
Where are your free laptops?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I still can't believe this is the best Sony, the company that made the beautiful Vita, could come up with. It looks so incredibly DIY, like someone broke a DualSense in two and attached the pieces to a small tablet. It doesn't look like a cohesively designed whole.

The Vita was (POOP EMOJI) to use though. Who wants to go back to using those god awful vita sticks?

midnightAI

If you want the controls to function exactly like a dualsense (and why wouldnt you) then surely what this should be is literally a dualsense with a screen, which is exactly what it is. I honestly dont get the hate about the design, seems like the perfect solution to me.

At least they didnt go the Switch route which is god-awful.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you want the controls to function exactly like a dualsense (and why wouldnt you) then surely what this should be is literally a dualsense with a screen, which is exactly what it is. I honestly dont get the hate about the design, seems like the perfect solution to me.

Sure. But it still looks damn ugly and hacked together, surely they could have made it look a bit nicer while still keeping the DualSense feel.

fart town usa

Gold Member
À

I wish it was straight up WiiU gamepad but dual sense.

I'm in the market for Project Q but I gotta see DF analysis first.

Chronicle

Totally interested. This is like another Switch for the house. My little girls could use this. Yup I bought Peppa Pig on Both!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can’t wait to hear more about this. Not because I’m excited about what has been revealed, but because surely we must all be missing something significant about this device to justify its existence.

odhiex

If it is indeed an Android OS tablet then sure. I wouldn't mind buying it at $299. If it is for remote play only, I would only consider it at $149-199.

Sony cares about function over form.

They want to retain close to an exact 1:1 controller experience with a decently sized screen. Yeah, it's going to look a little awkward with those constraints.

Same reason why PS5 looks large. They cared about highest power with the cheapest cost.

Yep. Exactly. See my point above.

People that are in the market for this type of device will care about the quality of the experience, not what it looks like.

NinjaBoiX

Would I be able to achieve EXACTLY what this thing does with a tablet and a dualsense?

Like, is there proprietary firmware in this thing to improve the experience?

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Would I be able to achieve EXACTLY what this thing does with a tablet and a dualsense?

Like, is there proprietary firmware in this thing to improve the experience?
It mostly depends on your tablet's wifi chipset.

Also, 5Ghz is better than 2.4Ghz.

Button configuration is all messed up on Android when it comes to the Dualsense due to Google.

Everything works fine on an iPad (i.e , joypad/haptics/connection speed etc).

PS : syncing the DS to the tablet and then having to re-sync it to your PS5 via the USB cable is always a pain in the ass

PS2 : using an Xbox controller (or Dualshock) works fine when it comes to the button config. on Android but then you obviously lose the Dualsense's touchpad functionality

Last edited:

Unknown?

this device only works with a PS5, you don't need that for a laptop to work, i thought that was obvious.
"remote play on a laptop already exists and is free compared to dropping money on a device that does the same thing"

Implies that someone already has a laptop and they didn't pay for it because it most certainly isn't free.

DaGwaphics

Seems like it should be $199 max, though $150 would be better.

They will certainly sell this thing at a profit so probably aren't all that concerned about the sales numbers on it. If they allow it to support PS+ Premium streaming vs. just the local streaming I can see it being a useful device for some people. Certainly niche, but nothing wrong with the idea.

I'm honestly more interested in the coming earbuds. MS needs to steal that idea from Xbox.

Last edited:

Brock2621

I suppose I could see myself getting one of these purely for nighttime bed gaming. If it can remotely turn on the PlayStation, connect and stream with wireless earbuds then I could do this while family and wife sleeps. Kinda depends on pricing…

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I see no reason why this will be almost PS5 price. It will be not more then 200 euros. I can see them bringing full streaming from PS+ Premium in the future not that the next PS5 update will get PS5 game streaming.

It's just a matter of time.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is no different than a digital only console.

This is extremely different than a digital only console.

A Logitech G Cloud, for example, is standalone and doesn't require any other hardware to play games on it.

This, from what we know, is a dedicated remote play device only and will be useless unless you also own a PS5.

This is extremely different than a digital only console.

A Logitech G Cloud, for example, is standalone and doesn't require any other hardware to play games on it.

This, from what we know, is a dedicated remote play device only and will be useless unless you also own a PS5.

I have been trying to explain this for a few hours... Maybe you will have better luck...

AmuroChan

It's probably from the same team that made the PS Classic.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There are scenarios where sony project Q is useful, also many will worry about the price that many disagree with and my issue is mobile gaming use to be the heart of Nintendo, producing gameboy color, sp, ds etc. now handhelds are struggling since the hybrid Wii U, switch movement. You end up with a struggling device that’s the jack of all trades and the master of none. Steam tackled this issue with the deck, and has pledge to keep mobile gaming alive.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I suppose I could see myself getting one of these purely for nighttime bed gaming. If it can remotely turn on the PlayStation, connect and stream with wireless earbuds then I could do this while family and wife sleeps. Kinda depends on pricing…
If its priced right $199 cap for me I could see myself throwing them some money to do the same, get int a little gaming laying in bed when I can't sleep

Top Bottom