• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s Project Q Factory Leaked Images

Loxus

it's a remote play console, not a digital only console. one that requires a PS5 already.

acting like kids are all going to be running around their schools after their parents dropped $700 or more in total seems a bit over ambitious an idea but we'll see

thank you for proving my point that remote play on a laptop already exists and is free compared to dropping money on a device that does the same thing. It was kind of the point i was making all along
You are just negative.

Kilau

sleepy-gamer-2.jpg
Maybe if it also did cloud streaming but a dedicated device for something in your home seems silly when we have other options.

drotahorror

I'll buy 1 if it's $100. Yeah fuckin right, you already know this is going to be minimum $200 and most likely $300. Even logitech's crappy streaming portable is $300.

When $400 gets you a steamdeck that can do all the remote play (PS5 included) AND play many games natively, it's a rough sell at $300 and even $200 to me.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I don't understand the criticism. This looks like the most comfortable, best playing handheld in history. The Switch is a nightmare to hold for adults but this thing is getting sh*t on by people?
Steam Deck exists and looks far more comfy while not looking like you cut a controller in half and glued it together.

Many people have been saying that the Deck is incredibly comfortable
better not be anymoe than $69.
FIFY :3

HELL YES
LETS GO
DAY ONE

Haters and idiots don’t see the appeal but remote play device that has all haptics of PS5 controllers and reliable connection based on Android so you’ll probs be able to hack it and put things like moonlight on it.

Boom amazing device.

Piss off nerds who don’t understand but will happily pay for an OLED switch when they have the base one.

Rise up PLAYSTATION KINGS.

🙄 give me a break

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Steam Deck exists and looks far more comfy while not looking like you cut a controller in half and glued it together.

Many people have been saying that the Deck is incredibly comfortable
People think the Steamdeck has better ergonomics than the Dualsense? I've not heard that one.

Edit: Wait, how does the Steamdeck "looks far more comfy"? I'm perplexed by that statement.

Still, I don't get the looks issue. Who cares what it looks like when you're focused on playing your game?

I get the "It's just a remote play" device criticism. I don't get the looks criticism.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
So call me a shill but I kind of like the idea behind the design here - it's a PS5 streaming system, so they are just saying that upfront with the design and making it very clear. That said, it looks horrible but I get it. That said I really don't know why someone would buy this outside of the old Wii U use case and, well, we know how that went.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
What a waste bargain bin fodder

Sony saw the 10s of similar devices that sold and was like I need a piece of those dozen users…

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
$150 cdn and I'll bite. Screen are cheap these days right? No way this thing costs much for them to make.

Of course these idiots will go $300 with a year of ps+ extra or premium.

Last edited:

Aenima

This thing can be nice if less than 200$ and jailbroken. If its running on android it makes it much more interesting and easier to hack and unlock alot of potencial.

Last edited:
The back bone one with no screen or any dual sense features is $99 and yall think adding an 8 inch screen is going to be free.

None of yall understand how pricing actually works 😂

If they actually want to sell it, they better keep the price as low as possible....

This is a device that REQUIRES a $500 console to even turn on....

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Edit: Wait, how does the Steamdeck "looks far more comfy"? I'm perplexed by that statement.
large handles for your hands to properly cradle the controller, large controller areas meaning minimal cramps, control scheme follows the natural arc of your thumbs (they're not placed vertically like in the Switch), they're far closer together too so you'd have an easier time reaching them as opposed to the Dualsense where you'd have to stretch your thumbs to reach the thumbstick.

Not to mention having a bottom area for the controllers where your ring finger and pinky would rest helps you feel at ease, holding the controller grips would feel weird and not secure especially when you've got the weight of a tablet between your two hands.

SenkiDala

I mean the Logitech G Cloud is basically the same thing, for 359€, and it is fine. But because it is a Sony device it should be 99€ max ?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Imagine if we could hack this and use it for emulators.

It's a kind of Android, so you will probably have people rooting it within days, but it's yet to be seen what Android chip and memory configuration is actually on there.

I mean the Logitech G Cloud is basically the same thing, for 359€, and it is fine. But because it is a Sony device it should be 99€ max ?

The G Cloud is a standalone device, this (Project Q) needs you to also own a PS5 so you can remote play off of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

nial

Gold Member
They really could turn this into a legit handheld if they offer to sell and access your own PSP and Vita games. But to quote Jim Ryan "wHy WoUlD aNyOnE pLaY oLd GaMeS. tHeY lOoK aNcIeNt."
I agree with the idea, but you do realize they're re-releasing old PSP games on the store, right? Using that quote is getting so old.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
large handles for your hands to properly cradle the controller, large controller areas meaning minimal cramps, control scheme follows the natural arc of your thumbs (they're not placed vertically like in the Switch), they're far closer together too so you'd have an easier time reaching them as opposed to the Dualsense where you'd have to stretch your thumbs to reach the thumbstick.

Not to mention having a bottom area for the controllers where your ring finger and pinky would rest helps you feel at ease, holding the controller grips would feel weird and not secure especially when you've got the weight of a tablet between your two hands.

Is your issue with the Dualsense itself, or do you think the screen creates new comfort issues?

Imtjnotu

If they actually want to sell it, they better keep the price as low as possible....

This is a device that REQUIRES a $500 console to even turn on....
The device turns on with or with out a console

But if you really think it should be $99 more power too you

The device turns on with or with out a console

But if you really think it should be $99 more power too you

Let's say it does turn on...

It doesn't work without a PS5 connected to it...

You can throw in the garbage without it

This device is basically the Wii U GamePad for PS5

Last edited:

Zok310

Banned
100%

I love using Remote Play but this is absurd. It just doesn’t fit anywhere and its purpose it’s already done by smartphones, tablets and PCs.

The price is also going to be ridiculous. Even if it’s $149 just get a Switch Lite! You can play games and don’t need another $400 console to use it!
Haptics controller and triggers are not on phones, and pads.

SenkiDala

You can't sell an accessory like a stand-alone device...

That's a basic rule....
I agree but it cannot be 359€ for the Logitech and 99/129€ for the Sony thing...

I don't see this thing being less than 199/249€, at the very least. I mean they're selling plastic controllers at 249€, so...

Killjoy-NL

This is for those who have access to Wi-Fi at home, work or school, which allows them to play their PS5 games without being at a TV.

I expect Sony to launch a streaming only version of PS Plus along with this.

It's amazing how some fail to see the concept of this device.
The haters are probably mostly teens/young adults living at home and/or single/in LAT-relationship.

I can imagine people with a family of their own seeing more benefits to this product.

I also highly doubt Sony expects Project Q to fly off the shelves like Switch.

Last edited:
The Logitech G-Cloud at least can be used as an Android emulation machine (the screen is pretty ok btw). Do we have the specs for project Q?

pasterpl

Wondering if it is android, will it have play store and with that will it allow xcloud and geforce now

btw. This looks a bit fake to me but who knows.

Apocryphon

Why are people saying it looks fake? It was announced at the May showcase. We already know what it looks like.

Are we talking about the UI?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Is your issue with the Dualsense itself, or do you think the screen creates new comfort issues?
the screen. The Dualsense's ergonomics are passable. But when you add a screen to it there's a whole other set of things you have to account for like weight distribution and usability.

Top Bottom