• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm VR reportedly removed from PlayStation Store due to poor game quality

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sony’s gaming division has canceled the release of the shooter Bulletstorm VR on the PlayStation Store. Players who purchased the shooter began receiving messages about refunds.

Apparently, players believe that Sony’s decision is related to the quality of the Bulletstorm VR port on PlayStation. Judging by the reviews, the game works very poorly: there are problems with both the stability of the build and the quality of the picture.

OnyNOqkF_amp_wide.jpg

The notice sent out by Sony calls Bulletstorm VR an unfinished project. The company did not specify how the game was able to be released on the PS Store; All projects must be tested by Sony.

Source 1

Source 2

diffusionx

Gold Member
Watch some videos, it just looks like a complete shit show. It's worse on the Quest. The enemies don't even have shadows. It looks like Haze on PS3.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Who was responsible for the port? I heard the Switch version was pretty decent at 30 fps, so I don't think it should have been an impossible technical challenge to get this running at higher framerate and resolution for PSVR.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Who was responsible for the port? I heard the Switch version was pretty decent at 30 fps, so I don't think it should have been an impossible technical challenge to get this running at higher framerate and resolution for PSVR.
It's a dev called Incuvo.

They've worked on Layers of Fear VR, Green Hell VR, and Blair Witch VR.

Ribi

Watch some videos, it just looks like a complete shit show. It's worse on the Quest. The enemies don't even have shadows. It looks like Haze on PS3.
What you got against haze?!

Someone mentioned that the PC VR version is better and was in a different pipeline from the quest/psvr one and should look miles better.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Did people can fly port this themselves? I’ve found everything they touch is rancid dog shit, and in this day and age where studios are shut down with one misstep it’s actually surprising they are still around.

Crayon

What you got against haze?!

Someone mentioned that the PC VR version is better and was in a different pipeline from the quest/psvr one and should look miles better.

This bullshit happened with green hell, I think. Why are they using a warmed over quest version for psvr2? PSVR2 has so much more power to work with you'd think it's a no-brainer to use a pc version if it exists.

The best thing about psvr2 is getting vr games with ... hate to say it .... good graphics. The most interesting games are RE8 and GT7 largely because they appear so close to the flat graphics. They are good full games but if the graphics were pared down this hard, they would not be nearly as well regarded.

If a game is only developed for quest, then hey I have no problem with a mild coat of paint but when there's a pc version it's quite frustrating.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Quite frankly, Sony has been far too laxed over poor releases on PSVR2. There’s been some incredible games, but far too many have been released in an abysmal state.
Furthermore, there isn’t anywhere near enough announcements of exciting games on the horizon and the fact that the majority of PSVR1 games haven’t been brought into PSVR2 ecosystem is a damn shame.

Markio128

God giveth Verigo 2 in one hand, and Bulletstorm VR in the other.

Saying that, I believe Vertigo 2 has a couple of minor issues, but nothing on this scale.

It’s a shame because I’ve been looking forward to Bulletstorm VR.

AGRacing

The perfect encapsulation of how it feels to a be a PSVR2 owner in 2024.

Sony is paying so much attention that they mistakenly approved what they now consider to be a broken game.

coffinbirth

shut up play beat saber
(resi 4 remake is dope)
Yeah, that was comfort food about FIVE YEARS AGO...

RE4 VR is very good, but is a one and done experience for me, and it was crickets prior to that...and now, looking ahead into a nonexistent release schedule. Tiger Blade looks interesting, I guess.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sounds like they fucked this up on all platforms. A few modders with some hacks can get 100's of UE4+ games working but these guys, with actual access to the game code make this?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah, that was comfort food about FIVE YEARS AGO...

RE4 VR is very good, but is a one and done experience for me, and it was crickets prior to that...and now, looking ahead into a nonexistent release schedule. Tiger Blade looks interesting, I guess.
for me, great reply btw.
I paid for a racing chair and some good wheels brakes (loadcell) and a shifter.
for racing fans this vr headset is the tits.

if you don't like racing this thing is absolutely not worth it

everybody that tells you otherwise is a fucking fanboy and lacks vr experience

Last edited:

omegasc

Watched the trailer on PSN by chance and found it very poor. Absent shadows made it look very weird to me.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Smart move. Now if we could only convince Nintendo to keep the garbage off thier estore. (There's about a 1000)

Jesb

PSVR looks like a waste of money right now. Where are the big games from Sony. Are they even supporting this ?

Top Bottom