• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something wild is going on, and ive tried to contact the moderation team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It's an homage guys, come on. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

warfighterpc07.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Eighteen pages.

Spongebob Squarepants Smile GIF by Xbox

Well, maybe with a little more effort we can get it to 20 pages before the weekend ends.

I had an absolutely banging burger from burger King today. Some, Angus burger meal two for 12.99 fed me and the little one and it was reet tasty so it was!

Also, my quest 3 arrives Tuesday so let's get pumping!

pasterpl

This is highly debatable depending on what specifically is on display, TBH.

But overall, both games look very good. Neither's wildly outperforming the other in visuals, really.

Thread must've gone live!
If you ignore photogrammetry I rt sure, they sometimes look comparable. Overall FM looks better.

btw. Is Sony lier now? People saying that gt7 was developed with ps4 in mind and this is limiting it while Sony themselves said it was created for ps5, and initially was announced as ps5 exclusive if memory serves me well.

off-topic; when Spider-Man 2 releases some people will be amazed by its graphics eventhough it looks in some section like cross-gen game. But neogaf is skewed heavily towards Sony so no Surprise.

graywolf323

Funny how he pretended to not be such a fanboy / shill on here

With Twitter he’s gone full toxic and people aren’t allowed to have an opinion

Sad little dude
I mean that’s the standard play by some of the worst on here, we often see posts claiming that they’ve owned all the PlayStation systems but this gen (for some inexplicable reason though they usually cite GamePass) they went with Xbox instead and they’re loving it

but as know from HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 most of them are likely being ‘paid’ for this with GamePass subs and other stuff, it’s really sad that 4 gens in Xbox is still massively relying on astroturfers

but as know from HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 most of them are likely being ‘paid’ for this with GamePass subs and other stuff, it’s really sad that 4 gens in Xbox is still massively relying on astroturfers

That's definitely not every Xbox fan but it's pretty obvious which ones constantly try to sell us gamepass. It's beyond annoying at this point.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
That's definitely not every Xbox fan but it's pretty obvious which ones constantly try to sell us gamepass. It's beyond annoying at this point.
Are they pushing GamePass because:

1) They are getting MS kickbacks?
2) They legitimately believe it's a good value proposition?
3) They like to see people get annoyed when they do so?
4) Combination of the above or something else?

The world may never know.

Thirty7ven

Banned
btw. Is Sony lier now? People saying that gt7 was developed with ps4 in mind and this is limiting it while Sony themselves said it was created for ps5, and initially was announced as ps5 exclusive if memory serves me well.

L O L

People been calling them liars since the whole cross gen stunt but now that it suits your narrative they are saints.

If GT7 had been developed with only the PS5 in mind it wouldn’t have come out on PS4, and running at 60fps.

Trying to get cute now, suddenly it’s hard to tell cross gen games from non cross gen games.

Last edited:

As someone who works in the industry I can assure you that it's just a myth for someone to pay you money to go to random internet forums and write praising posts about a X or Y product.

If that actually existed, you'd see it a lot more often. Also, a lot of people tend to be insecure so they have to make sure that they purchase and the choice they've made with their plastic box or even a car or whatever it might be is validated by other people. This way, they have no buyers remorse and now they feel secure about their choice. Basically, it's just a bunch of degenerates with no self confidence and childish behavior.

Then there are people who do legimately like a service or a product, but when everyone is posting everything on the web at same time it all blends in and it's near impossible to tell what is genuine and what isn't.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
As someone who works in the industry I can assure you that it's just a myth for someone to pay you money to go to random internet forums and write praising posts about a X or Y product.
As someone who knows a few pretty high ranking people in the industry I can assure you that especially Xbox sends gifts to people to do that very thing.

One person doing it here is not going to get the job done but if you do it across multiple sites and have a large enough following on Social Media you will get rewarded

Plus as I have mentioned before I have receipts to back up my claims (or the mods would not let me push that narrative)

Thirty7ven

Banned

If that actually existed, you'd see it a lot more often. Also, a lot of people tend to be insecure so they have to make sure that they purchase and the choice they've made with their plastic box or even a car or whatever it might be is validated by other people. This way, they have no buyers remorse and now they feel secure about their choice. Basically, it's just a bunch of degenerates with no self confidence and childish behavior.

Then there are people who do legimately like a service or a product, but when everyone is posting everything on the web at same time it all blends in and it's near impossible to tell what is genuine and what isn't.

You consider yourself a journalist yet you’re trying to tell us astroturfers don’t exist? Or that brand ambassadors don’t exist?

People who don’t get paid money get paid in goodies. And those who can’t get paid in either money or goodies, still have the option of getting paid in access.

Making yourself sound like you don’t know shit about the industry.

You consider yourself a journalist yet you’re trying to tell us astroturfers don’t exist? Or that brand ambassadors don’t exist?

People who don’t get paid money get paid in goodies. And those who can’t get paid in either money or goodies, still have the option of getting paid in access.

Making yourself sound like you don’t know shit about the industry.
I own a company with employees and run my own business on top of doing freelancing and social media advertising for a variety of small/medium people. What is your point you are trying to prove here? You are a random internet web forum user that is trying to tell someone who they are? Sounds like super insecurity and self projection. Drop the passive aggressive act because you are not very good at hiding it.

Brand ambassadors do exist, but those are usually labeled and you have to legally declare that you are an ambassador and that you get commission if someone purchases something off an affiliate link.

Our company is an Amazon affiliate we have people who support us and buy both physical and digital games via our online store. That is the closest thing we do to making money via sales and the only thing we may promote in our written reviews and also writren pre-order guides. Sometimes, we shove the links into a top 10 list for an upcoming month of game releases. It is a smart tactic and usually gets people to purchase the product. The commission is very small and relies heavily on quantity sales rather than a one time purchase.

Other than that, we've never done any paid ads or been approached for any kind of marketing web poster or a banner ad from any video game companies. But that might be because our social media following is not as big as someone like IGN or Gamespot.

The most common paid advertising you'll see from video companies are usually in a form of a sponsored youtube videos such as Raid Shadow Legends or some other big know mobile games.

Obviously, it's up to you to decide if you want to agree to it and make a video on it. I don't know exactly how much they pay but I did hear it's a couple of grand a month and you'd have to be an idiot not to take it. At the end of the day, any kind of company company that exists is simply existing for the sole purpose of making some sort of an income.

Also, I would appericiate if you'd drop down your condescending attitude. I am willing to talk, but if you keep up with sarcastic responses and mr know it all attitude then I am afraid I won't have any interest in speaking with you.

Last edited:
As someone who knows a few pretty high ranking people in the industry I can assure you that especially Xbox sends gifts to people to do that very thing.

One person doing it here is not going to get the job done but if you do it across multiple sites and have a large enough following on Social Media you will get rewarded

Plus as I have mentioned before I have receipts to back up my claims (or the mods would not let me push that narrative)
I heavily work with Microsoft only from media to publisher relationships. The most they've ever done for me was invited me to their press conferences and private E3 after parties where I got to meet all the folks including Bonnie Ross and Phil Spencer.

I never had them send me any gifts or some sort of crazy promos or advertising offers for their products.

Sony I work with on same level. Media to publisher relations and that's it. I've also been to their conferences and after parties. Had the pleasure of standing next to Mark Cerny many years ago and also had a small chit chat with Adam Boyes at an E3 booth back when he worked at Sony. Very chill cool dude.

Granted, I've had more experience with MS, but neither of them offered me any kind of payment or some sort of special treatment. I was just treated as a media of the press who covers their products. That for them is basically free advertising, they give the games early, we give the coverage at the exchange of the game.

Blizzard gave me a couple of months of free WoW subscriptions and also access to friends and family alpha of their upcoming WoW expansions.

This is the most I've ever gotten out of working in this field. Perhaps people who are in the much higher echelon than me get different treatment. I wouldn't know, because I am not at that level. I am speaking from my personal experience.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I heavily work with Microsoft only from media to publisher relationships. The most they've ever done for me was invited me to their press conferences and private E3 after parties where I got to meet all the folks including Bonnie Ross and Phil Spencer.

I never had them send me any gifts or some sort of crazy promos or advertising offers for their products.

Sony I work with on same level. Media to publisher relations and that's it. Granted, I've had more experience with MS, but neither of them offered me any kind of payment or some sort of special treatment. I was just treated as a media of the press who covers their products. That for them is basically free advertising, they give the games early, we give the coverage at the exchange of the game.

Blizzard gave me a couple of months of free WoW subscriptions and also access to friends and family alpha of their upcoming WoW expansions.

This is the most I've ever gotten out of working in this field. Perhaps people who are in the much higher echelon than me get different treatment. I wouldn't know, because I am not at that level. I am speaking from my personal experience.
I understand you work in the field and you just said you work on the same level with Sony

I know for a fact these "astroturfers" get rewarded with gamepass and other goodies and you are not an astroturfer

I also know Xbox specifically targeted certain sites to be "pro Xbox" by giving them special access to future products

I get it you and Hawke502 Hawke502 think this is tinfoil hat territory but again I have the receipts and this isn't some theory

I wont keep going back and forth with people on this subject, some think it doesn't happen and those people are simply wrong

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
There is clearly something going on with a moderator on here that has a personal vendetta against me. I posted a comment in the forza vs gt7 thread that stated that forza looked a lot better than gt7 in the video asamsapple posted and within 50 seconds my post was deleted and i was thread banned. I've attempted to contact moderation multiple times to request a conversation and no one responds.

My post was deleted with the comment "you're trying too hard, fanboy". I mean really, what is that? We see horrific comments towards other members, and craziness all day but a comment about forza looking better on one video gets me banned from a thread within seconds.

I know the joke is why post a thread, just message moderation. I have done it multiple times. I have never been banned on this site but seem to be getting an increasing amount of thread bans and warnings.

Anyone got any ideas of how I can work through this with the moderation team, or who else I can contact?
Gotta agree. Laugh at me all you want in this thread, but I get similar responses from moderation sometimes. We all occasionally troll, and the fact that we DON'T get banned here for that is actually pretty awesome, because I do think it's often all in good fun. Still, it does feel a bit one-sided in the moderation sometimes, at least from my own point of view. I don't see the responses from others to see if they get the same treatment, so I can't make a truly informed stance, but I can see that some people seem to NOT get banned from threads when they are clearly trolling or arguing in bad faith. I still want back in on the ABK thread, as I feel like my banning from that thread was unjustified, especially with it being proven how wrong some people were in that thread after my banning.

Anyway... I still love GAF, even if some people here can't fathom how you could possibly like Xbox (and also stupidly claim we get paid...), because at least it ain't woke shit here like that purple place, thank God.

Last edited:
I understand you work in the field and you just said you work on the same level with Sony

I know for a fact these "astroturfers" get rewarded with gamepass and other goodies and you are not an astroturfer

I also know Xbox specifically targeted certain sites to be "pro Xbox" by giving them special access to future products

I get it you and Hawke502 Hawke502 think this is tinfoil hat territory but again I have the receipts and this isn't some theory

I wont keep going back and forth with people on this subject, some think it doesn't happen and those people are simply wrong
You are most likely talking about people like DealerGaming I am assuming, or Colt Eastwood. Obviously, those are Xbox pro centric channels with large followings so it would make sense for Microsoft to push their stuff through their channels.

I am simply speaking for myself that I've never been offered anything. Our website/company is not centered towards any of the 3 big sides. We always have something to say both positive and negative about either brands. We do not play favorites. A website like XboxEra will obviously play a favorite with the Xbox, it's in the name. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You are most likely talking about people like DealerGaming I am assuming, or Colt Eastwood. Obviously, those are Xbox pro centric channels with large followings so it would make sense for Microsoft to push their stuff through their channels.

I am simply speaking for myself that I've never been offered anything. Our website/company is not centered towards any of the 3 big sides. We always have something to say both positive and negative about either brands. We do not play favorites. A website like XboxEra will obviously play a favorite with the Xbox, it's in the name. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.
That's all I am saying is that you seem to be working equally on trying to be fair and I commend you for that

There is also a huge difference between you saying that you work in the industry and can assure this doesnt happen and you just now saying that speaking for yourself you have never been offered anything

And I am not only talking about sites like you mentioned

Someone who does it every once in a while doesn't bother me. But the ones that do it frequently do. Especially in topics that have nothing to do with gamepass.

Look I get it if someone enjoys the service but Microsoft already has ads for it. We don't need people doing that work in the forums.

Elder Legend Elder Legend

Last edited:

kikii

I own a company with employees and run my own business on top of doing freelancing and social media advertising for a variety of small/medium people. What is your point you are trying to prove here? You a random internet web forum user that is trying to tell someone who they are? Sounds like super insecurity and self projection. Drop the act.

Brand ambassadors do exist, but those are usually labeled and you have to legally declare that you are an ambassador and that you get commission if someone purchases something off an affiliate link.

Our company is an Amazon affiliate we have people who support us and buy both physical and digital games via our online store. That is the closest thing we do to making money via sales and the only thing we may promote in our written reviews and also writren pre-order guides. Sometimes, we shove the links into a top 10 list for an upcoming month of game releases. It is a smart tactic and usually gets people to purchase the product. The commission is very small and relies heavily on quantity sales rather than a one time purchase.

Other than that, we've never done any paid ads or been approached for any kind of marketing web poster or a banner ad from any video game companies. But that might be because our social media following is not as big as someone like IGN or Gamespot.

The most common paid advertising you'll see from video companies are usually in a form of a sponsored youtube videos such as Raid Shadow Legends or some other big know mobile games.

Obviously, it's up to you to decide if you want to agree to it and make a video on it. I don't know exactly how much they pay but I did hear it's a couple of grand a month and you'd have to be an idiot not to take it. At the end of the day, any kind of company company that exists is simply existing for the sole purpose of making some sort of an income.

Also, I would appericiate if you'd drop down your condescending attitude. I am willing to talk, but if you keep up with sarcastic responses and mr know it all attitude then I am afraid I won't have any interest in speaking with you.
only what u own is gamepass :p

King Dazzar

This thread is for dunking on DenchDeckard DenchDeckard and you meat sacks turn it into a console war.

giphy.gif
There was a local boozer I used to frequent which was notorious. The kind of place you used to be able to buy £20 notes for £8! Anyway. Well one year the pubs football team won the local league. So they for once, got given an extension from the then normal 11pm kicking out time, to 1am. They were so happy they all went on a massive bender (😉) during the day. Fuckers were wacking pool cues over each others heads and fights were kicking off all over by mid evening, so they all got kicked out by 10pm and the pub closed. Never did win the league again!

Last edited:

Sony I work with on same level. Media to publisher relations and that's it. I've also been to their conferences and after parties. Had the pleasure of standing next to Mark Cerny many years ago and also had a small chit chat with Adam Boyes at an E3 booth back when he worked at Sony. Very chill cool dude.

Granted, I've had more experience with MS, but neither of them offered me any kind of payment or some sort of special treatment. I was just treated as a media of the press who covers their products. That for them is basically free advertising, they give the games early, we give the coverage at the exchange of the game.

Probably because you seemed like too reasonable, rational and level-headed dude for their astroturfer program.

Much like proselytizers for religious cults, they look for the most impressionable, most weak-willed and easily manipulatable people to make into their evangelists. Usually, that's low IQ sycophants.

Based on your interactions here on Gaf, you don't seem to be a sycophant for either platform. So it makes sense you weren't offered any "special treatments---reserved for the most loyal fans".

I mean that’s the standard play by some of the worst on here, we often see posts claiming that they’ve owned all the PlayStation systems but this gen (for some inexplicable reason though they usually cite GamePass) they went with Xbox instead and they’re loving it

but as know from HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 most of them are likely being ‘paid’ for this with GamePass subs and other stuff, it’s really sad that 4 gens in Xbox is still massively relying on astroturfers
Microsoft's standard MO is to astroturf everything, it's not anything relevant to Xbox specifically. They aren't stupid, know how bad public opinion is of them. They have probably the single most sophisticated marketing organization that exists of any Big Tech company in addition to the biggest government lobbying apparatus. They learned all this after the antitrust trial of the 1990's nearly got them broken up, they NEED to be constantly on the offensive with marketing and government lobbying to make sure that never can happen again.

Someone who does it every once in a while doesn't bother me. But the ones that do it frequently do. Especially in topics that have nothing to do with gamepass.

Look I get it if someone enjoys the service but Microsoft already has ads for it. We don't need people doing that work in the forums.

Elder Legend Elder Legend
I'll be sure to take that to heart and attack all passionate fans of any platform, we don't need that on the forums /S

If you were genuine you'd say any brand zealot.

I'll be sure to take that to heart and attack all passionate fans of any platform, we don't need that on the forums /S

If you were genuine you'd say any brand zealot.

Glad I made you happy.

:)

Don't really see people shoving PS + in my face but maybe I haven't read the comments yet. But I'm sure someone somewhere does it, it could even be you.

Stop selling me PS+!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom