• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

Ray Down

Banned
Car:

There was negative feedback constantly on how the car moved. Firstly, the car was supposed to move outside of the road too, but it wasn't possible. Then it was decided that the car could fast travel and allow the player to teleport to certian landbmarks. Chocobos weren't added that late into development, the idea was already there when I joined.

Cindey and Iris had bigger roles, if end game wasn't cut:

Cidney and Iris would have had bigger roles. I think this was a side effect. Luna's presence in the game was also affected...

Director:

The director did a great job. The game turned out to be very good considering the state of all things. If they were allowed to release the game in 2017, it could have been the best game ever.

Prompto:

It was not a big deal but there was more material regarding this topic.

Ardyn was supposed to get bigger, with parts of other demons. Big skinless skull, with two wings on his hip. Noctis would only have to fight with one royal weapon and the ring. The fight had multiple sections and after each one, Noctis would use the weapon to harm Ardyn and swap to the next royal arm.

Man that's so Nomura. Reminds me Neo Exdeath, God Kefka, Safer Sephiroth, etc.

Koozek

I wonder how Kagari feels about Stella now.

IDK....I felt that a battle with just Noctis and Arydn as king to king without super-uber mega forms was more personal and IMHO better thematically. The final boss transformation cliche is so overdone.
Absolutely agree. Funnily, one of the things I wished for several times in FFXV threads was that I hope that you don't magically kill god again for the millionth time in the series with the same old transformations throughout several phases. I mean, we (or rather the other gods) did kill a god in the end, but it wasn't the final boss.

Ray Down

Banned
Car was decided not to go off road because it didn't work well with the finished terrain of some finished levels. Also messed with the enemy encounter design.

I remember that and one point, a big ray of light was supposed to appear in the sky, which was the door to the other dimension, the afterlife (which was called versus and that was the meaning of the game title).
latest

A bad character (I think it was Ardyn) caused the gate to this dimension to open. The focus of the villains was to kill an angel who lived in the afterlife and took care of the ghosts.

The female protagonist could talk to every character in this dimension. In the end the angel helped the characters to return to their world but Noctis was too damaged and he ended sleeping with the ghosts and the female protagonist.

I see.

Lynx_7

I don't know, the more I read about how the original Versus would've panned out (considering this leak is indeed true and not just an elaborate hoax). the more I'm convinced that the things I actually did like about FF XV were Tabata's ideas rather than Nomura's, which makes sense considering my stance on the KH franchise. Like others have already said it sounds much more like a FNC story than what we got, and to me that's not a positive quality. If I had to choose between a fully fledged, complete version of what we currently have vs what is supposedly VXIII's original concept, I'd choose the former.

Ray Down

Banned
Combat from a trailer in 2014 was reworked because it was convoluted.

Devolpment team didn't decide the 2016 date, was set in stone long ago and was always gonna come out weather they liked it or not.

gosoxtim

I honestly expect FFVII: Remake to be fairly divisive among critics. Kingdom Hearts 3 won't get the high praise as Kingdom Hearts 2, which is the highest rated game in the series.

I think people need to understand the reality that the old SE is gone and the time when they could release multiple 90+ critically praised games is long done. It doesn't mean I won't buy their games anymore since I love whatever they release, as long as it is not outright terrible like the XIII trilogy.
i disagree i think the remake will do fine with critics ad i believe kingdom hearts 3 will do better then kingdom hearts 2

Absolutely agree. Funnily, one of the things I wished for several times in FFXV threads was that I hope that you don't magically kill god again for the millionth time in the series with the same old transformations throughout several phases. I mean, we (or rather the other gods) did kill a god in the end, but it wasn't the final boss.

He could at least have had damaged clothes or something, instead of the cheap "let's just increase some color glider in 3D Studio Max" red filter thing.

ethomaz

Banned
IDK....I felt that a battle with just Noctis and Arydn as king to king without super-uber mega forms was more personal and IMHO better thematically. The final boss transformation cliche is so overdone.
But this is a game and you need to battle powerful challenges bosses at the end... it is the same thing why people got upset about the final boss in Uncharted.

Ydelnae

Ardyn's final form might have been a fully realized version of this:

latest

With him being the first Lucis Caelum, it would make sense for his final transformation to resemble the lucian emblem.

OrionX

Regis could've really used a scene similar to the Dawn trailer where he's shown agonizing over Noct's future. I mean yeah it wouldn't make sense to the player at first, but by the end of the game it would've all come full circle.

Shame about Cindy and Iris if true. Would've been great to see them in the World of Ruin, along with Aranea and Cor.

Well even the leaker said if they had 9 more months they would have saved the cut content/concepts.

The leaker specifically said it would be the best game ever if they had 9 more months!

Get it right bro :p

--------

Ultimately the story we got with XV would've still been amazing had it been told well. They actually condensed it really well.

Depends on how much information it contains.

Final Fantasy XV Ultimania Scenario Side

Price: 1,728 yen

Release date: December 28, 2016

Size: A5, 752 pages

Section 1 – Character & World: Information on Noctis and friends, history on the Lucis Kingdom and the Empire of Niflheim, and more on the world of Final Fantasy XV.

Section 2 – Guidance: Basics on exploring, summary on quests and subjugation requests, an introduction to facilities, hints for your adventure, and more.

Section 3 – Scenario: A complete guide for all chapters of the main scenario. A side-guide is also included to show you more for your adventure in the world of Final Fantasy XV.

Section 4 – Sub-Quest: Spawn time and methods for all sub-quests, reward information, and a guide for clearing the quests.

Section 5 – Regalia: A look at Regalia body colors, stickers, and customization elements. A full list of music available through the Regalia.

Section 6 – Skills: Data on fishing and a cooking list, along with information on survival and photography.

Section 7 – Mini-Games: Thorough details on mini-games that you can play in the main game, such as Justice Monsters V and Chocobo Racing.

Additionally, the book features an interview with the director & art team,a Q&A session with the development staff, and a poster to show a list of sub-quests and subjugation quests.

from: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/21/final-fantasy-xv-ultimania-pages-bible/#dujVkj3sosf6VIcW.99

ethomaz

Banned
Then I guess almost none of the Final Fantasy games apply.
Old FFs has good and challenging bosses... I even died a lot of time and needed to review my strategy to beat most of them.

Now in XV you just hold circle and recover with items.

Ishida

Banned
Old FFs has good and challenging bosses... I even died a lot of time and needed to review my strategy to beat most of them.

Now in XV you just hold circle and recover with items.

If you absolutely suck at JRPG's, sure.

Do you really, honestly believe that guys like Kefka or Sephiroth were "good and challenging bosses"?

Ydelnae

Cidney in a motorcycle suit would have looked like this (basically EVA from the MGS series).

04f4aa346800520cbb1be7afaeb0c843.jpg

"Long time no see, y'all! Com'ere give'em big boys a hug, I was starting to wonder where did the prince go!"

ethomaz

Banned
If you absolutely suck at JRPG's, sure.

Do you really, honestly believe that guys like Kefka or Sephiroth were "good and challenging bosses"?
Yes... it was.

Take time to beat them first time and even have to level up to reach some more complex strategies.

I loved how I needed to create different battle options to kill them... Kefka was hard as fuck for me... the whole last dungeon with separated teams was extreme hard.

Ishida

Banned
Yes... it was.

Take time to beat them first time and even have to level up to reach some more complex strategies.

I loved how I needed to create different battle options to kill them... Kefka was hard as fuck for me... the whole last dungeon with separated teams was extreme hard.

I thought those were two of the easiest final bosses I've ever fought in any JRPG.

I'll give you Exdeath. Maybe. Ultimecia can be cheesed with Renzokuken and Aura. Vayne is also not particularly difficult.

And Yu Yevon. Well...

Not sure if I like the idea of Stella as Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense. It would at least be something notable about this particular heroine compared to others in the franchise, but whether it succeeds or falls completely flat on its face would have been down to how the character would have been handled. And I'm not exactly optimistic that Stella would have been much better than the Lunafreya we have got.

The more substantial plans for Chapter 14 hurt me. More than anything else, the laughably hollowed out World of Ruin we did get hurts me more than anything else about this game in terms of personal disappointments. The whole way through Insomnia I was just thinking about how much more effective it would have been to allow the player to slowly regain their bearings in this drastically altered environment, meet up with surviving characters again, learn all about what they have experienced in the last ten years and generally let everything marinate as it should. To hurriedly ferry the player off to Insomnia virtually straight away is such a waste. The reunion with the other bros doesn't even feel genuine. It's a whole decade, mate. You would express more emotion when seeing a close friend again after so long than what is essentially a casual 'sup'.

Yeah, I would have killed to see what they could have done if this was a mid-2017 game at the very earliest instead, and if the bean counters and execs weren't heavily breathing down their necks. Oh well. Here's hoping this lot and the whole company take from real lessons from this going forward, because FFXV in many ways still feels like a holdover from the chaotic, disorganised Square Enix of the last decade ever since HD development began. This has to be the cutting point - the demarcation line - where internal management has to be far smarter from hereon to avoid repeating all of this.

ethomaz

Banned
I thought those were two of the easiest final bosses I've ever fought in any JRPG.

I'll give you Exdeath. Maybe. Ultimecia can be cheesed with Renzokuken and Aura. Vayne is also not particularly difficult.

And Yu Yevon. Well...
Of course if you are overleveled spanning KotR in FFVII it was pure easy... FFVIII has a flawed battle system that you became invencible from beginning already.

I don't know you play your JRPGs but I just follow the story in the first playthough and that makes the games and mainly the bosses really challenging.

Dozen of bosses I killed in close to death state in FFs.

Ishida

Banned
Of course if you are overleveled spanning KotR in FFVII it was pure easy... FFVIII has a flawed battle system that you became invencible from beginning already.

I don't know you play your JRPGs but I just follow the story in the first playthough and that makes the games and mainly the bosses really challenging.

I never once mentioned KotR. Sephiroth is a piece of cake even without them. Final Fantasy in general are some of the easiest japanese RPG's around.

I also mostly follow the main story and most of the time I don't bother to grind. I still have little to no issues with most final bosses.

The cheapest one I think was the one in XIII, but only because it would try casting Death on Lightning, and if you didn't have a set of those accessories that prevent Death, you were pretty much fucked. Now THAT was a cheap, terrible battle....

Dozen of bosses I killed in close to death state in FFs.

I'm the same way.
Story before side quests.
Short RPGs are rare, so spending all my time getting 5 drops to please NPCs when the game could possibly have a Xenogears sized story seemed like something that could wait til after I saved the world.

That being said. I don't usually have an issue, but there are challenges along the way.
Once in awhile an Ultemecia, Seymour or big bad will pop up to tell me I should have fought just a tad more before coming here.

Lynx_7

Yu Yevon is not a final boss, come on. Jecht is the final boss and he's pretty tough if you didn't get Anima or haven't done any of the optional content.

I'd say him, Exdeath and Zeromus were the only final bosses in FF I found somewhat challenging. Chaos wasn't challenging himself but the dungeon leading up to him was, so there's that. Maybe II and III have good contenders, I wouldn't know. Still, Ardyn is easy even by FF's standards. I'm fine with that since I liked the more personal approach but I can see why people would be disappointed.

ethomaz

Banned
Yu Yevon is not a final boss, come on. Jecht is the final boss and he's pretty tough if you didn't get Anima or haven't done any of the optional content.

I'd say him, Exdeath and Zeromus were the only final bosses in FF I found somewhat challenging. Chaos wasn't challenging himself but the dungeon leading up to him was, so there's that. Maybe II and III have good contenders, I wouldn't know. Still, Ardyn is easy even by FF's standards. I'm fine with that since I liked the more personal approach but I can see why people would be disappointed.
Well Ardyn could be personal like it was... it was not the issue... I think it could be more powerful like a real challenge to Noctis... after all both have the same powers.

I don't know they were supposed to be even in power in my mind... not Noctis crushing him like a God.

Ahasverus

I want to play this game but I have this strong feeling that they will release the true edition in 3 years. I don't know what to do.

Astral Dog

I want to play this game but I have this strong feeling that they will release the true edition in 3 years. I don't know what to do.
Just play it when the season pass gets a sale like the resent Christmas flash PSN one, by the time they get out a "complete" edition you will be playing other games.

Ydelnae

Who's hugging Ifrit in that Mural? Is that a human Leviathan?

They are Leviathan and Bahamut. All the summons are grouped in the clouds, Ifrit is not there because of his downfall, which is represented by the various demons that look like him in the bottom of the picture.

Ydelnae

So Versus would have featured...

... children murdering other children because of voices in their heads
... yakuza offering familiars as sacrifices in order to gain powers
... blood spilling enemies
... murdered girls coming back from the death as beautifully designed female characters
... people hurting themselves in order to view ghosts
... an entire nation worshipping the idea of death
... dog puppies that would transform into merciless ninjas

Just let that sink in.

Top Bottom