• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

kikkis

It was really well made game in terms of technical execution and graphics. Can't say I really enjoyed the game but it didn't really have anything i disliked either. Some minor things like checkpoints being too long apart. Bosses were sometimes frustrating because not knowing what to do. Or them having unavoidable attacks like tongue.

Combat wasn't really fun, but there wasn't much of it so it's okay. Final ability felt like antithesis to rest of the design, but overall I felt they did everything they could with this game design.

Story was non existent and manipulative with cute creatures with kid voices and telling tear jerkers about lonely lights lost forever in dark forest.

It didn't engross me with anything like elden ring with combat and exploration. But it was still kind of cool to solve puzzles with dexterity of fingers.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Can't say I really enjoyed the game

Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

Story was non existent and manipulative with cute creatures

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

It didn't engross me with anything like elden ring with combat and exploration.

Confused Donald Trump GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Such a good game, one of my favorite platformers of the past decade. And it looks incredible to boot.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It was really well made game in terms of technical execution and graphics. Can't say I really enjoyed the game but it didn't really have anything i disliked either. Some minor things like checkpoints being too long apart. Bosses were sometimes frustrating because not knowing what to do. Or them having unavoidable attacks like tongue.

Combat wasn't really fun, but there wasn't much of it so it's okay. Final ability felt like antithesis to rest of the design, but overall I felt they did everything they could with this game design.

Story was non existent and manipulative with cute creatures with kid voices and telling tear jerkers about lonely lights lost forever in dark forest.

It didn't engross me with anything like elden ring with combat and exploration. But it was still kind of cool to solve puzzles with dexterity of fingers.
I’d say it’s an 8.5/10 just for the great movement and controls. The minimal story is actually a plus in my point of view, much better than a try hard plot that other developers are going for.

Overall, 2 really good games. Graphically beautiful. Nice short length.

Glad they’ve moved on and the story has been told. This game does not need a sequel.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
It's on sale on Switch for $6.99 I believe through today. I think I will pick it up, even though I have it on Xbox.

The game is great, even though OP's review is sooo off base. Comparing it to Elden Ring? Really? Are you 12?

Ogbert

It's in my top 10 games of all time and is the best metroidvania ever.

Agree to disagree.

And the score is fucking incredible.

kikkis

It's on sale on Switch for $6.99 I believe through today. I think I will pick it up, even though I have it on Xbox.

The game is great, even though OP's review is sooo off base. Comparing it to Elden Ring? Really? Are you 12?
I am not comparing it to Elden ring. Are you 6? I am just saying compared to Elden ring nothing really engrossed me and made really want to play this game.

bumpkin

I’d play the Ori games over most of the cinematic games we get nowadays. If you didn’t think it told a story, you weren’t paying attention. It just doesn’t shove it down your throat with ten minutes of Kojima-esque movies every level.

I loved the game because, yeah, it made me feel something, and it was a treat for the eyes and ears. The gameplay was tough but fair (I disagree about the bosses being confusing) and the world was large and varied.

To each their own.

Top Bottom