• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law |OT| A Lawyer Show

wondermega

Yeah but i meant that we dont get a good she-hulk action scene
Stockholm syndrome speaking here at this point, but I was thinking to myself "oh finally, she is at least throwing a car! At last!" Mind you I winced a bit as she had to struggle a bit to lift it up, when in reality (....) She-Hulk should have no more trouble lifting a car than a paperclip. Of course given this show where she is almost never doing anything actiony, perhaps that just owes to her being out of practice and not being aware of her own strength, more than anything else... but still.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Where are all these random supes coming from...that's the thing that bugs me the most out of this show.

Also when that bride to be gave a hug to she-hulk, that was the worst CGI I've seen in a Marvel show/movie.
Wasn't there a scene in Captain America 2 where there was thousands of people SHIELD had been monitoring with Super Powers that they were going to murder with their giant Murder Drones?

ManaByte

Gold Member
The mask and voice in the video at the end.

Surprise What GIF by VPRO

This was the first time that the main character as a Woman, Superhero and Lawyer. Hit me as a desperate, irresponsible and incompetent.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Netflix Daredevil's production staff looking at this episode:

omni-man-invincible.gif

The choreography in the hallway scene was better than most scenes in the Netflix version. I hate dirty fights in movies/TV. They're fine if you're untrained but Daredevil is basically a ninja... This showed his clean technique. The Netflix show was too "brawlery"

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The choreography in the hallway scene was better than most scenes in the Netflix version. I hate dirty fights in movies/TV. They're fine if you're untrained but Daredevil is basically a ninja... This showed his clean technique. The Netflix show was too "brawlery"

I rather liked that about the Netflix show. In a sea of supe stuff where normal humans like Batman are knocking out gangs of brutes with one or two licks, it was refreshing to see something that kind of paid homage to the Hong Kong and Korean movies (which clearly inspired the fights of the Netflix show) where the hero had to earn those wins, had to actually beat down each bad guy to the point where the hero can barely stand by the end of the battle because of how exhausting it must be to fight six or seven guys at once.

But you know, tastes and preference and all. I enjoyed them both a lot.

Last edited:

wondermega

I rather liked that about the Netflix show. In a sea of supe stuff where normal humans like Batman are knocking out gangs of brutes with one or two licks, it was refreshing to see something that kind of paid homage to the Hong Kong and Korean movies (which clearly inspired the fights of the Netflix show) where the hero had to earn those wins, had to actually beat down each bad guy to the point where the hero can barely stand by the end of the battle because of how exhausting it must be to fight six or seven guys at once.

But you know, tastes and preference and all. I enjoyed them both a lot.
ok I think you are convincing me to watch this Netflix show now

ok I think you are convincing me to watch this Netflix show now
Between old Netflix Marvel shows, Disney, and old Fox Marvel movies(aside from both Phoenix movies and Apocalypse) lies the perfect version of how Marvel properties should be presented. Disney is too family friendly and fun most of the time, Netflix was too dark and moody most of the time, and Fox strayed way too far from the comics most of the time. However, all 3 have had moments of merit and should be studied upon for future properties.

Netflix's version of Daredevil makes sense to me. His show should be dark and moody with moments of brevity and light humor as he has his legal and physical war with Kingpin and his entire network of criminals. His own show under Disney highly worries me, same with Blade and other darker heroes, especially with how their pacing has been so fast and loose as of late.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
We live in different times. Sex and the City started in 1998 and lasted many years and no one gave a shit at the realistic depiction of the sex lives of some women - particularly metropolitan women in their 30's.

I'm not saying anyone's opinion is "wrong" or should be shunned on the matter (I'm not a woman so I don't care one way or another), it's just an observation. The internet is probably to blame.

Toons

Some mfs literally trying to find any possible justification for whining about this character/show.

Saw some folks complaining that she'd try to kill a blind man as if she's supposed to know he's blind faster he tre flipped off a moving car.

Then complaining that she threw a vehicle... keep in mind these dudes worship the guy who built an ai that nearly ended the planet

bitbydeath

I’m about 5 episodes in, I’m not liking how they’re just dropping mutants/people with powers in left and right like it’s supposed to be normal in that world. They’re going to eventually address it as a side-effect from the blip right…. Right????

Ulysses 31

I’m about 5 episodes in, I’m not liking how they’re just dropping mutants/people with powers in left and right like it’s supposed to be normal in that world. They’re going to eventually address it as a side-effect from the blip right…. Right????
Well, you can throw a giant bench at a jury(multiple attempts at murder) in front of a judge and still get all charges dropped in that world... 👀👀👀

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Any incels triggered by Daredevil doing the walk of shame this week?

lol, there's no such thing as a walk of shame for men.

You get this instead:

fellas GIF

The tone of the people here is very weird though. Unofficial single cat ladies thread? :p

A subgroup of youtube "influencers".

But overall this show and rings of power have nothing more than a negative reception.

Not really, they get more views than the show itself.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
whats that supposed to mean? she sleeps around? shes a fucking adult, young free single adults tend to you know... enjoy the company of others and bump uglies... fucking Saudi Arabia over here
It means she would find more satisfaction and self worth if she didn't jump in bed with a bunch of guys. I know that it is "powerful" to show a woman having relations with multiple men and she acting like many a loser guy as acted, but for truly satisfactory relationships, wait on the intimacies.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It means she would find more satisfaction and self worth if she didn't jump in bed with a bunch of guys. I know that it is "powerful" to show a woman having relations with multiple men and she acting like many a loser guy as acted, but for truly satisfactory relationships, wait on the intimacies.

That's .. like the complete opposite of what is said to men:

"Sow your wild oats before you settle down"

"You bagged that? Dude! *Fist bump*"

It's generally accepted for men to have lots of sex with many different women before he settles on one woman... Even starting early as a teen... That's a double standard. Women are shamed for the same behavior.

And if you say "but women are the ones who get pregnant."... Well men are the ones who impregnate those women.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

It's generally accepted for men to have lots of sex with many different women before he settles on one woman... Even starting early as a teen... That's a double standard. Women are shamed for the same behavior.

And if you say "but women are the ones who get pregnant."... Well men are the ones who impregnate those women.
I agree, men get a different standard, but it isn't the right standard for them either. I understand why they are doing it. I just don't think it convey a positive self image for either the man or the woman. Sowing oats is not something to be proud of, sowing respect is a much harder and greater accomplishment.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
What fucking century did you pop out of?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Again why do they need to explain it. There are 9 BILLION people on the planet. The first 10 years of the MCU focused on like 10 people with powers.

Again why do they need to explain it. There are 9 BILLION people on the planet. The first 10 years of the MCU focused on like 10 people with powers.
Because there were only like 10 people with powers known to us, validated by only those people fighting agains thanos/loki other bad guys. Where were all these fuckers when shit was going down?

Ulysses 31

Because there were only like 10 people with powers known to us, validated by only those people fighting agains thanos/loki other bad guys. Where were all these fuckers when shit was going down?
Well, in Multiverse of Madness the entire multiverse was at stake and yet they didn't bother to enlist the help of anyone they could get a hold of...

Current MCU heroes think in strange ways. 👀

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Those 10 people were either just aliens, science experiments or well trained individuals, and they were seen as the outliers, not a common entity.

Azurro

Banned

Dude, the double standard exists for a good reason, women are the gatekeepers. They are the ones that choose, a guy gets told those things because he was accepted for sex by a woman, it's not easy. A woman that isn't choosy and just gets laid with whatever demeans her own value, both to the people that she sleeps with and to herself. And guess what? A guy being a sex whore also isn't good for him either in the long term.

Last edited:
Top Bottom