• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Shazam!' director David Sandberg promising DC's most lighthearted movie

a916

Can't wait to hear SHAZAM on the big screen

Please let it match this:

superman-manofsteel-83.gif

Harpoon

With that in mind, Rock and Black Adam's absence from a Captain Marvel movie might be the best possible thing to happen to it, since it leaves things open for other kinds of antagonists and tones.

Yeah, I was not a big fan of how they were hyping up Black Adam so much to the point that it felt like they were making a bigger deal out of him than the titular hero. I'm kind of relieved that he's out now, and am hoping for Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind to be the villains. The Monster Society of Evil are the true GOAT Captain Marvel/Shazam villains!

I did like what Johns did with Black Adam during his JSA run, but it really does feel like he's a bigger fan of that character than he is Billy.

DMVfan123

Banned
This is how it will happen with every DCEU movie going forward; I'm expecting every future DC director to try to one-up the previous by promising FUN, FUN, FUN and COLORFUL ADVENTURES.

What's wrong with wanting to have fun while watching a movie?
And isn't Shazam a light-hearted character? If so that makes sense. These characters wear tights, they're inherently light-hearted

VeeP

This is how it will happen with every DCEU movie going forward; I'm expecting every future DC director to try to one-up the previous by promising FUN, FUN, FUN and COLORFUL ADVENTURES.

Are you... are you familiar with Shazam/Captain Marvel (DC Version)?

He's a fun, light hearted character who does the right thing. Only the recent New52 wasn't, but that was still true to the character in its own way.

I don't expect the next Batman movie to be FUN FUN COLORFUL ADVENTURES, and I really have no idea why you think D.C. movies will go that route. I expect them to try and not be so grim dark all the time though.

Wag

Still in development, script written by Greg Berlanti and Zack Stentz (X-Men First Class, few episodes of Flash and Fringe) and for now, it's not connected to the DCEU

I'm not sure why they don't want to make Booster Gold part of the DCEU. Since Booster is all about time travel they can use it as a way to link all the movies together (part of Flashpoint) and still keep it lighthearted.

I'm not sure why they don't want to make Booster Gold part of the DCEU. Since Booster is all about time travel they can use it as a way to link all the movies together (part of Flashpoint) and still keep it lighthearted.

It's unclear. Back when he said it, he prefaced it by saying "at this time," as the treatment was based around Berlanti's idea for a Booster Gold TV series.

Maybe they adjust to make it fit DCEU or a separate universe in the CW universe. It's the same guy who has Black Lightning and, for the most part, Supergirl in their own universes outside of Arrow/Flash/LoT. I believe he's on the Titans show as well, and that may be yet another universe.

Armie Hammer is in that strange area where his height and don draper voice could make him an excellent Bruce Wayne. But also he seems goofy and blonde enough to also pull off a great Booster Gold. hell I think he'd work great as Shazam too (though not as well as Channing Tatum)

give him something here WB.

Da-Kid

If John Cena is made into Captain Marvel, he needs to grow his hair a little instead of the crew cut.

I kind of hope DC changes the title to "Captain Marvel" and puts it out on the same day as Carol's film.

Battle of the Marvels.

Apoc29

Shit, I thought this was David Sandberg, the director and star of KUNG FURY...talk about a lighthearted movie lol.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
nah, we need a blue filter and angry Billy

/s

sounds fitting for the character, hope it works out

They can get away with calling him Captain Marvel in the marketing, but just not call the movie that, right?

They could get away with calling him Captain Marvel in the movie dialogue itself but they've finally quit doing it on the comic interior pages so who knows.

snap

Banned
y'all pushing John Cena--is he a genuinely good actor, or are you just pushing him because The Rock is Black Adam? I've never seen anything he's in so idk

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
y'all pushing John Cena--is he a genuinely good actor, or are you just pushing him because The Rock is Black Adam? I've never seen anything he's in so idk

Like in a serious role? Hmm. He's alright in The Wall, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson does all the heavy lifting in that movie. I personally don't think Cena is right for the role, but he's good enough for a comic book movie. His line reads don't come off awkward or anything.

I think Cena is a decent actor with great comedic timing. He may not be a good drama actor but for this role I genuinely think he can pull it off.

Top Bottom