• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sams Report: Xbox has a MASSIVE win! Surface continues to Shine.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Frankly I'm surprised you have lasted this long. You exists to troll and never add value.
dude so fing rude i add a lot to this community switch xbox one x ps4 retro gaming you def have no idea wtf you are talking about -_-"
try to have a lil fun some times jees

Last edited:
So if someone hardcore fan of certain brand we ban him,?

What rule he broke? He posts lot of positive Xbox news or news that shows Xbox in positive light. That makes people mad!

What rule he broke? He posts lot of positive Xbox news or news that shows Xbox in positive light. That makes people mad!

I’m kind of shocked this discussion is still happening. Clearly it was more than just posting about MS. People have gotten more in depth with details of that account in previous pages.

Also, aren’t there’s off-topic threads designated for talking mod decisions/bans?

I don’t want to see anyone get perma banned, don’t get me wrong, but there’s more to this than just “TLW does the same thing!” Honestly there was more to it than that, in much eyes anyway.

It's been explained multiple times in this thread and other of his I believe as well.

This thread needs locked along with the others. There's a thread for discussing the ban matter. Somebody posted it earlier.

Last edited:

There's a difference between posting news and posting news + editorializing the hell out of the OP.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Looking at the video in the OP MS made quite a bit of money but following the same report he's looking at, well the public one, MS could have saved millions more if the Xbox wasn't still using the detrimental Blu Ray format. But that's another discussion.
You keep bringing this lie up without one shred of evidence to back it up.

It's seriously time to put up or shut up.

Last edited:
You can't even see a Naughty Dog post or tweet now, without the select running in and calling it a movie or a lesbian simulator, lol.

Yet at this past E3, Gears 5's entire presentation was showing they want to do that same cinematic "emotional" approach. *crickets*

Let's stop acting like petulant and hypocritical children, yeah?
Gears has always had cutscenes, these ones are just better. Compare Quantum Break.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Gears has always had cutscenes, these ones are just better. Compare Quantum Break.

So hasn't Uncharted, but it doesn't stop fans of one box harping on it for it, while ignoring that games on their box that do it as well. All four games being third person too, which is also another new strange one to surface for bashing ammo.

That's all the point I was trying to make, this happens on all sides of fanatic fandom. Hypocrisy.

Last edited:
So hasn't Uncharted, but it doesn't stop fans of one box harping on it for it, while ignoring that games on their box that do it as well. All four games being third person too, which is also another new strange one to surface.

That's all the point I was trying to make, this happens on all sides of fanatic fandom. Hypocrisy.
gotchya, just wanted to make sure you know gears isnt at all a "cinematic". Probably not even like 15 minutes worth of cutscenes on avg.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
gotchya, just wanted to make sure you know gears isnt at all a "cinematic". Probably not even like 15 minutes worth of cutscenes on avg.

Going by E3, the developers claim they want to put some more focus on that. The entire presentation was just cutscenes which I have absolutely no issue with, I'm just wondering those who harp on Sony for it, will stand by their same criticisms when Microsoft starts delivering similar games based on Sony's success with them.

It showed bits of gameplay in it. I don't think that necessarily implies they're taking away from anything to have a better story and cutscenes. Time will tell but i only expect microsoft to fund gears more than ever.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Quit with the crap. Every time I see a whiner complain that an MS shill gets unfairly banned, I ask them to point to examples of Sony shills being allowed to spam and low and behold they can't do it.

I thought we had an amicable agreement, no reason to fan the flames here. For the sake of the integrity of this forum, which to me, is one of the last bastions for intelligent gaming conversations, let's move on.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
This adds a whole new perspective as far as the mods having access to information readily us users would not, unless it was pointed out.

The conspiracy theories can be put the rest a bit me thinks.
The moment he posted how he couldn't send PM's and the username i knew what that user was. I just decided to hold back what i thought because there was obviously nothing wrong with that account yet.

It was painfully obvious though. Its like thelastword getting called Sony's Private Benchmark or some sort. So i am glad tlw is just who he is.

It seems I was incorrect in my assessment, it seems his original account was not fused: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/july...ses-august-11th.1088310/page-3#post-174462171

This presents a problem.

On Era he is Microsft SM Hunert Smoke.

So it seems perhaps he is paid since he keeps using the same name.

But even then if you look at the original accounts posting history it seems like he started out decent because I don't see much shilling, he likely got banned more likely from the 2016 primaries.
https://www.neogaf.com/search/220922/?page=1
Maybe we should leave DetectiveGAF out in the woods instead of publically doing eavesdropping like that.

Frankly I'm surprised you have lasted this long. You exists to troll and never add value.
Don't worry, there are more people that way.

Looking at the video in the OP MS made quite a bit of money but following the same report he's looking at, well the public one, MS could have saved millions more if the Xbox wasn't still using the detrimental Blu Ray format. But that's another discussion.
Its literally the defining media format of the 2010's, Microsoft tried to compete with HD-DVD and they didn't make it. That's how it always goes with standards.

You are essentially saying that Microsoft should return back to using a format (Or well any alternative really) that lost it already the first round. And for what, really?

The moment he posted how he couldn't send PM's and the username i knew what that user was. I just decided to hold back what i thought because there was obviously nothing wrong with that account yet.

It was painfully obvious though. Its like thelastword getting called Sony's Private Benchmark or some sort. So i am glad tlw is just who he is.

Maybe we should leave DetectiveGAF out in the woods instead of publically doing eavesdropping like that.

Don't worry, there are more people that way.

Its literally the defining media format of the 2010's, Microsoft tried to compete with HD-DVD and they didn't make it. That's how it always goes with standards.

You are essentially saying that Microsoft should return back to using a format (Or well any alternative really) that lost it already the first round. And for what, really?

MS did not "try" to compete with us DVD.

Make a thread about it. Oh wait, you did and you were proven wrong there too.

This is you losing your cool and trying to score points while dodging the question. Not either of those links proves MS "tried" to compete with HD DVD. They didn't.

They had an ill advertised add-on for the 360 and both formats used MS codecs, show me where they "tried" competing with actual proof this time.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

This is you losing your cool
Addressing your point with a referral to your locked thread is me dodging the question when there was no question in the first place?

They had an ill advertised add-on for the 360 and both formats used MS codecs, show me where they "tried" competing with actual proof this time.
Make a thread about it instead of derailing this one. As history shows asking your question will be met by a lock of said thread.

Journey

Banned
Permanent ban? He's basically an xbox version of thelastword which makes this choice very interesting...

So you're suggesting TheLastWord gets preference because he defends/promotes Sony? careful, someone might post a Gif with tinfoil hats....

fake edit.... too late.

The last thing anyone wants is for this place to become a bubble, I thought things actually got better with many toxic users leaving in the last "reset", but things might go right back.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Stop this shit you have nothing so you linked to nothing. They never tried to compete with HD DVD, case closed.
Oh i have plenty i am just make a thread about it. Try to word it a little less antagonistic like the previous thread and you are set.

I am not sure what's so difficult to understand on making the topic you want to discuss a seperate topic in and by itself.

Top Bottom