• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sams Report: Xbox has a MASSIVE win! Surface continues to Shine.

mad597

Banned
Yeah this one has me questioning the logic. How is he permed yet thelastword is running around spouting his bullshit in every thread he can?

Last word gets to post Sony hentai fan fiction novels in EVERY Xbox thread and derail anything positive towards Xbox without getting banned. Why the hell was the OP banned?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I see this hell hole is back to being only a sony shill site and positive Xbox news causes people to get banned. How quaint.

I see your post and habits haven't changed one bit either. What are you doing to make this a better place?

ethomaz

Banned
I read the thread this morning but I’m still trying to figure what “massive win” Xbox had in 2018...

Shifty

You can't just throw a bunch of Microsoft related threads and assume they were made the same.
You can't just take all threads that talk about Microsoft and call them shill threads without looking at the threads
You assume I wasn't there at the time reading them and thinking "wow this guy". I was. You might even be able to spot me Where's Wally-style in a couple of them.

The 41 million thread was about the guy from era announce the number and all he did was make a thread reporting it.
If you want to take it without the other threads as context, then sure. It's by far the lightest of his recent crop of content.

The It's go time thread is literally an article about Phil and co saying they are going all in at e3. Heck the topple PS there is from an article an is literally the title of the article.
"Coming off what may be the best year in Xbox One's history this gen, it looks like they are going in for the kill."
Mmm yes, an neutral unbiased newshound if ever I saw one.

and once you go back like 3 days you see his posting was normal. The guy was permed with no warning whatsoever.
Did you not see that the very first link, a thread posted on the 25th, was locked and a mod warning attached to its OP?

Could you have... Not read it? After lambasting me for allegedly ignoring the content of no less than 11 threads? For shame! :messenger_face_screaming:

Yea I agree, I think people who are offended somehow by this are really showing their true colors. It's unfortunate, really. When you permaban someone for this, it feels like censorship to appease Sony fans who are butthurt about some good Microsoft news.

That's just my gut feeling.
You guys are assholes. Sony bias is too strong in these forums. He was genuinely excited about the financial reports and everyone just shit on him.
I see this hell hole is back to being only a sony shill site and positive Xbox news causes people to get banned. How quaint.
This is projection, you don't need to be a Sony fan to get tired of ceaseless Microsoft spin.

It'd be just as annoying if we had a "Sonys Shuhie Yoshida" posting up Playstation minutiae in every minute of their spare time. It's almost as if I'm not fond of any one platform holder in particular, wow!

Also, that was quick :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
If Microsoft is betting so heavily on Xbox becoming software than hardware, why is Xbox on PC still terrible? Every Windows user could potential be an Xbox player on PC if games were avaliable and the store was functional.

demigod

It'd be just as annoying if we had a "Sonys Shuhie Yoshida" posting up Playstation minutiae in every minute of their spare time. It's almost as if I'm not fond of any one platform holder in particular, wow!

Also, that was quick :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You're getting an MS PR when Crackdown hits, and then a week later you'll get another PR from them about how many buildings were destroyed.

Gamezone

Gold Member
You guys are assholes. Sony bias is too strong in these forums. He was genuinely excited about the financial reports and everyone just shit on him.

Nope, he's genuinely excited about everything that has to do with Xbox, and it become annoying.

meirl

Banned
Someone says something positive about Xbox: SHILL! HANG HIM!

Someone says something positive about PlayStation:
its the truth. Can’t argue with that.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean if you're an Xbox fan there's nothing wrong with that. It's even fair to debate your position and post threads about it. I wasn't really paying much attention when his previous threads were started, which is maybe why I feel the community came down pretty hard on him, but when you come back and on a different account with an equally suspicious history...and then damning the site overall...yea can't support that.

Welp I'm off to go bash Anthem...ciao.

Shifty

Nope, he's genuinely excited about everything that has to do with Xbox, and it become annoying.
This is a refreshingly honest take.

I don't know that I'd begrudge anyone their excitement, but I do expect a degree of self-awareness when it comes to translating that excitement into a discussion thread.

The Ninja Gaiden Black back-compat is great. They really did justice keeping that classic alive in 4K.

I await my assigned lynch mob.

Heh, you should've seen me (and others) frequently criticizing Sony's censorship policies and I own a PS4 Pro.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
"While I'll agree there is a huge Sony bias in general on this forum...if you're gonna promote Microsoft, this is not the way, especially if you have any intent on actually having any real conversations. There are a lot of intelligent people here with interesting takes on the industry and it's posts like these that just make Microsoft fans look bad."

^^^
This was what I was going to type in response...then I decided to sift through the forum and look at the topics for Sony...and it's not all that different. I honestly believe if your name was different, nobody would have an issue with this post.
This.

Same stuff can be found on the Sony side and yet.......nada.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This.

Same stuff can be found on the Sony side and yet.......nada.

Annnnd, I'm back. Sup Gavon. After further review, It might be notable that the banned came in on a different account and started bashing NeoGaf...I have since then withdrawn my support. It is true no one complains about Sony articles, generally speaking, but I would be lying if I said I can direct you to an article that shows an obvious bias from the OP and multiple postings pushing their narrative. Looking at his history, I could imagine him googling "Microsoft best wins awesome destroys ps4 Crapgamer Reviews" and basically just started collecting articles to post them here.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Annnnd, I'm back. Sup Gavon. After further review, It might be notable that the banned came in on a different account and started bashing NeoGaf...I have since then withdrawn my support. It is true no one complains about Sony articles, generally speaking, but I would be lying if I said I can direct you to an article that shows an obvious bias from the OP and multiple postings pushing their narrative. Looking at his history, I could imagine him googling "Microsoft best wins awesome destroys ps4 Crapgamer Reviews" and basically just started collecting articles to post them here.

Articles or actual "ads", not quite what we've seen from said poster but, most Sony threads typically go trolless or un-shit posted for the most part on these forums. That was my main point. Sorry if I wasnt clear.

However, if you have a pretty good scrubber the forum isnt half bad. It's just so damn Sony-fied. Which isnt necessarily a bad thing but too much of it though?? And you can hardly post anything positive about Xbox here and not see the usual shit posting or trolls who like to thwart anything Xbox positive. But whateves....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
However, if you have a pretty good scrubber the forum isnt half bad. It's just so damn Sony-fied. Which isnt necessarily a bad thing but too much of it though?? And you can hardly post anything positive about Xbox here and not see the usual shit posting or trolls who like to thwart anything Xbox positive. But whateves....

This happens on both sides and you would be straight up lying to deny it.

There is more than likely going to be more Sony fans since there are more Sony players out there, more consoles sold, and it's more of a worldwide brand. The laws of averages.

But the same thing happens with Sony threads. You can never have a Naughty Dog thread without The "Usual Suspects" as you put it, running in there to hottake their recycled hate, as well as any other Sony first-party game thread with the same repeated snide comments about "movies not games", "walking simulators", "samey third person cinematic", etc., from the same people, rinse and repeat.

Fanatacism is not exclusive to one platform here or anywhere online.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? The only thing I can find is him wanting his old account unbamned and fused with the current one, which was granted. Where did you get bashing from?

Pallas

He deserved a warning or at least a small ban, permanent ban is excessive and extreme, I don’t question Mods descions, but this time I don’t believe the crime fit the punishment.

But whatever, I’m not a Mod.

TLZ

Banned
it seems microsoft is in the same underdog position ps3 was at the end.
they will outsell ps4 if they continue this aggresive.

what an amazing console
giphy.gif

Gamernyc78

Banned
I see ppl throwing alot of Sony bias comments around but it's the same in almost every forum. Sony is the leading console so of course your going to see more ppl talking about it and hyping it up. Shit if anything I see alot of console warriors attacking Sony news and hyping up anything Microsoft lately from different angles because Sony is top dog. I mean you have ppl on these forums that act like psnow doesnt exist to prop up and act like Microsoft is innovating and leading the console streaming future.

I do agree however I dont think he should have got perm banned.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
"While I'll agree there is a huge Sony bias in general on this forum...if you're gonna promote Microsoft, this is not the way, especially if you have any intent on actually having any real conversations. There are a lot of intelligent people here with interesting takes on the industry and it's posts like these that just make Microsoft fans look bad."

^^^
This was what I was going to type in response...then I decided to sift through the forum and look at the topics for Sony...and it's not all that different. I honestly believe if your name was different, nobody would have an issue with this post.

There were more Sony posters being loud present when PS2 was out, a lot more MS posters being loud when Xbox 360 launched and was roaring, there are more Sony fans now with PS4 on the market... it is not bias,.

Quite frankly this forum is moderated well and users are left a lot of freedom to chat and hang about without ban hammers for even the slightest thing.

Last edited:

Klayzer

I see ppl throwing alot of Sony bias comments around but it's the same in almost every forum. Sony is the leading console so of course your going to see more ppl talking about it and hyping it up. Shit if anything I see alot of console warriors attacking Sony news and hyping up anything Microsoft lately from different angles because Sony is top dog. I mean you have ppl on these forums that act like psnow doesnt exist to prop up and act like Microsoft is innovating and leading the console streaming future.

I do agree however I dont think he should have got perm banned.
I've seen more anti-Sony threads in recent weeks. The Xbox fans on this board comes across much more aggressive than the other fanbases here(IMO). What I don't understand is why is it so personal on this site. I might be reading this all wrong though. Pardon my ignorance please.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Microsoft still has gaping holes (software) what does Microsoft gash you with the most? Xbox Live and Netflix which shook up the console market.

I think they’re on a mission just to get even with SONY.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I've seen more anti-Sony threads in recent weeks. The Xbox fans on this board comes across much more aggressive than the other fanbases here(IMO). What I don't understand is why is it so personal on this site. I might be reading this all wrong though. Pardon my ignorance please.

I mean I agree, they are just inanimate objects but it's not a symptom just seen on this site. I frequent many other sites and the fanboy war shit is full steam. This is tame compared to places like n4g lol.

I mean honestly, this warring and its severity has always existed for decades. I remember going into Sega, Nintendo and Turbografx forums and ppl ready to kill each other over which system had a bigger color palette, better audio and could render more polygons lol 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
most Sony threads typically go trolless or un-shit posted for the most part on these forums

Are you serious now? Plenty of times, just quite recently too in onq123’s FP16 machine learning acceleration thread, I have seen like groups of posters coming in and being overly aggressive and/or posting dismissive one liners.
Not shit posting, shilling, or trolling is basic civil behaviour, not really praise worthy IMHO.

Well, we will see whenever we have news of TLoU2 or something if this stands true... I am sureeee we will not see people complaining that all Sony exclusives are overrated, cinematic and shallow, boring, rabid SJW fodder, walking simulators... uhmmmm ;)...

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Are you serious now? Plenty of times, just quite recently too in onq123’s FP16 machine learning acceleration thread, I have seen like groups of posters coming in and being overly aggressive and/or posting dismissive one liners.
Not shit posting, shilling, or trolling is basic civil behaviour, not really praise worthy IMHO.

Well, we will see whenever we have news of TLoU2 or something if this stands true... I am sureeee we will not see people complaining that all Sony exclusives are overrated, cinematic and shallow, boring, rabid SJW fodder, walking simulators... uhmmmm ;)...

You can't even see a Naughty Dog post or tweet now, without the select running in and calling it a movie or a lesbian simulator, lol.

Yet at this past E3, Gears 5's entire presentation was showing they want to do that same cinematic "emotional" approach. *crickets*

Let's stop acting like petulant and hypocritical children, yeah?

Bagofdicks

Neo Member

Didnt just shit on him. They got him banned! For liking microsoft too much I guess?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Didnt just shit on him. They got him banned! For liking microsoft too much I guess?

What? Is this what you think has happened? Another conspiracy? Is it possible someone spams and abuses the board and gets banned for it without being an assault on a tribe of people?

Gavon West

This happens on both sides and you would be straight up lying to deny it.

There is more than likely going to be more Sony fans since there are more Sony players out there, more consoles sold, and it's more of a worldwide brand. The laws of averages.

But the same thing happens with Sony threads. You can never have a Naughty Dog thread without The "Usual Suspects" as you put it, running in there to hottake their recycled hate, as well as any other Sony first-party game thread with the same repeated snide comments about "movies not games", "walking simulators", "samey third person cinematic", etc., from the same people, rinse and repeat.

Fanatacism is not exclusive to one platform here or anywhere online.
It is in my world. I can be pretty up front I'll admit, but I wont shit on Sony as they really dont deserve it. Do I think their services are sub-standard, absolutely. But their games can't be understated. Most are top tier, money printers. Those are just the facts.

I'm not into Sony's games but that doesnt mean I cant see how other gamers feel different. They've done a tremendous job this generation, hands down. I just prefer Xbox offerings a bit more.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It is in my world. I can pretty up front I'll admit but I wont shit on Sony as they really dont deserve it. Do I think their services are sub-standard, absolutely. But their games can't be understated. Most are top tier, money printers. Those are just the facts.

I'm not into Sony's games but that doesnt mean I cant see how other gamers feel different. They've done a tremendous job this generation, hands down. I just prefer Xbox offerings a bit more.

And that is completely fair and how you constructively discuss it.

The usuals on both sides running into threads for games they don't care about just a shit post, derail, and project their insecurities is where it gets tiresome.... and happens on all sides, sadly.

Now I can appreciate good friendly wit and sarcasm, but some people are just downright aggressive, and repetitive.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
they said the same about the ps3 sales of the one have been super aggressive.
i def see this happening .
You are on some special level of delusion. I salute you.

Its like Bish is back banning people for even hinting they like Xbox

Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yea I agree, I think people who are offended somehow by this are really showing their true colors. It's unfortunate, really. When you permaban someone for this, it feels like censorship to appease Sony fans who are butthurt about some good Microsoft news.

That's just my gut feeling.
Please show me all these Pro-Sony shilling threads that are allowed to consistently spam.

Last edited:

Electret

So...everyone realizes OP is one of about three dozen alts that plagued SalesGAF before the ERA split, right?

I recognized him immediately because one of those alts was an extremely similar name back then: Microsoft VP Hunert Smoke. He was concocting a bunch of pro-MS sales narratives, but attempting to pass himself off as an actual MS employee. He was summarily banned, but that didn't deter him until he finally exhausted his three dozen alts.

Oh, and he did the same thing on ERA, creating a slew of alts that were laughibly easy to recognize and also summarily banned.

I guess he thought he'd get more leeway here on nuGAF.

Back then, I wasn't sure if he was a misguided person trying to break into the sales analysis game, or if it was all intentional to get a laugh. It would seem the explanation is merely that he's a fanboy of epic proportion. The Michael Jordan of fanboys, if you will.

Can't access his account, but here's one of his posts: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/july...ses-august-11th.1088310/page-3#post-174464949

You can see people recognizing him as "Microsoft Chad," which was another ill-conceived handle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom