• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sams Report: Xbox has a MASSIVE win! Surface continues to Shine.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So...everyone realizes OP is one of about three dozen alts that plagued SalesGAF before the ERA split, right?

I recognized him immediately because one of those alts was an extremely similar name back then: Microsoft VP Hunert Smoke. He was concocting a bunch of pro-MS sales narratives, but attempting to pass himself off as an actual MS employee. He was summarily banned, but that didn't deter him until he finally exhausted his three dozen alts.

Oh, and he did the same thing on ERA, creating a slew of alts that were laughibly easy to recognize and also summarily banned.

I guess he thought he'd get more leeway here on nuGAF.

Back then, I wasn't sure if he was a misguided person trying to break into the sales analysis game, or if it was all intentional to get a laugh. It would seem the explanation is merely that he's a fanboy of epic proportion. The Michael Jordan of fanboys, if you will.

Can't access his account, but here's one of his posts: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/july...ses-august-11th.1088310/page-3#post-174464949

You can see people recognizing him as "Microsoft Chad," which was another ill-conceived handle.

This adds a whole new perspective as far as the mods having access to information readily us users would not, unless it was pointed out.

The conspiracy theories can be put the rest a bit me thinks.

This adds a whole new perspective as far as the mods having access to information readily us users would not, unless it was pointed out.

The conspiracy theories can be put the rest a bit me thinks.

But I wanna rage!

giphy.gif

So...everyone realizes OP is one of about three dozen alts that plagued SalesGAF before the ERA split, right?

I recognized him immediately because one of those alts was an extremely similar name back then: Microsoft VP Hunert Smoke. He was concocting a bunch of pro-MS sales narratives, but attempting to pass himself off as an actual MS employee. He was summarily banned, but that didn't deter him until he finally exhausted his three dozen alts.

Oh, and he did the same thing on ERA, creating a slew of alts that were laughibly easy to recognize and also summarily banned.

Back then, I wasn't sure if he was a misguided person trying to break into the sales analysis game, or if it was all intentional to get a laugh. It would seem the explanation is merely that he's a fanboy of epic proportion. The Michael Jordan of fanboys, if you will.

Can't access his account, but here's one of his posts: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/july...ses-august-11th.1088310/page-3#post-174464949

You can see people recognizing him as "Microsoft Chad," which was another ill-conceived handle.
Ha, and I was the first one to point that out in that thread.

Honestly, I was willing to give him a chance. When he came back, I thought he dropped the astroturfing habits and posted as a regular Xbox fan. And then, he began making these baity threads with an extremely advertising tilt.

TLZ

Banned

I hope Xbox fans realize this first before jumping the gun with SonyGaf and ConspiracyGaf and not make themselves look silly.

New findings below

Last edited:
It seems I was incorrect in my assessment, it seems his original account was not fused: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/july...ses-august-11th.1088310/page-3#post-174462171

This presents a problem.

On Era he is Microsft SM Hunert Smoke.

So it seems perhaps he is paid since he keeps using the same name.

But even then if you look at the original accounts posting history it seems like he started out decent because I don't see much shilling, he likely got banned more likely from the 2016 primaries.
https://www.neogaf.com/search/220922/?page=1

Brad also goes over the future of Xbox and how they are able to take 1 hardware sales and use services to get a buyer to spend more through games as a service. Very informative video.
Microsoft had it's best Xbox revenue quarter ever.

Well, this is why I don't trust MS with my gaming money, I'd rather have no new console platform than slot machines in the form of consoles.

Last edited:
This thread has been like an Adult Swim 4am live action show.

It started off as an infomericial and then went off the rails and became something so much more.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Please show me all these Pro-Sony shilling threads that are allowed to consistently spam.

How about I just point when every new one is posted? That way we can only focus on the future in hopes that this forum as a whole will be a better place for all video game fans.

The way I figure it, if I never have to speak of this again, we all win.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
There were more Sony posters being loud present when PS2 was out, a lot more MS posters being loud when Xbox 360 launched and was roaring, there are more Sony fans now with PS4 on the market... it is not bias,.

Quite frankly this forum is moderated well and users are left a lot of freedom to chat and hang about without ban hammers for even the slightest thing.

Again, I'm not complaining about the mods. It's the loud minority who first chosen option is to report stuff like this. This is more on them than any collective.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How about I just point when every new one is posted? That way we can only focus on the future in hopes that this forum as a whole will be a better place for all video game fans.

The way I figure it, if I never have to speak of this again, we all win.
OK fine. Do that. If there is annoying poster who comes in making pointless Sony propaganda threads, I'll be the first in line to complain.

100% sure if his name didn't have Microsoft in it, this would be perceived differently.

Or, there's another one you've missed. What if tables were turned and that was a Sony shill poppin threads left and right..trus, he would get nominated for a seal of approval..%100.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Or, there's another one you've missed. What if tables were turned and that was a Sony shill poppin threads left and right..trus, he would get nominated for a seal of approval..%100.
Quit with the crap. Every time I see a whiner complain that an MS shill gets unfairly banned, I ask them to point to examples of Sony shills being allowed to spam and low and behold they can't do it.

Given his history, I don't know why he couldn't have received a warning at least.

I mean in this thread he had a reputable source. I believe that Sam guy is the same guy who leaked the Scorpio information.

I mean he even disclaims that the topic is not for everyone.

I dunno ref...seems like a bad call to me.

If you have to question the motives that go on here you havent been here long enough :)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Quit with the crap. Every time I see a whiner complain that an MS shill gets unfairly banned, I ask them to point to examples of Sony shills being allowed to spam and low and behold they can't do it.
you are the biggest sony shill on neogaf

ADMIT IT
D
M
I
T

I
T

haha buy the xbox one x

Ten_Fold

I rock with Sony every gen but the last, so Microsoft you guys are going to have to bring it even harder next gen because Sony could really use the comp I don’t want them to get complacent on us.

BlackTron

As I read the OP I got this unsure feeling that it was satire. Like the poster was sarcastically poking fun at the video.

He wasn't? I can't handle this.

Not instant but soon yes
What?!

I envy your positivity, but it’s delusional to think that Xbox One will double their sales from the past 5 years in less then 2. I’m sure you will bring up the PS3 but the problem with that argument was that PS3 still sold well everywhere outside of America. America was the only region where Xbox 360 really outsold PS3 consistently.

Xbox One is being outsold in every country including the one country that saved them last gen. I want Xbox to sell well and they are making good strides but catching up the the 96 million sold through or whatever the last number was is impossible.

At this point Microsoft probably want the next gen to start sooner rather then later so they can start over.

you are the biggest sony shill on neogaf

ADMIT IT
D
M
I
T

I
T

haha buy the xbox one x
Oh..you’re just a troll.

Last edited:

Spukc

What?!

I envy your positivity, but it’s delusional to think that Xbox One will double their sales from the past 5 years in less then 2. I’m sure you will bring up the PS3 but the problem with that argument was that PS3 still sold well everywhere outside of America. America was the only region where Xbox 360 really outsold PS3 consistently.

Xbox One is being outsold in every country including the one country that saved them last gen. I want Xbox to sell well and they are making good strides but catching up the the 96 million sold through or whatever the last number was is impossible.

At this point Microsoft probably want the next gen to start sooner rather then later so they can start over.
sony bad microsoft good

tmg-article_tall;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

hey that is not very nice :(

Last edited:
What?!

Oh..you’re just a troll.

You do realize the 360 sold 45+ million outside the US right? And was outselling the PS3 in more than one country?

Spukc

Pretty sure this thread has fulfilled our expectations
I have one and it's my favorite console.

giphy.gif

And can we agree that this thread was shit right from the start?
Also a mod should probably close this sheit thread, no offense but i had my fun this it is def not gaf worthy.

Last edited:
I mean the content in the P isn't actually bad, odd that nobody wants to talk about the video break down but I guess the threads spun off to far too look back at that I suppose.

Looking at the video in the OP MS made quite a bit of money but following the same report he's looking at, well the public one, MS could have saved millions more if the Xbox wasn't still using the detrimental Blu Ray format. But that's another discussion.

Ailike

I haven't bought a console in over a decade so I don't have a horse in this race, but if anyone here thinks the OP was on the level and there's is some grand conspiracy to squash his gospel, then it seriously makes me question every other thread and poster's purpose. I've only seen two of his posts and even I was like, "Really?"

Top Bottom