• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row |OT| Woke me up, Santa Ileso

what an awful OT name

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Fuck all the modes idiocy.
Make 2 modes. 4k and 1440p. And offer vrr unlock for both. That’s it.
And all these modes idiocy makes developers shaft the 4k30 mode. No. It does not have to be so slow and laggy. Demons souls have 75ms more lag than 30fps bloodborne. That’s because demons souls 4k mode falls on ps5 system level lazy vsync.
And that’s how some 30fps games behave. Not all though. Uncharted or Astro are both good at 30fps
For this time I agree with you on that, especially if you "target" some FPS and pass it to a customer, to choose something which is either going to be blurry or in shitty framerate and absolve yourself from the guilt of shitty codebase. From videos I've seen this game runs like Saints 2 on X360.

Arun1910

Any Metacritic review speculations? I'm gonna go with 65.

Looks like hot shit to me unfortunately, was hoping for a step up in quality but nothing I've seen impresses me so far. Looks like old saints with a face-lift. Hope I'm wrong.

MMaRsu

Banned
I was a huge fan of Saints Row, but its sad to see the writing on the wall and some in ignorance of that.

Remember Agents of Mayhem guys? Another recent Volition trash game.

We are far from the days of Saints Row 2 and three, or Red Faction Guerilla.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Arun1910

No that's just a generic "here's what's coming out this week" news release.

On topic:

Surprisingly, my copy has already shipped before the games actual release date, which is highly unusual. Normally I always have to wait a few days *after* release.
I'm honestly really surprised to see anyone pre ordering this.

I expected some new innovation to Saints after waiting so long but I can't see any.

Maybe of course you're fine with more of the same but I can see this in the bargain bin and/or game pass in a few months.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
For this time I agree with you on that, especially if you "target" some FPS and pass it to a customer, to choose something which is either going to be blurry or in shitty framerate and absolve yourself from the guilt of shitty codebase. From videos I've seen this game runs like Saints 2 on X360.
They dangle shiny fidelity 4k mode in your face but then you realize how laggy and broken slow it is compared to blurry mode :p.... yeah great choice

adamsapple

I'm honestly really surprised to see anyone pre ordering this.

I expected some new innovation to Saints after waiting so long but I can't see any.

Maybe of course you're fine with more of the same but I can see this in the bargain bin and/or game pass in a few months.

It's a rental. I'm not going to put a full price down for this either lol. Or for most games coming soon for that matter.

R6Rider

Gold Member
If the game scores high: "Figures, paid reviews" and long rants about why they are wrong

If the game scores low: "I knew! Trash game!" and similar comments.

Arun1910

If the game scores high: "Figures, paid reviews" and long rants about why they are wrong

If the game scores low: "I knew! Trash game!" and similar comments.

If the game scores high I'm going straight to Skill Up to learn the truth

adamsapple

The pre-load is now downloading a 16 GB update.

Guessing that's the big day 1 patch.

Let's see how much it fixes

Surprisingly, my copy has already shipped before the games actual release date, which is highly unusual. Normally I always have to wait a few days *after* release.
It's so people don't have time to cancel their pre-orders.
If someone told me that this game was a 360 game, I'd be inclined to believe them. (no offense intended though, you did a decent job with the character creator)

DB5Lp6H.jpg
MV5BMTUyMzU3OTAxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTIzMDA3._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
yea i do notice in certain games theres input delay when game on 30fps, im not sure why.
I havent played a 30 fps game that hasn't feel somewhat tanky.

The input is just too noticeable. (at least for me, but Im also heavy competitive)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i bought the game day 1 and received few days ago, now im waiting for several patches before jumping in lol

Top Bottom