• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row |OT| Woke me up, Santa Ileso

cormack12

Gold Member
h0fymMv.jpg

3zYL2ko.jpg

ZiITHWY.jpg

P4RfVOI.jpg
P4RfVOI.jpg

1dd7kgk.jpg

P4RfVOI.jpg
P4RfVOI.jpg

XD064PJ.jpg

SJ77cvD.jpg
SJ77cvD.jpg

Dim7Dq6.jpg

VxKE0bg.jpg

Kuranghi

Why does it say DX12 as the specs/settings go up? I could understand for the RT cards but I would never choose to use DX12 over 11 even now on my 1080, only unless its necessary to fix draw call stutters like Kena but then you're locked to borderless fullscreen and have less control of v-sync. In Kena you have to have (triple buffered?) laggy af vsync and you cant override it and its input lag city.

1080p60 needs a GTX 1070? These graphics do not warrant that at all.

I'm full of positivity! It's early for me... need that ☕

Very nice OP!

This is a much nicer thread than this game probably deserves, considering the camera doesn't even follow behind your car when you turn. I've heard a lot of "wow, that doesn't good at all!" things coming from early previews of this title. Here's hoping the game turns out better than it sounds.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Terrible OT title and first reply is from someone who clearly needs therapy, sigh; ignoring this thread it is.
Bruh moment right there.

Anyway bargain bin for me. Huge SR fan but everything we've seen so far screams "disaster on release" and if not that "been there, done that". The characters seem very obnoxious and the tone in general is just off putting. I can excuse all of this when it inevitably goes on sale so I'll just wait for the better and cheaper version a year after release.

cormack12

Gold Member
I have the game since friday. Yeah the performance modes always aims for 60 FPS.
What do you reckon of it? I have enough credit to buy it but I think this might be a case of just hitting when there is nothing else and I've been burned before with that. Gonna try and hold out for a sale unless it's amazing like.

What do you reckon of it? I have enough credit to buy it but I think this might be a case of just hitting when there is nothing else and I've been burned before with that. Gonna try and hold out for a sale unless it's amazing like.

I'm not in the position to give you an advise. I only played arround 5 hours. The game doesn't totally suck like some want to make it out to be. The game isn't a real hit either.

Would wait for a sale.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Game has four different modes at least on(PS5)
1080p/1080p performance
1440p/1440p performance
4k/30
Fuck all the modes idiocy.
Make 2 modes. 4k and 1440p. And offer vrr unlock for both. That’s it.
And all these modes idiocy makes developers shaft the 4k30 mode. No. It does not have to be so slow and laggy. Demons souls have 75ms more lag than 30fps bloodborne. That’s because demons souls 4k mode falls on ps5 system level lazy vsync.
And that’s how some 30fps games behave. Not all though. Uncharted or Astro are both good at 30fps

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
And all these modes idiocy makes developers shaft the 4k30 mode. No. It does not have to be so slow and laggy. Demons souls have 75ms more lag than 30fps bloodborne. That’s because demons souls 4k mode falls on ps5 system level lazy vsync.
And that’s how some 30fps games behave. Not all though. Uncharted or Astro are both good at 30fps
Stop playing games at 30fps.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
As long theres performance mode, ill pretend 4k mode doesnt exist.

lh032

I'm not in the position to give you an advise. I only played arround 5 hours. The game doesn't totally suck like some want to make it out to be. The game isn't a real hit either.

Would wait for a sale.
if i like SR3, should i get this? is there any "cons" in this game compared to previous ones?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
This is a much nicer thread than this game probably deserves, considering the camera doesn't even follow behind your car when you turn. I've heard a lot of "wow, that doesn't good at all!" things coming from early previews of this title. Here's hoping the game turns out better than it sounds.
Sounds like saints row 2.

Just completed it on x360, when you turn around or reverse, the camera doesn't follow and you drive blind.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
As long theres performance mode, ill pretend 4k mode doesnt exist.
That's because 30fps modes recently are just straight up broken with 75ms of delay added.

From software knew what they were doing with their weird framepacing. It's very responsive for 30fps game.
30fps can be done perfectly fine. Not this shit we've been getting from incompetent developers lately.
And no. I will not choose "always 60fps". I play on 4k oled in my face. I want the graphics... but only when 30fps mode is good. Demon Souls is uplayable with their bad 30fps mode

lh032

That's because 30fps modes recently are just straight up broken with 75ms of delay added.

From software knew what they were doing with their weird framepacing. It's very responsive for 30fps game.
30fps can be done perfectly fine. Not this shit we've been getting from incompetent developers lately.
And no. I will not choose "always 60fps". I play on 4k oled in my face. I want the graphics... but only when 30fps mode is good. Demon Souls is uplayable with their bad 30fps mode

yea i do notice in certain games theres input delay when game on 30fps, im not sure why.

lh032

I think they should get rid of the 4K 30fps modes. Dynamic 60 should be the standard.
i think the issue here is alot of people game on 4k tv ,unlike me who game on a 32inch monitor, which 4k below resolution is sufficient.

Last edited:

Jennings

Purple is the New Black.

I'm buying this the minute a plethora of aggregated positive reviews hit the street and justify the purchase. I used to love Saints Row.

ChstJwv.jpg

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have been observing some of these Saints row threads and while I'm not the biggest fan or detractor it baffles me how some can complain since there is a variety of choices on consoles as far as performance modes.

Rewind 10 years and if you told me we'd have that much choice I would have applauded that. Let's not harp on the game for other reasons and decide to pile on just because it's popular to do.

I'm sure it will be better than the original first game, hopefully.

Thanks for the detailed OT, OP. If the game is halfway as good as SR2 in activities and fun it'll be good enough for me. Sucks it won't have the cajones of the old games but hey, that's the world we live in.

Bluecondor

I want to like this game, but the Boss Factory (on PS4) was underwhelming. Despite a lot of work in the various settings, my character looks androgynous. I basically look like the thin white guy version of the boss who is featured in all of the preview videos. The clothing options left a lot to be desired. Nearly every item of clothing is either over the top (like green skin) or casual wear. I like to wear suits in organized crime games as I run my criminal empire, but the only suit they have is double breasted. LOL - my boss looks like Madonna in the Vogue video from the 90s:

original

Top Bottom