• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

game-boi

Ep 2 Thoughts
I am so disappointed in Adore. That was a shitty, unprofessional, and cowardly move in response to real feedback in the first episode. To drop out at the start of the second episode is just immature. How many other girls wished they could have had the chance to be in All Stars 2? This seems so unlike the Adore we've seen on the show previously, in videos, in person, etc. So disappointing.

That said, this episode is the first time I understood why so many people love Katya. She was funny and beautiful. Also, Alaska's Mae West was amazing.

Shizuka

I lost some respect for Adore. I get it's tough, I get it felt personal, just pull through and turn the party around.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I recommend not using spoile tags after a an episode has aired lol. I was only using because I was posting while the episode was airing.

Ugh, I'm so tired of Alaska. We get it, you're everyone's favorite and production loves you, but stop.

Can't wait to see my girl Alyssa Edwards snatch the crown.
Or at least next week's challenge, I believe it's a dancing one so it's pretty much a given.

Ginger is getting the Dax Exclamationpoint treatment, she will probably leave soon.

Raxus

I sort of feel bad for Ginger, she got into All Stars with 2 of the funniest queens to date. I completely glossed over her in Snatch Game.

Rulaskatox is going to be obnoxious drama isn't it?

Can we have a spin off of Alaska and Katya riffing on Drag Race?

Let's be real, Adore was never going to win. She's funny and charming in interviews, but she really got pushed through her season by the producers and her drag is terrible. It's such a boring cop out to be like "I'm rock and roll! I'm referencing riot grrl and grunge!" when her looks are so lazy. A more motivated queen could do something really cool using that era of music and fashion as a reference, but just putting on a flannel shirt and cut offs isn't special. In conclusion: girl, BYE!

Raxus

Let's be real, Adore was never going to win. She's funny and charming in interviews, but she really got pushed through her season by the producers and her drag is terrible. It's such a boring cop out to be like "I'm rock and roll! I'm referencing riot grrl and grunge!" when her looks are so lazy. A more motivated queen could do something really cool using that era of music and fashion as a reference, but just putting on a flannel shirt and cut offs isn't special. In conclusion: girl, BYE!

Adore is....frustrating. She obviously has talent but Adore often defeats Adore. It seems more fitting she leave this way than any other way.

I need to watch more Mae West.

Lol @ Alaska getting hate for being excellent. Maybe everyone else just needs to step up and be better?

Alaska was never one of my favorites, in fact I was pretty meh'd by her on S5. And she did an excellent Mae West, but to say that she is impeccable and always hilarious and whatnot... girl, I dunno.

I just find her too forced on the confessionals this season? Whereas I think that Alyssa and Katya were going to be more ham (in a bad way) but they've been great up until now.

KiN0

Are we really spoiling an already aired episode? ok.

Disappointed in
Alaska, I would have come for Roxxy's blood.

Maybe she was indeed playing it strategically and saw
Tatianna
as a bigger threat though.

The real travesty is
Phi Phi
not being bottom three, sorry but no.

I'm not sure if its about this but there is a big rumor going around BIG SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK OR QUOTE
Not long ago Alaska's ex went complete asshole and spilled all the T, and so far everything has been true, with this we kind of know what is coming. I think these are enough hints for you to look it up without actually spilling things in here because people don't like it even in spoiler bars :p because it seems we now know the top three for sure.

Ah, thanks. I remember some rumors being spread around.
Turns out they've been pretty accurate,

game-boi

Bolded for truths. A quick google of "roit grrrl fashion" would show you how far off the mark she is and how she could put together a good look if she just focused on it. I get that her thing isn't really the show's thing, but why come back in the first place? When she said something along the lines of "I didn't think it would be like this. [pout, pout, pout]" I nearly screamed, "Everybody knows this isn't Rupaul's Best Friend Race! What did you think it would be like?"

So frustrating. Such a waste in an otherwise stellar lineup that could have been ever better.

Maybe I'm just bitter that Willam is never coming back.

Shizuka

Willam was invited, but refused since he was at a LGBT boot camp. After, he "confirmed" the existence of an All Stars second season by saying what I just said, before it was officially confirmed. Now he's pretty much persona non grata.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I just straight up dislike how the whole Adore thing was handled. Yes, Michelle was harsh, but she's not the first queen to complain about judges. Saying she wants to leave because she was hurt, Ru begging her to stay, then asking her to talk to Michelle before leaving 'cause MAYBE she'll convince her to stay?

That's straight up favoritism. I wish Ru would have taken the opportunity to give her tough love and encourage her to toughen up.

This whole thing was disrespectful to every queen who got harsh criticism in the past and every queen who wished to make the season.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
fucking cackling @ Adore
I was so over her bitching and crying i lost interest and hadn't realised the bitch left until they were all standing on the runway getting judged.

Alyssa should have been top three, no phi phi, who should have been safe
Detox shouldn't have been bottom three but ginger should have. Not because ginger was bad but because she was entirely mediocre. Phi phi and detox at least made me laugh a bit which ginger failed to do (maybe she just got a shitty edit idk). Roxxy and tati were both fucking poor

I hope Tati comes back over Coco (I'm assuming that's what they're doing? what else could it be?) I never watched season 2 and I think shes got a lot more to show whereas I don't think Coco has the talent or the drive to compete with the other girls.

Snatch game:
Alaska >> Alyssa >>> Katya >>>>> Phi Phi > Detox >>> Ginger >>>> Tati >>>>>> Roxxy

Ariana is a shit character to do anyway, so that didn't help her. Even still all you have to do is go on a rant about Mariah and talk about big sean's dick and you should be good. and where was the fucking ponytail?

Roxxy was just fucking poor. the girl is on the damn show and you fuck up that bad. Alaska should have sent her packing for that insulting performance alone

lmao @ adore what a baby

it's $100k

bye

also i love that michelle had NO patience for her, like slay.

I'm sad about
tati
tho :( should've been
detox
. she really doesn't have anything to show.

also lmao @ phi phi still doing her bullshit. "i'm here to show the world i've changed"
xYF9Ag5.gif

she's such a snake. hope she goes home next.

i don't buy
roxxxy
changing her mind tho. considering she did to jinkx what
phi phi did to roxxxy in this episode
, i would've figured she would recognise it when it's happening. felt very scripted.

Monocle

Ugh, I'm so tired of Alaska. We get it, you're everyone's favorite and production loves you, but stop.
What the fuck? Hating on her because she's so good and lots of people recognize her quality? What a lame attitude.

Willam was invited, but refused since he was at a LGBT boot camp. After, he "confirmed" the existence of an All Stars second season by saying what I just said, before it was officially confirmed. Now he's pretty much persona non grata.
That's disappointing.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I seriously can't understand why Adore was so touchy. She kept bringing up her Riot Grrl aesthetic but that wasn't what she was called out on, she was called out on her shit dress. If she had come out looking like a kickass grunge rocker then sure, but she came out looking like a Celebrations you find at the back of the sofa like a year later.

Worth it for the happy face when she hugged Ru though.

Came out this episode feeling pissed off aside from Katya's continued brilliance.

Phiphi not being in the bottom was bullshit because she's clearly in a lower tier than the rest. Roxxi can go fuck herself, she's always been a smug piece of trash that seems to somehow combine the worst qualities of both men and women into a single mediocre package.

But I'm not gonna be too mad until I see what this revenge thing's about.

Love this season so far, feels like hard mode and the drama is delicious and the talent is *mwah*
except Phiphi wtf

Kerned

Banned
I just straight up dislike how the whole Adore thing was handled. Yes, Michelle was harsh, but she's not the first queen to complain about judges. Saying she wants to leave because she was hurt, Ru begging her to stay, then asking her to talk to Michelle before leaving 'cause MAYBE she'll convince her to stay?

That's straight up favoritism. I wish Ru would have taken the opportunity to give her tough love and encourage her to toughen up.

This whole thing was disrespectful to every queen who got harsh criticism in the past and every queen who wished to make the season.

As soon as Adore suggested she was thinking about leaving Ru should have told to her pack her fucking bags.

Gradon

I get why everyone is disappointed in Adore. I am too, I wanted to see more of her since she excelled so much personality, bubbly fun and her looks were cute in Season 6.

But honestly, I wouldn't of wanted her to stay after this breakdown anyway. She clearly wasn't in the right mindset to continue in the competition, she didn't feel like it was good for her. She was defeated. If she had done Snatch Game she would've totally bombed it (possibly embarrassing herself) and then gone home anyway. So at least she stuck to what she felt was right for herself.

Carrying on. Tati has disappointed me in leaving. I felt like Roxy was the worst this week but Roxy's win last week counts for something if you consider the 'points' system like Alyssa mentioned. This was such as hard decision to make anyway, all three are so talented. Hopefully the revenge thing is interesting.

Sydle

I like Adore, but I was surprised she was even in All Stars and I'm not at all surprised to see her go this early. I'm hoping Ru brings in someone else. Would love to see BenDeLaCreme come back.

Detox didn't belong in the bottom 3 after that AMAZING look. Should have been Phi Phi, who I think will be the next to go.

Eliminating Tatiana was the right choice. Will not be missed. I won't miss Roxy either.

Alyssa surprised me with her snatch game and her great runway look, but Alaska and Katya are in their own tier.

I like Adore as a singer. Like, a lot. But, and I don't mean this in a shady way, but she's just not a great queen. I know there are a million styles of drag, and hers is uniquely her own....but I don't get excited to see what she's going to bring. With every other queen, I'm excited to see what they're going to bring to the main stage.

Also, Detox's look. Holy. Mother. Ru. That was EVERYTHING.

Lasky is still my favorite forever and always amen.

I feel like Alyssa is really being undersold this season. She has really turned it out both episodes and she's just been "safe". I really hope this isn't going to be a consistent thing tbh, especially when Alaska can just like breathe and the judges will fellate ha.

KiN0

I feel like Alyssa is really being undersold this season. She has really turned it out both episodes and she's just been "safe". I really hope this isn't going to be a consistent thing tbh, especially when Alaska can just like breathe and the judges will fellate ha.
I think it's clear Alaska, Katya, and detox are the real stars this season. Everyone else is just there for entertainment.

kirblar

Detox has about 5 billion more confessionals than anyone else this season. It's kind of crazy, it's like they have her just doing running commentary on everything.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This Alaska's season to lose. And I'm fine with that. She's polished, versatile, funny and gag worthy in real life. Crown the bitch already, geez.

Alyssa is so fucking goofy, I love her and really appreciate how much she's stepped up her looks since season five. She just makes me happy. A top three with her, Katya and Alaska would be iconic.

Shizuka

I think it's a bit soon, but Alyssa's the biggest improvement for me so far, followed by Katya. Katya was always amazing, but she's out of her head and in the game.

Tyrael

Waiting to see Kim Chi and Chi Chi here tonight in Rio. My wife will be at the meet and greet and is hyped and excited as fuck. :D

Yeah Alyssa seems to have much improved. I'm really liking this season of All-Stars. Each queen (except A-bore) knows what's at stake and it shows. Everyone is bringing their A-game. There are no filler queens. It will be hard to go back to the regular season after this.

I did read somewhere that the reason Adore was such a mess was because her dad just died and a bf dumped her via text without explanation before filming. Still, she could have used that to her advantage instead of curling up in a ball somewhere.

Rayis

Phi Phi said on Twitter that the show is editing her as a villain again and that she was giving Alyssa and Roxxxy advice for snatch game because they had asked her and not because she was trying to sabotage them, she was clearly upset about it and is supposedly getting hate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom