• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Alaska-latex.jpg

My favorite moment from the last episode, thanks Chad Sell.
Chad needs to sell this so I can buy it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Phi Phi said on Twitter that the show is editing her as a villain again and that she was giving Alyssa and Roxxxy advice for snatch game because they had asked her and not because she was trying to sabotage them, she was clearly upset about it and is supposedly getting hate again.

Oh this is completely unfair
it did come across as unusual in the show that they were just sitting there when phi phi decided to let rip

Hesitant to believe her 100% though as we've had confessionals calling her out on it

mantidor

I really wanted to go to the Chi Chi Kim Chi gig but my friends decided to go elsewhere.

Is it? She seems super serious about it now. This week's runway look was an absolute slay, but everything else so far has been kinda so-so.

Why are you reacting like this to any criticism of Alaska?

No one ever has called Alaska bland, it's literally a new one.

Is it? She seems super serious about it now. This week's runway look was an absolute slay, but everything else so far has been kinda so-so.

Why are you reacting like this to any criticism of Alaska?

Her drag persona is too distinctive, and she has too many weird/cool little affectations in her performances and stuff to be 'bland'.

Maybe she's getting a little too deliberate or controlled, but bland does not fit. I think people are just asking you to use your words or find more precision in your criticisms, not to not have them. If you expect people to see what you mean you have to actually facilitate that.

RedHill

Banned
This is really an amazing season. The ratings are the best they've been since season 4 too. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an annual All Stars like Project Runway does

This is really an amazing season. The ratings are the best they've been since season 4 too. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an annual All Stars like Project Runway does
I like it every four years like this.
If it was every year and they didn't repeat queens who had already been on all Stars the number of Queens that people legitimately want to see would dwindle REAL fast and we'd have a season with Lineysha Sparks, Porkchop, Sasha Belle, and Dax.

Her drag persona is too distinctive, and she has too many weird/cool little affectations in her performances and stuff to be 'bland'.

Maybe she's getting a little too deliberate or controlled, but bland does not fit. I think people are just asking you to use your words or find more precision in your criticisms, not to not have them. If you expect people to see what you mean you have to actually facilitate that.

No one ever has called Alaska bland, it's literally a new one.
alright, I guess I should've elaborated more.

what you were saying is what I mean - too deliberate and controlled. she kind of reminds me of chad michaels now - i would say she's a lot more interesting conceptually and visually than chad but in terms of the way he would just sort of execute without that sort of "spark". alaska had it in season 5 and I think she probably should've won that season, but I feel like now she is a very seasoned queen and it's kind of buffed out a lot of her rough edges - which are (imo) what makes people more interesting to watch. i don't get the sense that she is hungry for winning anymore in the way she was in season 5, just how chad didn't seem all that hungry in all stars 1 when compared to, say, raven (who was robbed! :p).

it's why i'm sad to see tati go so soon. while i am confident saying that she is weaker than both roxxxy and detox, she was far more interesting to watch than detox because you never know if you're going to get a slay (same parts) or a mess (ariana) which makes things feel less predictable and more exciting.

what you were saying is what I mean - too deliberate and controlled. she kind of reminds me of chad michaels now - i would say she's a lot more interesting conceptually and visually than chad but in terms of the way he would just sort of execute without that sort of "spark". alaska had it in season 5 and I think she probably should've won that season, but I feel like now she is a very seasoned queen and it's kind of buffed out a lot of her rough edges - which are (imo) what makes people more interesting to watch. i don't get the sense that she is hungry for winning anymore in the way she was in season 5, just how chad didn't seem all that hungry in all stars 1 when compared to, say, raven (who was robbed! :p).

it's why i'm sad to see tati go so soon. while i am confident saying that she is weaker than both roxxxy and detox, she was far more interesting to watch than detox because you never know if you're going to get a slay (same parts) or a mess (ariana) which makes things feel less predictable and more exciting.

I can see what you mean. I'm still a huge Alaska fan, but I get the impression that she's really trying to win the game, which to her seems to mean conserving all of her energy and then releasing it when she sees something as a sure opportunity. I think she probably feels like her winning this season is sort of the expected outcome, judging from her career post season five, and she's just intent to see that happen, but it does seem to give you less to grab on to with her.

That makes a lot more sense and I can understand your point.
Alaska isn't bland but perhaps just too polished to be as unpredictable as she was previously.

I can see what you mean. I'm still a huge Alaska fan, but I get the impression that she's really trying to win the game, which to her seems to mean conserving all of her energy and then releasing it when she sees something as a sure opportunity. I think she probably feels like her winning this season is sort of the expected outcome, judging from her career post season five, and she's just intent to see that happen, but it does seem to give you less to grab on to with her.

That makes a lot more sense and I can understand your point.
Alaska isn't bland but perhaps just too polished to be as unpredictable as she was previously.
yeah, that's what I meant to get at. bland was probably the wrong word :p

I know it's All Stars and playing it safe will likely win her the crown, but I miss that sort of risky Alaska who dressed up as a boy for one of the challenges, who created a dress so outlandish that it fell apart before she could put it on, who dragged the other girls in her final speech while they gave pageant answers.

that said we are only 2 episodes in, I guess there's plenty of time. and I was genuinely impressed with her runway look this week, it was a look!

RedHill

Banned
I like it every four years like this.
If it was every year and they didn't repeat queens who had already been on all Stars the number of Queens that people legitimately want to see would dwindle REAL fast and we'd have a season with Lineysha Sparks, Porkchop, Sasha Belle, and Dax.
This season is already only including three more seasons of girls. You can probably make two casts of ten already for more good All Stars casts just from 1-8 queens.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Did anyone else notice Katya's hands when she picking the elimination lipstick? Totally shaking. Poor thing is still a ball of anxiety.

B-Dex

Did anyone else notice Katya's hands when she picking the elimination lipstick? Totally shaking. Poor thing is still a ball of anxiety.

I would take all 3. Triple elimination. She should have. I wonder what RuPaul would have done.

Shizuka

Phi Phi was also shaking during her entrance, I can't unsee that shaking hand when she's holding her hat.

mantidor

I feel like everyone is shaking a lot this season? maybe is the glorious HD thank you VH1.

But seriously I noticed it in PhiPhi's entrance as well when she takes her hand to her face.

B-Dex

I wonder what beverage the judges will partake in while the queens rip each other apart in the werkroom this week. Hard to top a root beer float TBH.

KiN0

I always feel like the best parts of Drag race happen outside the actual show.

On a side note, why do all the queens seem to hate Raven Symoné? I mean, I don't like her either, but did she do something particular?

kirblar

Johnny Fairplay quit Survivor when brought back because he came back too soon (wasn't weaned off painkillers in the wake of the Bonaduce thing and tried to do it cold turkey) - wouldn't be shocked if that's part of what happened here.

I always feel like the best parts of Drag race happen outside the actual show.

On a side note, why do all the queens seem to hate Raven Symoné? I mean, I don't like her either, but did she do something particular?

Yeah I'm curious too.
I don't remember which queen, but one of em she judged real negatively in a way I felt was trying to hard to be clever. Dunno if she had comments like that for the other queens.

mantidor

Imagine an uncut edition of the judges deliberation, I salivate just thinking about it.

The thing with Symone was that she was really,really rude to Adore, but we can't really know for sure.

Not shocking that Phi Phi and Roxxxy have each others backs since they're both equally terrible and phony as fuck, but it's funny that they're too dumb to realize it's not a good look for either of them when they're trying to redeem themselves to the show's audience.

It's also interesting to see Dida's comment since her and Phi Phi used to be tight. I'm pretty sure they were even roommates in Chicago at one point. Very interesting...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Raven Symone just seems to be an all round tit.
Not malicious, just moronic
Not someone you actively hate, but it would make you groan when you find out theyre going to be at the same party.

Matt_

Now I understand where all the 6 oclock shadow comments come from
suits him, as does the brown hair

Rayis

^^^I respectfully disagree, in fact, my first reaction when first seeing Willam out of drag was how good looking I thought he was.

Rayis

PhiPhi's and Detox's runway look, HOLY SHIT! THEY SLAYED!~

Detox's aesthetics are highly underrated, she's so avant-garde

kirblar

I just realized, if they're doing a RI/LKC thing w/ the eliminated girls, they're likely going to bring two back instead of one, due to Adore dropping out and moving them up an elimination.

Phi Phi's getup was incredible.

Rayis

I wouldn't say the right and fair decision was made but I find that very few people will have issues with it .I certainly don't.

Bullshit.
Don't get me wrong. I adore
Katya. She's my 2nd favorite
but she absolutely deserved to go home for that performance and that look.
Ginger
did not deserve to go for either, even if her look wasn't my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom