• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

game-boi

This whole "chance for revenge" thing makes me nervous. RPDR is rather consistent about eliminating the weaker queens early on. In the show's entire history, there's not one instance of the right queen getting a second chance. Max? Nope. Katya? Nope. It's always the average ones who come back to annoy everyone for an episode or two before being re-eliminated. The pattern is clear. I'd rather the show ditch this gimmick completely than keep disrupting the competition by bringing back queens who were rightfully sent away.

Completely stupid idea, but hear me out. What if the queen that gets eliminated this week gets a chance to lip sync the queen voted out by the winner next week? So that way each episode gets a lip sync for their legacy for top performers *and* there's a more traditional LSFYL between the losing queens? Two lip syncs an episode! Queens still setting each other up and part of the process! Drama! Drama! Drama! That would be some next level shit!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I live for the twist but I think it should be the loser of the lip sync that has to boot someone out, that ways there is a double incentive to win to avoid the fallout

Coco was the right choice to go. She's just in a class below the rest of the cast.

Fucking Michelle Visage though jesus christ, she did not come to play bitch

I think Roxxie would have won no matter what. Loved the outfit, loved the dance, loved the second wig and I say this as someone who has never liked her

No. I think making the winner send home a queen is more ideal. I can see it getting really ugly as the season progresses. A lot of backstabbing will follow suit. This is a second chance to win the crown, which will undoubtedly bump up your gig rates. Phi-Phi, Tatianna and Roxxxy are obviously out for blood, since they need the exposure to resurrect their careers. The rest are fairly popular, have a huge fan base, and are highly sought for booking. The ones who appears as assholes from their original seasons are here to reinvent themselves.

Roxxxy is in a league of her own, and she really has matured from her o̶v̶e̶r̶-̶e̶x̶a̶g̶g̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶s̶ (̶s̶o̶r̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶R̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶L̶o̶c̶h̶t̶e̶.̶ ̶L̶O̶L̶)̶ antics evident in season 5.
She openly admitted that her spitefulness toward Jinx was genuine, not merely an edit by the producers to villainize her.

Tatianna shows great maturity as well, and I think a lot of the queens this season will warm up to her. Well-spoken, intelligent, and her drag is unclockable.

Like others have said, I'm glad that Coco was sent home first. She's just a tier below the other girls when it comes to stage presence.

Shizuka

Pandora went off on Michelle and the show. Coco went off on Michelle, too. They must've been anxious for the day-after reactions.

I love this format coz it gives so much power to the challenge winner. And since there are only a handful of episodes this season the queens will do whatever it takes to get ahead. Trying to stay safe isn't ideal anymore. I love this.

This season is going to be the best of all time. I feel it...

Last night was so intense.... I couldn't talk not once watching.

So far... The way Michelle gunned for Adore was some weak shit, idc idc. The minute she gave her 5 minute speech about not talking anything offensive because this is Allstars made me roll my eyes, whatever girl.. We know what you're trying do... But she went in so hard on the poor girl and knowing that she's been doing this since the tours is so fucked up....

... However, I'm sorry but I think Roxy messed up her vote. I don't agree with it and while there is that second chance option, I still find that BS. Also, if that's your friend then... 👀

But can't wait until next week.

B-Dex

yhdy6aib1thx.gif

If that's the reaction from your critique then you fucked up. Michelle was literally just tearing her down it was a joke. Yeah be hard but don't be a mega cunt bitch.

Yeah it was kind of cruel what she did. Considering they're all tourmates it makes that sting extra hard. Felt legit bad for Adore but she handled Michelle's bullying like a goddamn pro. I would have bitten back so quickly D:

Monocle

I agree that Carmen and Kenya were poor choices to bring back, and if Coco is the only one to be able to get revenge it'll be annoying, but bringing Trixie back was the right choice.
Trixie absolutely deserved to go further than Kasha Davis, Fame, Max, and Kandy Ho.
Eh, Trixie had already pretty much established herself by the time she left, and I wasn't super into her character. Max was a lot more interesting to me. She seemed like one of the stronger contenders until she was cut down out of nowhere.

I'm hoping that chance for revenge is some form of loser bracket head-to-heads. Something like Top Chefs "Second Chance Kitchen."

The eliminated queen every week lipsyncs against the winner of the previous week's winner of the "revenge lipsyncs." The queen that makes it to end gets reintroduced at the finale. Or maybe right before.
More lipsyncs can only be a good thing.

Completely stupid idea, but hear me out. What if the queen that gets eliminated this week gets a chance to lip sync the queen voted out by the winner next week? So that way each episode gets a lip sync for their legacy for top performers *and* there's a more traditional LSFYL between the losing queens? Two lip syncs an episode! Queens still setting each other up and part of the process! Drama! Drama! Drama! That would be some next level shit!
This would be great.

kirblar

Max was apparently incredibly self-conscious about her image/how she'd come off to family/friends viewing at home and her work on the show suffered as a result.

Monocle

Max was apparently incredibly self-conscious about her image/how she'd come off to family/friends viewing at home and her work on the show suffered as a result.
That's really unfortunate. I loved what she brought to the show.

yhdy6aib1thx.gif

If that's the reaction from your critique then you fucked up. Michelle was literally just tearing her down it was a joke. Yeah be hard but don't be a mega cunt bitch.

Right... Michelle dragged her something fierce and it's was so uncalled for. At some point it wasn't even a critique... It was as if she just hated everything about her style on a personal level. The only good thing she could attest to was her hair?... Please..Michelle was so transparent and I bet she's going to try to redeem herself the next episode.. I'm glad that Raven (ugh) disagreed.. The first thing she did right in 2016.

Gradon

Michelle's critique of Adore was just jaw dropping. I love Adore and I felt horrible for her. I absolutely adore the new format though, it's brutal and there was no fake drama around. I love everybody on this season and it's gonna be sad to see them leave one by one. :(

I'm also here for
Roxy and Phi Phi's behaviour for a hopeful redemption. If they stick to it.

I am genuinely disappointed that (warning previously leaked spoilers):
I know who goes home and such thanks to a Reddit posting spoilers for top 3... But I'm still here for the ride.

This season is going to give me everything, I can feel it. Adore and her puffy upper lip works my nerves. She can bounce anytime. I'm glad Roxxy is slaying it!

I'm so pissed off. Spoilers for ep 1
Phi Phi should've gone home. I hate Roxxxy now.

As a Sharon Needles stan, I have to have distrust towards PhiPhi. However, her drag has improved so much. Some of the stuff she does is amazing.
I'd rather see her next week than Coco .

As a Sharon Needles stan, I have to have distrust towards PhiPhi. However, her drag has improved so much. Some of the stuff she does is amazing.
I'd rather see her next week than Coco .
I can't help but disagree tbh. I don't think she's going to show anything we haven't seen before. How ironic of her after the whole party city thing, though.

I used to be a Sharon Needles Stan but her drag is so basique now imo tbh.

KiN0

There's a little too much from season 5, but other than that, I'm loving the cast. Especially Tati, she was amazing.

I'm glad Coco is gone, but I hope she doesn;t come back to fuck things up for the rest of the girls. I'm expecting the big revenge twist to be something like the winner is chosen by the eliminated queens or something.

royalan

UGH, I HOPE THIS ISN'T ANOTHER SEASON WHERE ADORE GETS HER HAND HELD THROUGH THE COMPETITION MY GOD.

Michelle was RIGHT.

I was KIND of interested in Adore's aesthetic in her workroom entrance. The 90s grunge. The braids. It was hot.

But her talent show look? It was something my GRANDMOTHER would find matronly. It didn't fit her earlier aesthetic or the song she sang at all. Her blocky make-up hasn't improved. Her singing voice was passable but not enough to forgive how awful she looked. It's especially disappointing because, as Michelle pointed out, she's one of the girls who has gotten the biggest exposure since she left the show. Her look should be tighter. It's like Adore thought that being a fan favorite meant she didn't need to improve, but look at Alyssa and Alaska. Both fan favorites from their seasons who are MUCH improved this time around.

Roxxy SLAYED, and this is coming from someone who did not like her in her season.

Tati...gurl, YAS.

Alyssa was my favorite talent performance. Just as crazy as it was controlled...just like her.

Coco was the right choice but, ugh, Adore better be packing them bags next week, because she already did the pet project thing in her season. Not here for it again. Not here for her busted drag.

UGH, I HOPE THIS ISN'T ANOTHER SEASON WHERE ADORE GETS HER HAND HELD THROUGH THE COMPETITION MY GOD

Amen. You're an established drag queen with a strong brand now. You can't rely on favoritism and sympathy to get you through this season with the judges. I rolled my eyes when Adore came up with her usually airhead excuses when answering to the judges' criticisms. It was funny during season 6, but now it's become tiresome. Grow up, Adore. Michelle is not here for your hog body jokes.

Pearl got the same treatment during season 7. I find it hilarious that she landed in top 3, but not Trixie Mattel, who was far more talented.

UGH, I HOPE THIS ISN'T ANOTHER SEASON WHERE ADORE GETS HER HAND HELD THROUGH THE COMPETITION MY GOD.

Michelle was RIGHT.

I was KIND of interested in Adore's aesthetic in her workroom entrance. The 90s grunge. The braids. It was hot.

But her talent show look? It was something my GRANDMOTHER would find matronly. It didn't fit her earlier aesthetic or the song she sang at all. Her blocky make-up hasn't improved. Her singing voice was passable but not enough to forgive how awful she looked. It's especially disappointing because, as Michelle pointed out, she's one of the girls who has gotten the biggest exposure since she left the show. Her look should be tighter. It's like Adore thought that being a fan favorite meant she didn't need to improve, but look at Alyssa and Alaska. Both fan favorites from their seasons who are MUCH improved this time around.

Roxxy SLAYED, and this is coming from someone who did not like her in her season.

Tati...gurl, YAS.

Alyssa was my favorite talent performance. Just as crazy as it was controlled...just like her.

Coco was the right choice but, ugh, Adore better be packing them bags next week, because she already did the pet project thing in her season. Not here for it again. Not here for her busted drag.

This is some t right here. I love Adore's music. I'm over hte "I want to look like shit!" argument she gives. I'm sorry. That runway look was terrible. Terrible. I wanted to go in hating Tati, but I loved it.

I loved Roxxy at first. I hated what a bitch she was to Jinkx who I only marginally liked. So, ya.

Still living for Lasky and Katya, though.

royalan

This is some t right here. I love Adore's music. I'm over hte "I want to look like shit!" argument she gives. I'm sorry. That runway look was terrible. Terrible. I wanted to go in hating Tati, but I loved it.

I loved Roxxy at first. I hated what a bitch she was to Jinkx who I only marginally liked. So, ya.

Still living for Lasky and Katya, though.

I'm living for Katya's expensive Russian housewife look.

B-Dex

Even though I've never met you, I think about you all the time in the morning... at the bus stop.

🚎

I'm living for Katya's expensive Russian housewife look.

She's one of my favorites of any season, seriously. I'm still happy Lasky did a new song and not something from Anus. PhiPhi was fucking terrible, though. Better than Coco's fancy walking, I guess....

TBH I don't know why Adore agreed to be on AS2. She should've seen Michelle coming from miles away. Perhaps she thought they'd be 'nicer' to her considering she was voted #1 fan favorite and keeping her around would be good for viewership. I don't know.

I wish Laganja was part of the line-up. I read that she was asked, but refused because the filming happened during the VMA stint with Miley that she choreographed (and also because Season 6 left her partly traumatized due to the extreme anxiety she went through).

Katya is serving and I live. Hopefully in future episodes she can bring back her freaking hilarious runway commentaries chronicling the elaborate and complex meaning her outfits carry.

Coco, Coco, Coco. gerl wut

/choices

Adore is annoying and her catchphrase (i.e. "crutch"phrase) gives me hives.

I kind of don't agree about Michelle being too mean. She is the one judge that always speaks honestly and plainly and I always appreciate that. Some of the other judges say things just to get laughs or to make themselves seem cool, but I feel like Michelle always has the girls' best interests at heart.

Queen.

Kerned

Banned

Michelle was RIGHT.

Tati...gurl, YAS.

Preach. Adore looked like shit on the runway and was rightly called out for it. This isn't her first fucking rodeo, she should know better than to bring that lazy bullshit to All-stars.

What makes it so bad is that its stated that Adore and Michelle go at it like that on tour. So why get on stage and act brand new about it? It shouldn't be a surprise that Michelle is gonna come for you when you come out looking a mess. I don't buy her boo hoo act for a second.

Y'all are mean, lol. If you cry after a critique then the judge overstepped. Adore was brought back to the show for exactly what she is. Why is she suddenly required to change her style when the other drag queens are celebrated for their aesthetics?

Y'all are mean, lol. If you cry after a critique then the judge overstepped. Adore was brought back to the show for exactly what she is. Why is she suddenly required to change her style when the other drag queens are celebrated for their aesthetics?
The expectation is that you come back improved. Adore has not.

Because her aesthetics are trash...?

royalan

She didn't have to change her style, but she could have improved it.

I don't have time for All Star queens coming back on the show and still dealing with the same problems they had on their seasons. I want to see a perfected version of what they brought to their season and facing new challenges.

Not here for more episodes of Adore's busted look and insecurities. It's like Adore was expecting a pat on the back for just being there.

KiN0

Ridiculous. Michelle's comments weren't anymore offensive than usual. If Adore hadn't turned into a sobbing mess, this wouldn't be an issue.

Wilsongt

I think the biggest thing with Michelle and Adore is that they've been on tour with BOTs for a long time. Give your shady comments on Adore there. Don't wait until a TV show to go all in because you know what is going to happen.

Now it makes sense why next week happens.

Also, can I just say I was LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVING for Roxxxy's striptease and that Lipsync. And I am so in love with Tati again. Everyone is so good this season. Thankfully the only filler queen was Coco.

kirblar

Perusing Reddit, whatever happened there was apparently worse than what made the TV airing. I don't think I've seen this kind of unanimous defense of one of the other performers vs a judge before.

Ridiculous. Michelle's comments weren't anymore offensive than usual. If Adore hadn't turned into a sobbing mess, this wouldn't be an issue.
tbh.

Adore looked a mess. imo
Phi Phi
should've gone home, but everything Michelle said was true. It's not the first time a girl has cried after the judges critique and it won't be the last.

A mess.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
tbh.

Adore looked a mess. imo
Phi Phi
should've gone home, but everything Michelle said was true. It's not the first time a girl has cried after the judges critique and it won't be the last.

A mess.
Yeah I feel the same way. What Michelle said was harsh but accurate. It's all stars and it looked like Adore didn't put a lot of effort into her look and just expected her singing to carry her through the challenge.

Eccocid

Adore is boring meh.. Ok she can sing well but rest of her is predictable. One episode is enough for her. Same goes for Coco.

Only Katya excites me cuz she is unpredictable and crazy. I wish Milk was there too. Some of the queens (That actually includes Katya too) too over exposed now in social media and with their own series on Youtube, I can't feel excited as i used to be anymore.

Raxus

Adore, Alaska, Roxxy, Phi Phi, and Detox all have plotlines going into the season which usually means they are going to last past the first few rounds. It may annoy some of you but it is how the game is played.

Gripes aside it is nice to see so many Queens on point in one way or another this season. Still lukewarm on the format of queens eliminating queens.

Can we just get a spin off show of Katya riffing on Drag Race. Her comments give me life every time.

Shizuka

I can barely wait for the Snatch Game. I need to see if any queen is repeating their characters or choosing someone completely new to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom